Re: Unbelievable

by Rea Ding » 08 Mar 2015 00:37

Very much doubt there was any bad intentions
Shame we didn't score as that would of been a better time to use it

Soul Man

by Soul Man » 08 Mar 2015 00:41

bradfordbantam
Royal Ginger He's using that as an example of something that wouldn't have been acceptable, no piss being taken.

Touchy subject and not appropriate, maybe being so close to it I view it differently

Maybe just a thought you would be better off letting us comment about the game from a reading bias :wink:

bradfordbantam

by bradfordbantam » 08 Mar 2015 00:45

Soul Man
bradfordbantam
Royal Ginger He's using that as an example of something that wouldn't have been acceptable, no piss being taken.

Touchy subject and not appropriate, maybe being so close to it I view it differently

Maybe just a thought you would be better off letting us comment about the game from a reading bias :wink:

I didn't realise we were talking about the game, the thread was about the flare, always best to read the start of the thread to see what the subject is...... :idea:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 Mar 2015 01:03

@bradfordbantam, don't pay attention to anything Lacoste says, he is the board's resident bellend, apart from Kes.

bradfordbantam

by bradfordbantam » 08 Mar 2015 08:37

genome @bradfordbantam, don't pay attention to anything Lacoste says, he is the board's resident bellend, apart from Kes.

Ah I see! We have our very own on the Claret and Banter forum, well actually.....we have a few! :D

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 08 Mar 2015 10:12

The only thing unbelievable here is this thread. Assuming the flare wasn't some weird sadistic allusion to a stadium fire (who the oxf*rd even thinks like that), then what exactly is the issue with someone setting off a flare? No one got hurt and added to the atmosphere for me.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 08 Mar 2015 10:15

There was two Simultaneous flares in completely different parts of the ground. It wasn't gonna do any harm

bradfordbantam

by bradfordbantam » 08 Mar 2015 10:20

moo There was two Simultaneous flares in completely different parts of the ground. It wasn't gonna do any harm

I agree that it wouldn't do any harm but it's just a bit thick to do it in our stadium. Even the sight of smoke can trigger horrific memories. I'm positive that whoever did it just didn't think about that though. In fairness, I don't think any Bradford fans have read too much into it

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Mar 2015 10:27

Shouldn't have happened, those thinking it didn't matter need to take a look at themselves. How on earth it 'added to the atmosphere' I have no idea. It didn't when some kiddie let one off at Cardiff, it didn't yesterday.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Mar 2015 10:28

Thanks for that Captain serious.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Mar 2015 10:39

Jagermesiter1871 The only thing unbelievable here is this thread. Assuming the flare wasn't some weird sadistic allusion to a stadium fire (who the oxf*rd even thinks like that), then what exactly is the issue with someone setting off a flare? No one got hurt and added to the atmosphere for me.

Basically you've got to be a bit of a thick classless chav to let off a flare at any football game in England. Doubly so if you support Reading. If you do it at Valley Parade 30 years after a stadium fire where lots of people died double it again. If you do it for a substitution of an old unfit striker, double it again.

I'm surprised the idiot could find his way to the ground and operate the flare at all given the level of retardation involved in deciding to do it.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Mar 2015 10:56

Whilst I think flares are stupid and quite embarrassing the overreaction on here is ridiculous. But then the likes Ian Royal and Nameless thrive on lecturing people so something like this is great for them.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Mar 2015 11:08

sandman Whilst I think flares are stupid and quite embarrassing the overreaction on here is ridiculous. But then the likes Ian Royal and Nameless thrive on lecturing people so something like this is great for them.

Thanks for the lecture !
I'm not sure saying something like that is stupid is an over reaction, it's what you said as well !

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 08 Mar 2015 11:22

On a (slightly) related note, the over reaction from the media etc about the Villa fans doing a pitch invasion is laughable. Nobody got hurt and it was a celebration rather than a riot

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Mar 2015 11:29

TBM On a (slightly) related note, the over reaction from the media etc about the Villa fans doing a pitch invasion is laughable. Nobody got hurt and it was a celebration rather than a riot

The biggest over reaction was from the Villa fans.

Heaven help we ever had a pitch invasion over something as trivial.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 08 Mar 2015 11:37

TBM On a (slightly) related note, the over reaction from the media etc about the Villa fans doing a pitch invasion is laughable. Nobody got hurt and it was a celebration rather than a riot

Perhaps the TV companies will stop dictating KO times. Must have been a nightmare for the West Midlands police yesterday.

Putting away fans above home fans in a stand is dangerous. A seat could kill someone. Sheff Utd springs to mind some years back. At least it wasnt seats that night.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 08 Mar 2015 13:25

Jagermesiter1871 The only thing unbelievable here is this thread. Assuming the flare wasn't some weird sadistic allusion to a stadium fire (who the oxf*rd even thinks like that), then what exactly is the issue with someone setting off a flare? No one got hurt and added to the atmosphere for me.

Did it? Seriously? Almost everyone around me looked over to see what was happening, and then went back to doing exactly the same thing, except they were now watching through a cyan filter. If you want atmosphere then chant 'til you can't; Bradford managed it pretty well without having to resort to artificial enhancements.

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 08 Mar 2015 13:35

paultheroyal Here he is!

How can we expect this man to be captain when he even put his undies on inside out!

Moonfish

by Moonfish » 08 Mar 2015 13:45

I think running on during the game was completely unnaceptable, and probably took the edge off what should have been a momentus occasion.

Running on at the end I'm a bit more comfortable with, however I wouldn't fancy being any of the players being engulfed by fans and pushed around like a puppet. Plus this is a quarter final, not the end of a promotion season, or an FA cup giant killing, there is a time and a place.

That said I clearly would not want to see similar scenes at Madejski Stadium during our replay, the celebrations should stay in the stands (especially with our shitty pitch needing all the protection it can get!).

Perhaps Reading & Bradford should make a statement now prior to the game, if you are caught on the pitch you will be banned from the stadium, and from purchasing tickets from the club for any subsequent games at Wembley, that should keep the riff raff in check! :wink:

arthurfondrelli

by arthurfondrelli » 08 Mar 2015 13:53

Pitch invasions should be saved for when you narrowly miss out on the play-offs in the dying moments.