Adkins - Pros and Cons

847 posts
2.8 lita injection

Re: Adkins Out please

by 2.8 lita injection » 21 Oct 2014 21:33

AthleticoSpizz so are you saying you want MaccyD back?

& get the Kebe back too.

Be like the good old days.

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 21 Oct 2014 21:34

No, but we need someone, who can get the team playing to their strengths. McD did that last time we were in this position, we need someone to do that now.

I am a firm believer in never go back, so, no, I dont want McD back....

And tbh, aside from Pulis (who I dont think would come here), I dont know who that person is....
Last edited by One Beer is never enough. on 21 Oct 2014 21:36, edited 1 time in total.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Oct 2014 21:35

go one further 2.8...... Jonny Oster and Graham Stack are still playing.
Last edited by AthleticoSpizz on 21 Oct 2014 21:36, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Oct 2014 21:35

AthleticoSpizz he is pretty much where Rodgers was when we sacked him

Not at all. Rodgers took over when the club was fairly stable and had just bottled a promotion, got to spend plenty to replace the Prem quality players he lost, then took us towards the bottom looking abject before a marginal improvement. We got absolutely destroyed with no redeeming features on multiple occasions.

Adkins has been in charge during turmoil, hasn't had even remotely the same financial backing and, at times, we've actually played pretty well and created decent chances. We're just cataclysmicly error prone in defence.

And if we're in the bottom 5 come December and still on a run of poor form, I wouldn't be particularly surprised if Adkins did get the boot. At the moment though, this is still a relatively short run of atrocious form, albeit it's hard to see how it'll end. But then it always looks impossible to see how to turn around poor form until after it happens.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Oct 2014 21:37

winchester_royal Still think he's a good manager - but far from convinced he's the guy to lead us out of this.

There aren't too many obvious replacements though.

McDermott is an obvious choice. But he's not the long term answer to our problems (many of which he contributed to) and I don't think you should ever go back.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Oct 2014 21:38

Ian Royal
AthleticoSpizz he is pretty much where Rodgers was when we sacked him

Not at all. Rodgers took over when the club was fairly stable and had just bottled a promotion, got to spend plenty to replace the Prem quality players he lost, then took us towards the bottom looking abject before a marginal improvement. We got absolutely destroyed with no redeeming features on multiple occasions.

Adkins has been in charge during turmoil, hasn't had even remotely the same financial backing and, at times, we've actually played pretty well and created decent chances. We're just cataclysmicly error prone in defence.

And if we're in the bottom 5 come December and still on a run of poor form, I wouldn't be particularly surprised if Adkins did get the boot. At the moment though, this is still a relatively short run of atrocious form, albeit it's hard to see how it'll end. But then it always looks impossible to see how to turn around poor form until after it happens.
sorry to disapoint Ian...your post is sooo good.

I was merely alluding to the thoughts and feelings around here....not anything factual

:arrow:

dogmark01

by dogmark01 » 21 Oct 2014 21:40

Turns8 Thing is who would you replace him with...taking into account the cost of sacking him and Crosby and the fact that splashing the cash on a replacement, will only mean less money, if any, to spend on players.

The current squad is simply not up to the task...we seriously need a couple of experienced centre backs who can add a bit of stability to the back four...as the current two seem to be coasting through games because they know there is no one else to challenge them. But then this seems the case with a number of players...

his squad with a lot of the players he has signed.
Seems to be everyone knows we need defenders - apart from the suit wearing fake tan idiot thats in charge of the team

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 21 Oct 2014 21:42

Ian Royal
winchester_royal Still think he's a good manager - but far from convinced he's the guy to lead us out of this.

There aren't too many obvious replacements though.

McDermott is an obvious choice. But he's not the long term answer to our problems (many of which he contributed to) and I don't think you should ever go back.

He might be an obvious choice, but don't think he'd be the right choice.

We need somebody to unite the club, and not sure that McD would do that as most fans are still split 50/50 on whether it was right to sack him.

Personally my choice would be Dolan, but that would be a risk. Bryn is doing good things in Iceland and may be an option in a couple of years but certainly not in our current mess. Then there's the likes of Steve Clarke and Chris Hughton who would stable the ship but neither of those get me particularly wet.

Bad times

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Y21 » 21 Oct 2014 21:46

Where is Coppell these days?

