Birmingham (A) match thread

243 posts
Percy's Rocket

Re: Birmingham (A) match thread

by Percy's Rocket » 13 Dec 2014 18:21

I have always thought that appointing Adkins was pointless at the time because it was no step forward from what Brian could potentially do but now it is taking us backwards and downwards. Is this not obvious to the owners. Is there any way Pulls just might be persuaded by the fact that we would be a relatively short commute ?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Dec 2014 18:21

semtex1871 What do you think Atkins could do differently?

It's too easy to call for the manager to be sacked, but surely the players have to take responsibly. These players should be doing better than they are, regardless of who the manager is.

There has never been a manager who applies for a job and asks for minimal funds to spend, the club to be on the brink of going bust and the chairman & DOF to be fucking useless as conditions of him taking the job. I don't care who was in this role, they would not have done any better. Fact.

We should field the U21s team for our next match, with the 1st team as ball boys.

You lot calling for the manager to be sacked are really not helping the situation. How about #HammondOut or #MadejskiOut? Them pcunts are the real villains here.....

Unlike our utterly incompetent first team players, you have hit the target absolutely spot on with the above post.

Percy's Rocket I have always thought that appointing Adkins was pointless at the time because it was no step forward from what Brian could potentially do but now it is taking us backwards and downwards. Is this not obvious to the owners. Is there any way Pulls just might be persuaded by the fact that we would be a relatively short commute ?

And do you seriously think big spender Pulis stands any chance of succeeding at a club where the transfer pot available to him would be the square root of f*ck all?
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 13 Dec 2014 18:23, edited 1 time in total.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 13 Dec 2014 18:22

Just got in. Did we win? It was only Birmingham after all

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 13 Dec 2014 18:22

He was bothered. He tried to not let it show, but at one point in his interview with Dellor his frustration leaked out.

I thought Rodgers was great choice. then at some point it became clear it wasn't working out, and it was time for change.

I was hugely enthusiastic and supportive of McDermott. Then it finally became clear it was time for a change.

It feels that way now. In both the above cases, and now, it's the same mistake being made time after time, and a failure to recognise that need for change that spells the end.

I remember being at Sixfields years ago when Pardew was being questioned. That day Kevin Watson and John Solako started as new guys, and the whole style of play and almost the whole philosophy changed with them. Pardew saw what was going wrong and took steps to fix it quickly. Adkins is in grave danger of going the same was as Rodgers and McDermott - if you won't change a losing formula you lose your job.

It would be great shame, because I like him: he's an honourable man with a great track record and I believe he's sincere. But today's performance and result must mean he is effectively a dead man walking with only the slightest chance of a reprieve.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 13 Dec 2014 18:23

It's too easy to call for the manager to be sacked, but surely the players have to take responsibly. These players should be doing better than they are, regardless of who the manager is..

Maybe he should try actually being a decent man-manager, as that's what this squad are crying out for.

Its the kind of thing that the likes of Adkins & Brendan are sh't at. And why they struggle when things aren't going to their glorious plan

Froomes

by Froomes » 13 Dec 2014 18:29

semtex1871 I don't care who was in this role, they would not have done any better. Fact.

Your argument would hold more weight if Pearce hadn't won POTS under a different manager, thus clearly showing other managers can and have done better!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 13 Dec 2014 18:33

John Madejski's Wallet

It's too easy to call for the manager to be sacked, but surely the players have to take responsibly. These players should be doing better than they are, regardless of who the manager is..

Maybe he should try actually being a decent man-manager, as that's what this squad are crying out for.

Its the kind of thing that the likes of Adkins & Brendan are sh't at. And why they struggle when things aren't going to their glorious plan

That's strange. I'm sure that Adkins earned the reputation of being an excellent man-manager whilst at Scunthorpe and Southampton!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 13 Dec 2014 18:34

Froomes
semtex1871 I don't care who was in this role, they would not have done any better. Fact.

Your argument would hold more weight if Pearce hadn't won POTS under a different manager, thus clearly showing other managers can and have done better!

Or clearly showing that Pearce has had a severe drop off in form that any manager would struggle to turn around!

Could also be that Pearce was only able to perform so well/look so good because of who he had playing alongside him.

under the tin

by under the tin » 13 Dec 2014 18:39

Armadillo Roadkill He was bothered. He tried to not let it show, but at one point in his interview with Dellor his frustration leaked out.

I thought Rodgers was great choice. then at some point it became clear it wasn't working out, and it was time for change.

I was hugely enthusiastic and supportive of McDermott. Then it finally became clear it was time for a change.

It feels that way now. In both the above cases, and now, it's the same mistake being made time after time, and a failure to recognise that need for change that spells the end.

