214 posts
Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Chris Gunter

by Winston Smith » 22 Dec 2014 08:44

bcubed
Winston Smith seems to be a lot of glossing over of the dive going on here

What's the big deal?

The big deal is that diving spoils football and those guilty of it should be dealt with appropriately.

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 22 Dec 2014 09:47

Winston Smith
bcubed
Winston Smith seems to be a lot of glossing over of the dive going on here

What's the big deal?

The big deal is that diving spoils football and those guilty of it should be dealt with appropriately.

Shut the feck up Winston you sound like a fecking Jobsworth get out and buy some Xmas presents or go and have a good drink and get some of the festive spirit in your blood :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 22 Dec 2014 13:43

Was it a dive? I haven't seen any replays so I can't comment and I was at the far end in the UW. From there it looked a decent shout for a penalty and both Dellor and Gooding seemed to think so too (I, perhaps rashly, assumed they were commenting on an instant replay in the press box).
Anyway, having the pressure of the captaincy removed, and getting (even an unfit) McCleary in front of him looked to have transformed his game.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 22 Dec 2014 13:49

West Stand Man Was it a dive? I haven't seen any replays so I can't comment and I was at the far end in the UW. From there it looked a decent shout for a penalty and both Dellor and Gooding seemed to think so too (I, perhaps rashly, assumed they were commenting on an instant replay in the press box).
Anyway, having the pressure of the captaincy removed, and getting (even an unfit) McCleary in front of him looked to have transformed his game.

It was a comical dive, and i can't believe he actually made an appeal. I think the ref took pity on him and so didn't book him.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 22 Dec 2014 13:59

He's still owed a pen from Blackburn last year.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 22 Dec 2014 14:33

West Stand Man Was it a dive? I haven't seen any replays so I can't comment and I was at the far end in the UW. From there it looked a decent shout for a penalty and both Dellor and Gooding seemed to think so too (I, perhaps rashly, assumed they were commenting on an instant replay in the press box).

it was a dive, or, at least, a pretty poor attempt at a dive. What made it so frustrating was that it came at the end of some great wing play that could have ended up with a goal. It was quite pathetic and intensely frustrating to see one of our senior players behave like that. Gunter should be ashamed of himself. If we have a clear out next month, or in the Summer, to make way for new blood, he should be one of the first to be shown the door.

As for Dellor and Gooding missing it - no big deal there. If you have ever listened to their commentary whilst at the game you will know how many times they miss handballs, bookings, even substitutions!

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 22 Dec 2014 17:36

M Brook

it was a dive, or, at least, a pretty poor attempt at a dive. What made it so frustrating was that it came at the end of some great wing play that could have ended up with a goal. It was quite pathetic and intensely frustrating to see one of our senior players behave like that. Gunter should be ashamed of himself. If we have a clear out next month, or in the Summer, to make way for new blood, he should be one of the first to be shown the door.

As for Dellor and Gooding missing it - no big deal there. If you have ever listened to their commentary whilst at the game you will know how many times they miss handballs, bookings, even substitutions!

Funny the Ref never booked him if it was a Dive it all evens out some you get some you don't Gunts should have had a stone wall claim against Blackburn but it was not given and the ref publicly apologised, so I suggest you get over it and get off your self righteous soap box you moaning Pcunt

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 22 Dec 2014 17:44

joeroyal
M Brook

Funny the Ref never booked him if it was a Dive it all evens out some you get some you don't Gunts should have had a stone wall claim against Blackburn but it was not given and the ref publicly apologised, so I suggest you get over it and get off your self righteous soap box you moaning Pcunt

And the compliments of the season to you my friend!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Dec 2014 10:50

Sunderland, Wolves and Fulham all interested in him according to Sky Sports.

GH Royal

by GH Royal » 23 Dec 2014 10:54

If we can get £1.25mill+ for him I'd sell, Cummings and Kelly both solid RB's at this level and would give us funds to strengthen elsewhere.

JamesWN

by JamesWN » 23 Dec 2014 10:57

GH Royal If we can get £1.25mill+ for him I'd sell, Cummings and Kelly both solid RB's at this level and would give us funds to strengthen elsewhere.

Would be happy with anything above a million. As captain, he's really under performed. If he left, he could pave the way for Cummings who should at least have his chance given the Chelski link with Clarke.

Jinx

by Jinx » 23 Dec 2014 11:10

So now the manager has gone the miserable oxf*rd are going to start singling out individual players? oxf*rd me some of you lot need to get some happiness in your lives

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Dec 2014 11:24

Kelly is bang average. Cummings has probably had four or five good games in his Reading career. Gunts may have had a poor season, but he was runner up POTS last year. Hopefully now he's back on the right and behind his bezzie he'll find his form again. We'd be mad to sell him, unless we can't afford to renew his contract/he doesn't want to sign a new one.

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 23 Dec 2014 11:29

It would be madness to sell him. He's the only right back we have that is capable of making overlapping runs into the opponent's half. Needs to improve on his crossing and tackling, but still way better than the alternatives. He had his best game in ages on Saturday. Steve Clarke's style of play may well unlock his potential.

GH Royal

by GH Royal » 23 Dec 2014 11:32

Pepe the Horseman Kelly is bang average. Cummings has probably had four or five good games in his Reading career. Gunts may have had a poor season, but he was runner up POTS last year. Hopefully now he's back on the right and behind his bezzie he'll find his form again. We'd be mad to sell him, unless we can't afford to renew his contract/he doesn't want to sign a new one.

Not saying Gunter isn't our best RB by a long shot and I do rate him even though he's had a poor season so far. But we need cash to strengthen and we have 3 RB's which isn't necessary. Granted Kelly and Cummings aren't world beaters but they are solid enough for us to use in place of Gunter in a season of transition.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Dec 2014 11:36

Fair point, but would still leave us needing to sign a new RB in the summer.

JamesWN

by JamesWN » 23 Dec 2014 11:42

Pepe the Horseman Fair point, but would still leave us needing to sign a new RB in the summer.

What about Jure? :wink: It's been planned all along

GH Royal

by GH Royal » 23 Dec 2014 11:43

Pepe the Horseman Fair point, but would still leave us needing to sign a new RB in the summer.

We already know the budget is extremely tight this January, which is the only reason I would let him go. If we were in a good place with regards to available funds and league postion then obviously you wouldn't sell your best RB. I'd imagine we would be in a better position financially come the summer, especially once we flog some deadwood

All useless ramblings from me of course, I dont actually think it'll happen if I'm honest :lol:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 23 Dec 2014 13:38

Jinx So now the manager has gone the miserable oxf*rd are going to start singling out individual players? oxf*rd me some of you lot need to get some happiness in your lives

Reading supporter / happiness?

They are conflicting concepts.

Not good bedfellows.

Gilksy

by Gilksy » 23 Dec 2014 13:43

GH Royal If we can get £1.25mill+ for him I'd sell, Cummings and Kelly both solid RB's at this level and would give us funds to strengthen elsewhere.

Kelly has no pace, is forever pulling at shirts because he can't keep up with them, and is one of the higher earners. He needs to go first.

214 posts