53%
Out
47%

Total votes: 176
loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Poll - Adkins In or Out

by loyalroyal4life » 09 Nov 2014 18:51

This team does NOT want to play for Adkins, said it before will say it again!

He is not right for us, certainly not long term.

May as well get rid of him now and rebuild for next season.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 09 Nov 2014 19:03

Last I heard, Bryn was quite firmly anchored in Iceland. He wants his children to experience living there.
When Aaron Kuhl takes over from Dolan, Bryn will probably be willing to be his assistant or something.

mad79

by mad79 » 09 Nov 2014 19:05

Voted out. Would like to find out why the in voters see in him. Our starting 11 is not that bad yet we are giving poor display's every week. Our best game was Watford home last season. But remember he made changes and failed to pick up there number 10 running the game after his subs. Can't see him turning things around even if given January transfer window

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 Nov 2014 19:07

Not really fussed either way tbh.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Nov 2014 19:11

loyalroyal4life He is not right for us, certainly not long term.

May as well get rid of him now and rebuild for next season.
non-plussed, but haven't we heard this on here before?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Nov 2014 19:59

windermere_royal This forum is almost equally divided between pro and anti Adkins, one way or another something needs to be done. either we need to improve . or he needs to go to unite us all to the Reading cause again , I`m sicerely hoping it`s the former, but even I accept the next 7 fixture before the new year will define whether he is right for the long term future of our club

Thankfully, at the match the support for him is significantly greater in number than the haters.

To be honest the one reason for him to go is to shut up the whining morons who can't get over McDermott's sacking so they can move on and as you say we can get some unity.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Nov 2014 08:44

Ian Royal
windermere_royal This forum is almost equally divided between pro and anti Adkins, one way or another something needs to be done. either we need to improve . or he needs to go to unite us all to the Reading cause again , I`m sicerely hoping it`s the former, but even I accept the next 7 fixture before the new year will define whether he is right for the long term future of our club

Thankfully, at the match the support for him is significantly greater in number than the haters.

To be honest the one reason for him to go is to shut up the whining morons who can't get over McDermott's sacking so they can move on and as you say we can get some unity.

Just cos some people chant "Nigel Adkins' Barmy Army" and others don't boo him does not mean that the support for him at the match is significantly greater than the "haters" I know lots of people at the games who don't want him here - they just have slightly greater intellect than to think it's worth booing him or however else you should show you "hate" as you put it. It's interesting that attendance has been down, perhaps a lot of "haters" have been voting with their feet?

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 10 Nov 2014 09:42

For all these Adkins out people (who by the way can't seem to actually put a decent argument together for why we should sack him or perhaps I just haven't read one yet) how much of an enticing proposition do you think our club would be for a new manager?

We've just sacked a widely respected manager for being mid table even though we have sold some key players and had been hit with injuries.

New owners we know very little about and a history of not spending when its required ie upon promotion.

Or are you all just banking on Dolan wanting it?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 Nov 2014 09:57

HoneyRoastHoax For all these Adkins out people (who by the way can't seem to actually put a decent argument together for why we should sack him or perhaps I just haven't read one yet) how much of an enticing proposition do you think our club would be for a new manager?

We've just sacked a widely respected manager for being mid table even though we have sold some key players and had been hit with injuries.

New owners we know very little about and a history of not spending when its required ie upon promotion.

Are you really serious with that? Absolutely ridiculous to suggest the Reading job wouldn't be an enticing proposition for any competent and ambitious manager looking for work at this level.

Seriously, if you're going to attack people for supposedly being unreasonable to Nigel Adkins don't destroy any credibility you might have by coming up with stupid statements like that.

We managed to get a new manager having sacked a highly respected manager, after not spending any money and being on the verge of relegation before so I think we would manage to find one now should we choose to look.
Last edited by sandman on 10 Nov 2014 10:44, edited 3 times in total.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Nov 2014 10:05

Royal Lady
Ian Royal

Just cos some people chant "Nigel Adkins' Barmy Army" and others don't boo him does not mean that the support for him at the match is significantly greater than the "haters" I know lots of people at the games who don't want him here - they just have slightly greater intellect than to think it's worth booing him or however else you should show you "hate" as you put it. It's interesting that attendance has been down, perhaps a lot of "haters" have been voting with their feet?

To be balanced, you knowing a few people who don't like him isn't any greater measure than the lack of anti Nige chanting. No one where I sit even talks about whether he should stay or go and I suspect that is a more typical position.
As for attendance, it leapt up between Rotherham and Charlton presumably indicating a swing back in favour of him staying....

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 10 Nov 2014 10:39

What is it with football fans - why does everything have to be so black and white? It's not.

