Samuel to Coventry / Dominic Samuel Merged Threads

largetrousers
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Samuel to Coventry / Dominic Samuel Merged Threads

by largetrousers » 29 Jan 2015 11:14

Samuel has joined Coventry on loan for the next 3 months. Will be interesting to see if he can bang the goals in at that level
http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/dominic-samuel-coventry-city-reading-signing-2233636.aspx

jabharty

Dominic Samuel

by jabharty » 29 Jan 2015 11:16

Hi, Coventry fan in peace here.

We've just signed your young lad Dominic Samuel, thoughts? We're badly lacking pace and trickery, so does he bring any of this? I can't really find much on him.
Thanks!

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Samuel to Coventry / Dominic Samuel Merged Threads

by Angry Shed Sex » 29 Jan 2015 11:47

He's nowhere near our first team and we're in a relegation struggle.

This tells you all you need to know.

God I feel depressed.

Gilksy

by Gilksy » 29 Jan 2015 11:51

largetrousers Samuel has joined Coventry on loan for the next 3 months. Will be interesting to see if he can bang the goals in at that level
http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/dominic-samuel-coventry-city-reading-signing-2233636.aspx

Good loan move for the lad. Hope it's the making of him. We'll need the youth to make up the numbers again in the summer, so if he works hard, he should get a chance.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Jan 2015 12:13

I think there are big questions about his attitude, which have now probably moved on from being mere rumour and speculation.

His academy mentor is now assisting the first team staff and still Samuel didn't get a look in, which I think says a lot.

I'm also told that some of the things he posts on social media adds to the size of the question mark against him.

He may work out well for Coventry but I fear that might lead to a further deterioration in his attitude.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 29 Jan 2015 12:55

Its a shame about his attitude as I think he really has potential.A good move to
loan him out though.

fruits

by fruits » 29 Jan 2015 13:09

Good move for the player. No way was he going to be picked for the Royals. He is going into a team averaging a goal a game.
So it is not going to be easy for him to make a mark,if he is arrogant and has an attitude problem maybe a real struggle in a poor team
for a three month period could be the making of him. I am talking about Coventry being a poor team but suppose it could apply to the Royals as well.

He may be arrogant and have an attitude problem, hasn´t done Ronaldo any harm.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 29 Jan 2015 13:44

fruits Good move for the player. No way was he going to be picked for the Royals. He is going into a team averaging a goal a game.
So it is not going to be easy for him to make a mark,if he is arrogant and has an attitude problem maybe a real struggle in a poor team
for a three month period could be the making of him. I am talking about Coventry being a poor team but suppose it could apply to the Royals as well.

He may be arrogant and have an attitude problem, hasn´t done Ronaldo any harm.

But it has Drenthe.....

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Dominic Samuel

by SCIAG » 29 Jan 2015 15:00

jabharty Hi, Coventry fan in peace here.

We've just signed your young lad Dominic Samuel, thoughts? We're badly lacking pace and trickery, so does he bring any of this? I can't really find much on him.
Thanks!

He's quite quick. Think Darren Bent. Except not as good. Top scorer in the country at U18 level, which got a lot of us excited, but he's not pushed on since then. Occasionally he pulls something unexpected out of the hat but his close control isn't particularly good, he's just got an inventive brain.

In the U21s, he gets a lot of chances, so scores quite a few goals, but he misses quite a few sitters too. Not really clinical enough for a side lacking in creativity, though hopefully he steps up.

He's had a lot of bad luck with injuries whenever he's gone on loan, and they've also affected his development at the club. If he is a bit luckier and takes advantage of this opportunity then who knows.

He has several hundred posts on here as mambo3, mostly talking himself up and moaning about how Nigel Adkins couldn't spot a good player if he was training under him every week. It's hilariously transparent if you want to flick through his posts.

I'm guessing you'll have seen this already:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOBDhLlRMDY

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Jan 2015 15:04

That is a good goal, but the defending is fcuking appalling.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 29 Jan 2015 16:16

SCIAG

Thanks!

He's quite quick. Think Darren Bent. Except not as good. Top scorer in the country at U18 level, which got a lot of us excited, but he's not pushed on since then. Occasionally he pulls something unexpected out of the hat but his close control isn't particularly good, he's just got an inventive brain.