I remember being at Sixfields years ago when Pardew was being questioned. That day Kevin Watson and John Solako started as new guys, and the whole style of play and almost the whole philosophy changed with them. Pardew saw what was going wrong and took steps to fix it quickly. Adkins is in grave danger of going the same was as Rodgers and McDermott - if you won't change a losing formula you lose your job.

It would be great shame, because I like him: he's an honourable man with a great track record and I believe he's sincere. But today's performance and result must mean he is effectively a dead man walking with only the slightest chance of a reprieve.

^^^^ Absolutely this. AR is possibly a brother from another mother. I could have typed that myself :o :o
The only thing I would add is that the same pervasive feeling came over me when the tide began to turn against Charlie Hurley, years before Pardew.

Froomes

by Froomes » 13 Dec 2014 18:40

RoyalBlue
Froomes

Or clearly showing that Pearce has had a severe drop off in form that any manager would struggle to turn around!

Could also be that Pearce was only able to perform so well/look so good because of who he had playing alongside him.

True, but the more likely reason is Adkins inability to man manage, which would also explain the reason just about every single player has gone backwards under his leadership....

It's really not that hard to figure out, is it?

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 13 Dec 2014 18:57

philly Birmingham fan in peace,but I wanted to make a couple of points.

Under Lee Clark, we were shambolic.

With Gary Rowett as manager, we've earned 14 points from 7 games. We are far from relegation fodder under his leadership.

Perhaps the positive for you today, is that you've seen the potential impact of a new, good manager.

Philly

It's a shame Freddie Goodwin isn't still around.

I'd have him in in a second. (Australians would say 'in a heartbeat', but I'm not Australian.)

(Jim Smith and all. Glory days on the ole Spionkop.)

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Dec 2014 18:58

Fair play to RB and Semtex for being the first to front up to it. Unfortunately lads you just don't have a leg to stand on now.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 13 Dec 2014 19:08

Cooper can be blamed for four of them goals!

I have always championed Adkins, decent man, great track record but even for me, time has now come to say goodbye.

3 wins out of 15 is no blip. It's deep rooted.

Once decent players are now average.

Norwood first game looked amazing and has gone downhill.

Issues in team and most certainly defensively not addressed.

Whilst there are decent managers out there aka Clarke, Hughton we should pounce.

Thank you Nigel, but it's just not worked out for you here.

BAM

by BAM » 13 Dec 2014 19:10

I was resignedly somewhat philosophical during the actual disaster, but now I'm drunk and angry. I'm going to pay for a taxi to take me to the madstad and I'm going to do a poo in Adkin's parking space, put a little reading scarf around it and plant a little sign attached to a cocktail stick saying "FUKK OFF NIGE" in the crimped off bit. Then I'm going to McDonalds to have a hot chocolate. Anyone in?

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 13 Dec 2014 19:40

BAM I was resignedly somewhat philosophical during the actual disaster, but now I'm drunk and angry. I'm going to pay for a taxi to take me to the madstad and I'm going to do a poo in Adkin's parking space, put a little reading scarf around it and plant a little sign attached to a cocktail stick saying "FUKK OFF NIGE" in the crimped off bit. Then I'm going to McDonalds to have a hot chocolate. Anyone in?

No thanks. I don't really like McDonalds.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 13 Dec 2014 19:42

The club won't sack him as it means spending money. He'll be here long after he's taken us down. Mark my words.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 13 Dec 2014 19:45

Man Friday The club won't sack him as it means spending money. He'll be here long after he's taken us down. Mark my words.

If that is true it must be up to the fans to make his position untenable then, afterall the team are already doing their best to get him out!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 13 Dec 2014 20:23

John Madejski's Wallet

There are plenty of things Adkins could do differently.

Our defensive frailty stems from his tactics and selections. The lack of tempo and goal threat comes from his style of play and the way the players are instructed. Inconsistent performances come from inconsistent team selections and needless tinkering with the system and players used within them.

We've had a horrific run of injuries and that must be, at least in part, down to his fitness regime and use of his players.

The only thing that really defends his record is the ownership issues that must be such a destabilising influence on the whole club. For all his dignified silence I just don't think he's shown enough to now keep his job.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Dec 2014 20:31

Perhaps some of the players should stick to improving their own capabilities instead of putting their names on pub standard team sheets and coaching local teams - we pay your wages so WE are your first priority chums. And if you don't want to play for us, pay us up your contracts and bugger off :twisted:

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 13 Dec 2014 20:53

Whilst on the field, surely Adkins can see that the spineless Gunter hasn't got the balls to kick @rse and pull the team together. Having a 5 minute spat every game remonstrating with an official when everything is going wrong - a captain doth not make.

243 posts