Will you return to the Madejski once Adkins has gone?

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Will you return to the Madejski once Adkins has gone?

by Angry Shed Sex » 12 Nov 2014 17:45

P!ssed Off
Elm Park Pasty
P!ssed Off: The old "I'll support the team no matter what" works a bit better if the people saying it actually go to matches in the first place.

I always thought you supported the club not the manager, but then I thought you were allowed to support a club even if work/home life/financial constraints meant you cannot go as often as you used to. Apparently not.

Yes, but it's much easier to "support the team" if that doesn't actually involve doing anything.

So you're basically saying the more complicated and arduous the journey to get to a game, the more right you have to support a club?

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 12 Nov 2014 17:48

Angry Shed Sex
P!ssed Off
Elm Park Pasty I always thought you supported the club not the manager, but then I thought you were allowed to support a club even if work/home life/financial constraints meant you cannot go as often as you used to. Apparently not.

Yes, but it's much easier to "support the team" if that doesn't actually involve doing anything.

So you're basically saying the more complicated and arduous the journey to get to a game, the more right you have to support a club?

:roll:

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 12 Nov 2014 20:25

tidus_mi2 Man you guys are boring, do you really need ten threads slating Adkins?

Why not?

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 13 Nov 2014 07:18

I think he's lucky there's only 10.

I suppose it sums up our namby, pamby fan base

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Nov 2014 08:19

Royality creeps In I think he's lucky there's only 10.

I suppose it sums up our namby, pamby fan base

Our namby, pamby fan b?

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 13 Nov 2014 09:48

Return to the Madejski??

I've been going to every match to support the team.

There are a lot of so called fans who need to take a good look at themselves and realise they are acting like spoilt children. "we're not winning every game, it's not fair"! As for the person who referred to the return of King Brian....'kin 'ell man, get a grip.

Did any of you really expect us to be pushing for promotion given the shite the club has gone through of late? I think a mid table finish this season was always realistic.

Stop moaning about Atkins and get back to supporting the team.....it's more fun - honest!

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 13 Nov 2014 09:58

semtex1871 Return to the Madejski??

There are a lot of so called fans who need to take a good look at themselves and realise they are acting like spoilt children. "we're not winning every game, it's not fair"! As for the person who referred to the return of King Brian....'kin 'ell man, get a grip.

Did any of you really expect us to be pushing for promotion given the shite the club has gone through of late? I think a mid table finish this season was always realistic.

Stop moaning about Atkins and get back to supporting the team.....it's more fun - honest!

I was with you until the very end but how can you support Adkins and still spell his name wrong!

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 13 Nov 2014 10:06

semtex1871 Return to the Madejski??

Stop moaning about Adkins and get back to supporting the team.....it's more fun - honest!

Nice, can we all just move on

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Nov 2014 10:16

Still go despite my dislike for the manager but if there are other things to do on a Saturday afternoon then I don't have a problem missing a game like I used to.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 13 Nov 2014 11:07

Mr.Swainey Might even be tempted if Adkins has stopped ruining the club.
Do realise the people who stopped going to the Madejski because of Adkins have also stopped visiting the team board because of you? Maybe if you left they will return and respond to your post.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 13 Nov 2014 12:40

Forbury Lion
Mr.Swainey Might even be tempted if Adkins has stopped ruining the club.
Do realise the people who stopped going to the Madejski because of Adkins have also stopped visiting the team board because of you? Maybe if you left they will return and respond to your post.

I might even return once the club goes into administration after the Thais' ruin the club. Actually, that won't be possible, will it?

8)

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 13 Nov 2014 12:46

Semtex There are a lot of so called fans who need to take a good look at themselves and realise they are acting like spoilt children. "we're not winning every game, it's not fair"!

As if people ever expect Reading FC to be "winning every game" :lol: . 143 years of mediocrity suggests otherwise. You've over simplified the issue(s) there.

That said, I'd agree with you to some extent.....can't expect the club to change managers just because a few hundred people cba to attend these days.....

Waylenstreet

by Waylenstreet » 14 Nov 2014 15:49

Elm Park Pasty
I'm sorry, but this is a ridiculous question asked by a 'let's get rid of the manager because, well, just because...' sort of person. I have been watching Reading since 1967 and, believe me, I have seen some absolute dross in the 46 years since. It has never stopped me from being a Reading fan, which I shall be until I shuffle off this mortal coil.

I don't go to watch us as often as I would like, but as soon as the opportunity presents itself I shall be there again, regardless of who the players or owners are, and regardless of who the players are. It's like a drug, perhaps I should seek some therapy!

+1 I can't get there anywhere near as often as I like, but I always thought a true fan supported their team through thick, thin and awful managers. Can't ever recall threatening to boycott the club during Bullivant's reign. Every week then was the expectation of sh*t football and a defeat, but I still went.

+2 and once more into breach..the manager isn't the problem..we are in a state of deliberate, managed, decline..but that won't stop me going when able. I hope to still be going when the official name might be the same, but we will be calling the stadium something else.