In the U21s, he gets a lot of chances, so scores quite a few goals, but he misses quite a few sitters too. Not really clinical enough for a side lacking in creativity, though hopefully he steps up.

He's had a lot of bad luck with injuries whenever he's gone on loan, and they've also affected his development at the club. If he is a bit luckier and takes advantage of this opportunity then who knows.

He has several hundred posts on here as mambo3, mostly talking himself up and moaning about how Nigel Adkins couldn't spot a good player if he was training under him every week. It's hilariously transparent if you want to flick through his posts.

I'm guessing you'll have seen this already:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOBDhLlRMDY

Cause I rate the lad highly doesn't make me him you oxf*rd arsehole and I was right about Nigel Adkins. Have you not got better things
to do then flick through my posts, is like so boring, we have a word for people like you.... maybe this is where you feel comfortable.

PS - Read what Reading FC have said and not what you interpret.

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 33667.aspx

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 29 Jan 2015 16:31

mambo3
Cause I rate the lad highly doesn't make me him you oxf*rd arsehole

You never post about anything except Dominic Samuel, the incompetence of Nigel Adkins, and the incompetence of our senior strikers, and you regularly make factual errors that play up Samuel's performances.

I rate Aaron Tshibola highly but I don't try to claim that Norwood is crap or overlook when Tish has a poor match or ignore every other youth player (though tbf you also talk up Gozie a fair bit). I also don't accuse people who prefer other players of being related to them, or being racist.
and I was right about Nigel Adkins.

You started off by saying you were pleased that he would be bringing through young players.

When he brought through Obita and not you, your tone shifted to "he only picks hard workers". When he started picking much younger players than you, you got super pissed and started knocking Tanner and Kuhl for their size.
Have you not got better things to do then flick through my posts, is like so boring, we have a word for people like you....

No. As said above, it was hilarious.
PS - Read what Reading FC have said and not what you interpret.

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 33667.aspx

RattLOLed.

Good luck on your loan Dom. Hopefully you prove McDermott, Adkins, Dolan and Clarke wrong, tear the place up and force your way into our side.

Is anyone else a bit worried how close Bogdan Vastsuk is to getting in the first team now? :shock:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 29 Jan 2015 16:32

Makes sense this move. Loan him out to League 1 to get the experience he needs when he's playing in that division for us next season. We'll have a more experienced striker signed by Monday night of course :!:

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 29 Jan 2015 16:38

I hope he has a good time and scores a hat full of goals on loan at Coventry.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 29 Jan 2015 17:06

2 Reading fans have said to me today "Never heard of him".

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 29 Jan 2015 18:27

I presume this means we're certain to bring in at least one striker this window.
Otherwise: a oxf*rd dreadful decision.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Jan 2015 20:21

Thanks!

He was quite a promising prospect but got a nasty injury and spent about a year out iirc. He's made a decent come back scoring a few in our U21s. I'm not too familiar with him because he was injured for the U21 games I saw last year, but I think he's reasonably pacey and skillful.

If SCIAG's right and he's mambo3 that's hilarious, mental and deeply worrying.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 29 Jan 2015 21:02

:| Of course mambo isn't Dom Samuel. It was a joke you daft git.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 29 Jan 2015 22:10

P!ssed Off :| Of course mambo isn't Dom Samuel. It was a joke you daft git.

I am 90% certain.

Check his oldest posts - 13 of the first 15 mention Samuel (though in his first two posts he misspells it in two different ways - covering his tracks?).

Then check his most recent posts. They're either talking up Samuel, talking down Murray, or insulting someone for talking up Cardwell.

Lots of little insights into Samuel's life, minor injuries, how long until he's fit, how many goals he scored in friendlies, what Adkins likes in training, and the inevitably that we will lose our unappreciated future England striker to a better side...

Ian says it is worrying if it is him, but I think it's much more worrying if it isn't Samuel - he's just totally obsessed with him. He claims that's because he's the next door neighbour of a different Academy player and has been watching Samuel since he was twoosh, which doesn't add up at all.

If mambo isn't Samuel then I look like a right twat now :lol: but I don't think any other explanation makes sense.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 29 Jan 2015 22:25

Seems like you're the one with the obsession tbf.