Shackleton Royal

by Shackleton Royal » 21 Oct 2014 21:47

Yes please.

Wanted him out since middle of last season. He started to win me over with the Wigan performance, but look where they are now.

His team selection has cost us points on its own, just look at Brentford away, his signings (apart from Cox) haven't performed well enough.

If I were in charge he'd be gone. The question is what will the owners do? IMHO I think they'll give him until Spring or end of summer transfer window, unless of course we are in danger of being relegated!

Not good enough at all Mr Adkins!
His record, for the record, is Won 25, Drawn 19, Lost 26.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 21 Oct 2014 21:48

Eamonn Dolan in NOW.

#adkinsout

Jinx

by Jinx » 21 Oct 2014 21:49

dogmark01
Turns8 Thing is who would you replace him with...taking into account the cost of sacking him and Crosby and the fact that splashing the cash on a replacement, will only mean less money, if any, to spend on players.

The current squad is simply not up to the task...we seriously need a couple of experienced centre backs who can add a bit of stability to the back four...as the current two seem to be coasting through games because they know there is no one else to challenge them. But then this seems the case with a number of players...

his squad with a lot of the players he has signed.
Seems to be everyone knows we need defenders - apart from the suit wearing fake tan idiot thats in charge of the team

I can understand why you say that - but how do we know he hasn't tried to sign defenders? Everyone on here talks with such certainty as if they know what happens at the Club

Adkins Evolution

by Adkins Evolution » 21 Oct 2014 21:50

Look on the bright side. Either we improve and we're all happy, or we don't and eventually those who want Adkins out get their way, with little argument. Win/Win

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 21 Oct 2014 21:51

Someone needs to get sacked. Not fussed who and not fussed if it's The Adder. People are calling him that now, right?

Shackleton Royal

by Shackleton Royal » 21 Oct 2014 21:52

Adkins Evolution Look on the bright side. Either we improve and we're all happy, or we don't and eventually those who want Adkins out get their way, with little argument. Win/Win

Yeah, amazing logic!

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 21 Oct 2014 21:55

Shackleton Royal
If I were in charge he'd be gone. The question is what will the owners do? IMHO I think they'll give him until Spring or end of summer transfer window, unless of course we are in danger of being relegated!

You been drinking?

Shackleton Royal

by Shackleton Royal » 21 Oct 2014 21:56

windermere_royal
Shackleton Royal

You been drinking?

You not give him that long then?

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 21 Oct 2014 22:00

how can we give him until the summer transfer window that closes next September, unless we are in danger of relegation? that is a month into next season .
Don`t you mean the January window?

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 21 Oct 2014 22:00

Heaven knows I'm a patient man but when I've given up on him you know the game's up, not to cocoon myself in my own hubris but when you've lost me it's every bit as portentous as the chairman's vote of confidence

If he's not out of the job by November time I'll hand in my log-in details on this forum, it's me or Nige, let hobnob decide!

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 21 Oct 2014 22:01

He has to shoulder the blame for this rut simply because we do not have the options available to us to change it. We make changes tonight and bring in Akpan and Blackman who haven't been up to championship level for 18 months.

Defensively we have gone backwards. We have 3 out of the back 4 that played the most of last season, but we don't look like a unit any more, just 4 individuals who rock up and look like this is the first time they have played together.

We lack any quality in the final 3rd. Murray got 30 goals in the championship being supplied by zaha and bolasie. We have Jamie Mackie who has never side footed a cross in his career and Robson kanu who beats a man and then tries to beat him again. We contribute zero goals from midfield. Any top team has at least 2 midfielders who got 8 or above for the year. Where is that coming from for us?

I don't understand the mccleary and Williams problems either. They were carrying injuries at the end of last year, went through a whole pre season and then it is decided they need an op. We have wasted 3 months of rehabilitation with them and then now they've missed the whole start of the season. They now won't be up to full fitness until Xmas, which is when fixtures come thick and fast so there will be added strain back in their bodies.

I really want to give Adkins a chance, but we have gone so far backwards it scary. We can't defend and goals don't appear to coming from all around the pitch. We look devoid of ideas and confidence, and have no options to change it apart for the millions of centre midfielders we are playing out of position.

If we lose to Blackpool Saturday he has to go!

847 posts