Embarassing Fans

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Embarassing Fans

by Hendo » 08 Nov 2014 08:23

leon this is like watching a dribbling competition

Think it's quite apt for the embarrassing fans thread.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 12 Nov 2014 13:08

Royaly Fcuked
Will95 First game was Reading-Gillingham back in 2000.
My first was home to Bristol City in 2001.

Sobering thought that there is now a generation of loyal, regualr match going fans (who presumably attend on their own rather than with mummy and daddy :?: ) for whom the Madejski Stadium is the extent of their 'home' matchday experience :cry:

No wonder the home game vibe is so appalling, when they only have the Madejski Stadium atmosphere as a reference point. I don't even think Reading supporters are remotely noisy/passionate away from home these days; can recall trips to places like Palace in the 90s and even early 00's when you felt breathless at times joining in with 1,500 noisy, beered up Reading fans for 90 minutes.

I guess the game has changed really, football crowds don't sing anywhere any more. And if you think about it, how ridiculous is it to sing songs in support of a bunch of well-paid grown men you don't know :lol:

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 12 Nov 2014 21:48

floyd__streete
Royaly Fcuked
Will95 First game was Reading-Gillingham back in 2000.
My first was home to Bristol City in 2001.

Sobering thought that there is now a generation of loyal, regualr match going fans (who presumably attend on their own rather than with mummy and daddy :?: ) for whom the Madejski Stadium is the extent of their 'home' matchday experience :cry:

No wonder the home game vibe is so appalling, when they only have the Madejski Stadium atmosphere as a reference point. I don't even think Reading supporters are remotely noisy/passionate away from home these days; can recall trips to places like Palace in the 90s and even early 00's when you felt breathless at times joining in with 1,500 noisy, beered up Reading fans for 90 minutes.

I guess the game has changed really, football crowds don't sing anywhere any more. And if you think about it, how ridiculous is it to sing songs in support of a bunch of well-paid grown men you don't know :lol:

I've watched Reading home for 14 years and away for 8 (properly for only 3 though to be fair) and can think of two good home atmospheres and three good aways.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Nov 2014 12:56

Yes will, the game against Derby was it when you told everyone around you that we were staying up and made up a result that you'd "heard on the radio". :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 13 Nov 2014 12:58

Was that Will? If so.....you utter Pillock :!:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Nov 2014 13:18

floyd__streete Was that Will? If so.....you utter Pillock :!:

Yes, yes it was. :evil:

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 13 Nov 2014 14:00

Royal Lady Yes will, the game against Derby was it when you told everyone around you that we were staying up and made up a result that you'd "heard on the radio". :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

What?! So confused :lol: :?

Zana Badawi

by Zana Badawi » 13 Nov 2014 14:31

floyd__streete

Finger on the pulse there, Floyd.
I'm saying it started when some away ticket prices began starting with a 3.

Will95 I've watched Reading home for 14 years and away for 8 (properly for only 3 though to be fair) and can think of two good home atmospheres and three good aways.

Only one common factor at those games.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Nov 2014 15:41

Will95
Royal Lady Yes will, the game against Derby was it when you told everyone around you that we were staying up and made up a result that you'd "heard on the radio". :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Thought you were the poster formerly known as Willz or whatever your name was?? If I'm wrong, I apologise, but you certainly sound like him. :|

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Nov 2014 16:33

Royal Lady
Will95

Thought you were the poster formerly known as Willz or whatever your name was?? If I'm wrong, I apologise, but you certainly sound like him. :|

Will95 would only have been 13 when we played Derby.

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 13 Nov 2014 17:04

Yepp 12 and not there! Only ever gone to Aston Villa away by then!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Nov 2014 17:15

Well I apologise most profusely - every post you make I've been imagining Willz making it - so I need to get out of that habit - but let that be a warning NEVER to make up a lie at a football match! :wink:

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 13 Nov 2014 17:26

Royal Lady Well I apologise most profusely - every post you make I've been imagining Willz making it - so I need to get out of that habit - but let that be a warning NEVER to make up a lie at a football match! :wink:

That's alright :lol:

After the Burnley game and the divs making that up, I'll be sure not to!

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 14 Nov 2014 03:07

Royal Lady Well I apologise most profusely - every post you make I've been imagining Willz making it - so I need to get out of that habit - but let that be a warning NEVER to make up a lie at a football match! :wink:

Obsessed :lol: :lol:

Suppose it's my word vs your post count so you'll win every time... But harboring a vendetta for 6 years over a false allegation (how do you suppose I managed to listen to fm radio over your bleating?) puts you squarely in the category of "Embarassing fan" does it not?

I sincerely hope you take this bitterness to your impending grave.

Best x

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Nov 2014 13:37

willz_royal

Obsessed :lol: :lol:

Suppose it's my word vs your post count so you'll win every time... But harboring a vendetta for 6 years over a false allegation (how do you suppose I managed to listen to fm radio over your bleating?) puts you squarely in the category of "Embarassing fan" does it not?

I sincerely hope you take this bitterness to your impending grave.

Best x

What a charming young man you've turned out to be.... Did you search your name to find these posts? :lol:

You most certainly did tell people an incorrect score to make us think we were staying up - I saw you turn around and tell people.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 14 Nov 2014 13:39

most active poster in embarassing fans thread - royal lady....

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Nov 2014 13:43

WoodleyRoyal most active poster in embarassing fans thread - royal lady....

Whatevs - you may have realised by now I don't care!!

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 14 Nov 2014 13:51

lol so much so, you replied to my post. RattLOLed

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 14 Nov 2014 16:04

Will95
RoyallyFcuked Fair play, I'm only a year older than you. I've done 35 in total but only seen RFC play at I think 26 of those grounds. When was your first game?

Well on the way to doing the 92 anyway 8)

First game was Reading-Gillingham back in 2000. Done 49 away, Wembley and home (MadStad) with Reading and England home and Switzerland away with them in September. Not that interesting tbh.

Another one to add to your posse Will :lol: :lol:

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 14 Nov 2014 16:14

LWJ
Will95
RoyallyFcuked Fair play, I'm only a year older than you. I've done 35 in total but only seen RFC play at I think 26 of those grounds. When was your first game?

Well on the way to doing the 92 anyway 8)

First game was Reading-Gillingham back in 2000. Done 49 away, Wembley and home (MadStad) with Reading and England home and Switzerland away with them in September. Not that interesting tbh.

Another one to add to your posse Will :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: