paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Bolton (H)

by paddy20 » 07 Dec 2014 10:10

Jackson Corner
West Stand Man
PieEater ....... and Norwood were poor.

So wrong.

Yes he was. He is like a crab he just goes sideways. Never passes forward shocking dead ball delivery. I fail to see how he gets a game?

I missed his first two games. Never seen any impact from him apart from a few long passes that just give the opposition time to organise. Ask any of the Huddersfield fans and there weren't many that were unhappy to see him go. Basically pretty ineffective

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Dec 2014 10:32

Dreadful game made worse by the cold keeping me awake.

Someone explain why in the second half we had a left footed player on the right wing and a right footed player on the left wing and consequently no real ability to take on and beat full backs.

Please also explain what Adkins is actually trying to build at this club as I'm yet to fathom out anything beyond being able to bore people by keeping possession in our own half.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 07 Dec 2014 10:41

Wycombe Royal
Armadillo Roadkill Lee Chung-Yong - best player at the Mad Stad this season. By a country mile.

I disagree. He was lightweight and no end product to show for all his running around. I don't think he was even the best player on the pitch today. I don't like to say it but I thought Matt Mills was very good. Won everything and even his passing was excellent, in fact a couple of his passes forward started attacking moves that Lee Chung-Yong wasted.

Couldn't cope with Cooper though.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 Dec 2014 11:12

Can't help thinking that Hammond's Christmas message of great cheer had a really negative effect on morale of both supporters and players. Supporters now realise that it it is extremely unlikely that we will achieve anything other than a ground out mid-table position this year as there seems little prospect of bringing in some much needed signings to deal with the weaker areas of our squad.

Our better players are also likely to be peed off by the fact that we are unlikely to see the squad strengthened and will probably be waving goodbye to Murray as well.

And finally, those nearing the end of their contracts have also received strong signals that there isn't a future for them at the club.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 07 Dec 2014 11:17

Sutekh Dreadful game made worse by the cold keeping me awake.

Someone explain why in the second half we had a left footed player on the right wing and a right footed player on the left wing and consequently no real ability to take on and beat full backs.

Please also explain what Adkins is actually trying to build at this club as I'm yet to fathom out anything beyond being able to bore people by keeping possession in our own half.

My interpretation of Adkins tactics are, in a nut shell

Feds throws out to Centre back
Centre back passes to other Centre back
Other Centre back either passes it back to Feds or to one of our full backs
Now Full backs either pass it back to Feds or to the Centre backs who Oooooooooooooof it upfield to a front person who loses possession.

My old pub team manager could do a better job

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 07 Dec 2014 11:57

paddy20
Jackson Corner
West Stand Man
So wrong.

Yes he was. He is like a crab he just goes sideways. Never passes forward shocking dead ball delivery. I fail to see how he gets a game?

I missed his first two games. Never seen any impact from him apart from a few long passes that just give the opposition time to organise. Ask any of the Huddersfield fans and there weren't many that were unhappy to see him go. Basically pretty ineffective

See: Danny Guthrie.

We all loved him early doors before teams found him out. Wonder how long it will take for the same to happen to Norwood.

Jano

by Jano » 07 Dec 2014 12:06

I was so bored I watched the snooker on my phone rather than watch the great steaming pile of dog doodoo on offer on the pitch. I think I recall a single shot from open play on target, and that was a deflection.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 07 Dec 2014 12:22

Sutekh Please also explain what Adkins is actually trying to build at this club as I'm yet to fathom out anything beyond being able to bore people by keeping possession in our own half.

Take the positives. Clean sheet. Another game with Cooper pairing Hector. Long road to totally rebuild a team. That's the beauty of football. Suffer the bad times. You appreciate the good times more. Nor does one become complacent.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 07 Dec 2014 13:15

Lower West
Sutekh Please also explain what Adkins is actually trying to build at this club as I'm yet to fathom out anything beyond being able to bore people by keeping possession in our own half.

Take the positives. Clean sheet. Another game with Cooper pairing Hector. Long road to totally rebuild a team. That's the beauty of football. Suffer the bad times. You appreciate the good times more. Nor does one become complacent.

Agree to an extent but can't see any real progress from the time he took over. Would welcome a list of these from anyone.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 07 Dec 2014 13:48

One positive is that they seem to have cracked set pieces again. We've not been much of a threat since Harte left, but since Cooper's come in it's all change, almost every ball from a corner has caused mayhem the last couple of weeks.

Still very toothless in attack from open play though.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 07 Dec 2014 14:00

Shocking headed miss from Hector. Not even Chumpionship-standard header.

arthurfondrelli

by arthurfondrelli » 07 Dec 2014 14:03

Negatives
- lack of goal threat
- lack of urgency for most of the game
- quiet games for players who should be making an impact (HRK, McCleary, Norwood, Obita)
- so so so boring

Positives
- clean sheet for two young centre backs
- Cooper looked iffy at times, but on the whole played well
- Murray did not stop running all game, unfortunately to no avail
- no injuries
- more game time for McCleary and Williams
- one game closer until the end of this season

We move on

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 07 Dec 2014 14:32

Awful game of football. Simply cannot understand the formation and tactics we employed at start. Bolton equally poor though, and not getting the love for the little Korean fella. He was tidy enough on the ball but they didn't create any thing of note.

Cooper was very solid defensively. Norwood had a good game alongside a very iffy Williams. Obita looks more and more like a left back every time he plays.

The twats who jeered HRK off can do one.

Adkins has to be careful. Falling attendances will be becoming a real concern for those at the top and performances like yesterday won't be doing anything to arrest the slide.

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 07 Dec 2014 14:44

Dull game, poor performance, dire atmosphere.

Cooper, Norwood and Obita looked alright, keep Pearce out hopefully, but lets drop bloody HRK.

Can see us losing 3 of the remaining four games this year.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 07 Dec 2014 14:56

winchester_royal alongside a very iffy Williams.

Going to take a dozen games to regain full sharpness.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 07 Dec 2014 16:02

Lower West
winchester_royal alongside a very iffy Williams.

Going to take a dozen games to regain full sharpness.

12 more games? or 7 + the 5 he's already had?

Either way, you're being daft.
He's contributed very little in his last 5 starts. If he can't improve now then drop him.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 07 Dec 2014 16:19

FAO those who are boycotting, good on you - if you're in need of your regular fix of football, come on down to Slough Town for some proper football without Hal-Robson Kanu anywhere near the team.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 Dec 2014 16:26

Ugh.

Non League is shite m8.

Watching Paint Dry>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Watching Reading>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Watching Non League.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 07 Dec 2014 16:43

Mr.Swainey FAO those who are boycotting, good on you - if you're in need of your regular fix of football, come on down to Slough Town for some proper football without Hal-Robson Kanu anywhere near the team.

No, not good on you at all.

If you support a club you support the club, not the players, not the manager, not the owners, the club.

This club is in deep shit at the moment and desperately needs the support of the fans who have enjoyed the good times of the past 10-12 years when it's been easy to give support. It's depressing to see so many turn their back on the club in its hour of need.

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 07 Dec 2014 17:02

Missed 1 game including friendlies in the last year. It's not enjoyable right now but I go because I support the team and occasionally you see something great and enjoyable. Could have given up after the 6-0 at Peterborough last season, but I saw moments like Doncaster away which make it all worthwhile.