It's not "haters" vs the delusional Adkins zealots (although HRH is doing a fine job of the latter)

There are a number of people who aren't particularly happy with the football but are willing to give Adkins more time - however we need to see signs of improvement. Bashing Blackpool and Rotherham and then getting done by Charlton who really weren't that good is not encouraging. Attendance is down and our football isn't really very inspiring.

We've got injuries yes, but with McCleary coming back and Williams getting back to sharpness we should see drastic improvement surely?

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 10 Nov 2014 10:40

Seriously; ANOTHER thread on the same subject???

:(

Each time there is a defeat, there is another poll or thread asking whether Adkins should stay or go; it really is a total waste of bandwidth.

FFS all that is going to happen are that those that want Adkins out will re-state their views, and those that think he should be given more time will re-state their views.

Certain posters will slag off other posters who will slag them back off again and we end up where we are.

What is the bloody point?

I seem to recall a mod stating that the next Adkins thread wouldn't even get a merging but would be eliminated immediately............

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 10 Nov 2014 10:42

Mr Angry Seriously; ANOTHER thread on the same subject???

:(

Each time there is a defeat, there is another poll or thread asking whether Adkins should stay or go; it really is a total waste of bandwidth.

FFS all that is going to happen are that those that want Adkins out will re-state their views, and those that think he should be given more time will re-state their views.

Certain posters will slag off other posters who will slag them back off again and we end up where we are.

What is the bloody point?

I seem to recall a mod stating that the next Adkins thread wouldn't even get a merging but would be eliminated immediately............

good point. what is the bloody point?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 10 Nov 2014 10:54

Mr Angry Seriously; ANOTHER thread on the same subject???

:| hence this being a discussion board, FWIW we haven't had a poll on Adkins in or out this season have we?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Nov 2014 11:17

Blimey this is tight, thought it would be a landlslide for the voices of reason on here...

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 10 Nov 2014 11:22

Sutekh Blimey this is tight, thought it would be a landlslide for the voices of reason on here...

what - the out campaign?

:wink:

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 10 Nov 2014 11:45

sandman
HoneyRoastHoax For all these Adkins out people (who by the way can't seem to actually put a decent argument together for why we should sack him or perhaps I just haven't read one yet) how much of an enticing proposition do you think our club would be for a new manager?

Are you really serious with that? Absolutely ridiculous to suggest the Reading job wouldn't be an enticing proposition for any competent and ambitious manager looking for work at this level.

Seriously, if you're going to attack people for supposedly being unreasonable to Nigel Adkins don't destroy any credibility you might have by coming up with stupid statements like that.

We managed to get a new manager having sacked a highly respected manager, after not spending any money and being on the verge of relegation before so I think we would manage to find one now should we choose to look.

Calm down buddy, read it again. I asked how much of an enticing prospect it would be. I also didn't attack anyone.

Jeez did Nige run over your cat?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 Nov 2014 11:56

HoneyRoastHoax
sandman

New owners we know very little about and a history of not spending when its required ie upon promotion. This

Calm down buddy, read it again. I asked how much of an enticing prospect it would be. I also didn't attack anyone.

Jeez did Nige run over your cat?

And I gave you answer. Don't like it then don't ask the question.

No he didn't run over my cat, I've said quite a few times that he's a good manager just not the right fit for RFC. He's been an underperforming manager for Reading Football Club plain and simple.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Nov 2014 12:49

I'm intrigued as to what 'the right fit for Reading FC' is, particularly since going forward under our new owners we have no real idea what the identity and culture of the club will actually turn out to be.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 10 Nov 2014 12:53

leon What is it with football fans - why does everything have to be so black and white? It's not.

It's not "haters" vs the delusional Adkins zealots (although HRH is doing a fine job of the latter)

There are a number of people who aren't particularly happy with the football but are willing to give Adkins more time - however we need to see signs of improvement. Bashing Blackpool and Rotherham and then getting done by Charlton who really weren't that good is not encouraging. Attendance is down and our football isn't really very inspiring.

We've got injuries yes, but with McCleary coming back and Williams getting back to sharpness we should see drastic improvement surely?

+1 to this.

I agree the football has been a bit uninspiring for large chunks of this season, and I understand the reasons for wanting him out, but I believe he should be given more time to at least have a go at the league with a full squad. We looked far better last Tuesday with Williams back in the squad, and with more players coming back into the squad it will only get stronger. Plus there is the possibility (hope?) that money will be available in January for us to strengthen again. We are still only a few points off the bottom play off spots so there is plenty of time in the season for things to be put right and for us to be challenging at the right end of the table.

He gets an IN vote from me and til the end of the season in all probability, unless we nose dive towards the relegation zone in the New Year or there is no improvement by the end of the season with a full squad available.

215 posts