MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Unbelievable

by MmmMonsterMunch » 09 Mar 2015 22:35

I know bless 'em

bradfordbantam

by bradfordbantam » 09 Mar 2015 22:36

Royal Ginger Look at the friendly reactions. Are Bradford fans potentially the nicest in the football league?

Yes we quite possibly are! As long as you understand our Northern sarcastic sense of humour you will get on with us just fine!!

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 09 Mar 2015 22:39

"By way of an update, my banner is ready. It reads "Reading fc against flares at grounds". I will be holding it aloft towards the Bradford fans for the whole game as a show of solidarity.

I have also ordered a Bradford shirt and will be cutting it in half and making a half Reading and half Bradford shirt. On the back it will read BRADFORD and RFC TOGETHER AGAINST FLARES"

:lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Mar 2015 22:40

MmmMonsterMunch "By way of an update, my banner is ready. It reads "Reading fc against flares at grounds". I will be holding it aloft towards the Bradford fans for the whole game as a show of solidarity.

I have also ordered a Bradford shirt and will be cutting it in half and making a half Reading and half Bradford shirt. On the back it will read BRADFORD and RFC TOGETHER AGAINST FLARES"

:lol:

ALOL

Davezk

by Davezk » 09 Mar 2015 22:47

#justiceforflares #prayforflares

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 09 Mar 2015 23:19

Jagermesiter1871 The only thing unbelievable here is this thread. Assuming the flare wasn't some weird sadistic allusion to a stadium fire (who the oxf*rd even thinks like that), then what exactly is the issue with someone setting off a flare? No one got hurt and added to the atmosphere for me.

Agree with this to be fair. Massive overreaction. Would have been cool if there were some pictures of us fans in with the blue smoke.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 10 Mar 2015 00:33

Nameless Shouldn't have happened, those thinking it didn't matter need to take a look at themselves. How on earth it 'added to the atmosphere' I have no idea. It didn't when some kiddie let one off at Cardiff, it didn't yesterday.

Presumably the fact that flares are relatively popular in countries where they aren't prohibited suggests some people do indeed think they add something to the atmosphere. Just because you personally aren't a fan, doesn't mean anyone who are is an imbecile. Your passive aggressive undertone suggests a level of a narcissism.
Last edited by Jagermesiter1871 on 10 Mar 2015 00:36, edited 1 time in total.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 10 Mar 2015 00:35

Ian Royal
Jagermesiter1871 The only thing unbelievable here is this thread. Assuming the flare wasn't some weird sadistic allusion to a stadium fire (who the oxf*rd even thinks like that), then what exactly is the issue with someone setting off a flare? No one got hurt and added to the atmosphere for me.

Basically you've got to be a bit of a thick classless chav to let off a flare at any football game in England. Doubly so if you support Reading. If you do it at Valley Parade 30 years after a stadium fire where lots of people died double it again. If you do it for a substitution of an old unfit striker, double it again.

I'm surprised the idiot could find his way to the ground and operate the flare at all given the level of retardation involved in deciding to do it.

Brilliant generalisation on the archetype of flare starters.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Mar 2015 06:48

Jagermesiter1871
Nameless Shouldn't have happened, those thinking it didn't matter need to take a look at themselves. How on earth it 'added to the atmosphere' I have no idea. It didn't when some kiddie let one off at Cardiff, it didn't yesterday.

Presumably the fact that flares are relatively popular in countries where they aren't prohibited suggests some people do indeed think they add something to the atmosphere. Just because you personally aren't a fan, doesn't mean anyone who are is an imbecile. Your passive aggressive undertone suggests a level of a narcissism.

I'm guessing the edit was needed to get the spelling of the big words right :lol:

Lots of people don't think kids letting of flares/smoke bombs does much for the atmosphere. But the sort of people who do let them off don't seem to care much about other people. Imbecile is a bit strong. Self obsessed, insensitive, immature, attention seeking maybe ? If it's your sort of thing then fair enough but be big enough to accept other people don't think it is funny, especially in the one place it was definitely inappropriate .

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 10 Mar 2015 08:16

Nameless
Jagermesiter1871

I'm guessing the edit was needed to get the spelling of the big words right :lol:

Lots of people don't think kids letting of flares/smoke bombs does much for the atmosphere. But the sort of people who do let them off don't seem to care much about other people. Imbecile is a bit strong. Self obsessed, insensitive, immature, attention seeking maybe ? If it's your sort of thing then fair enough but be big enough to accept other people don't think it is funny, especially in the one place it was definitely inappropriate .

Couple of edits for you there.

I fully accept not everyone appreciates it but I'm not making sweeping generalisations and suggesting those who's opinion differs from mine are morons or need to rethink their outlooks. I personally wouldn't be inclined either to set a flare off but I can see the appeal and don't have an issue with it. It seems that chanting and swearing aren't liked by all supporters either, so presumably you think they should also be banned as they could detract from someone's match day experience?

old woman

by old woman » 10 Mar 2015 08:42

If the flare was such a good idea, why did the bloke with it drop it on the floor like a toddler caught with a biscuit he shouldn't have ?
Bloody thing ended up under my seat leaving a blue stain on the ground.
Alas there seemed to be too many idiots in our crowd on Saturday.
Huddersfield was cold but at least everyone there was there to watch the game.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Mar 2015 09:00

Jagermesiter1871 I fully accept not everyone appreciates it but I'm not making sweeping generalisations and suggesting those who's opinion differs from mine are morons or need to rethink their outlooks. I personally wouldn't be inclined either to set a flare off but I can see the appeal and don't have an issue with it. It seems that chanting and swearing aren't liked by all supporters either, so presumably you think they should also be banned as they could detract from someone's match day experience?

I've not called anyone a moron or imbecile.
I certainly think anyone who thought letting a smoke bomb off at a ground where over 50 people died in a fire needs to have a long think about whether it was the smartest thing they have done.
Chanting and swearing have not led to any deaths at the ground, so your attempt to distract from the point doesn't really work.
The concept that flares are popular in other countries is interesting. Lots of things are popular overseas, but not really acceptable here. And to be honest the people I have seen setting off flares have generally looked pretty sheepish afterwards, trying to distance themselves from the device and hoping not to get caught. Embarrassed giggling rather than a San Siro style fan fest seems the order of the day. Hardly worth it really.....

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 10 Mar 2015 18:35

Shows what a shit family club we are if a flare creates this fuss

Doesn't look like the Bradford fans give a flying one.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 10 Mar 2015 18:39

Whatevs

I like the Bradford City doctors wig. :lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Mar 2015 19:24

Lol @ "you wouldn't find it funny if you had to pick your mum's hips off the M4" :lol: :lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Mar 2015 19:25

Who is it? My guess is Scutts!

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 10 Mar 2015 20:06

Lacoste Shows what a shit family club we are if a flare creates this fuss

Doesn't look like the Bradford fans give a flying one.

I'm certain I heard some booing when it started off, although that might've been something happening on the pitch - I wasn't watching

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 10 Mar 2015 20:31

Royal Lady Who is it? My guess is Scutts!

Pretending to be IR you mean?

Nope, not me.

ParkySpecialOne

by ParkySpecialOne » 10 Mar 2015 20:34

I, like many City fans I know don't/wont get into debate about the smoke bomb.

However, something that is very close to all hearts is the Bradford Burns unit, which is a burns research unit at Bradford Uni. Locally there are many contributions from sponsored events etc.

If any of you Royals are feeling flush, why not donate a few quid. I've put a link below (which I hope works) to a justgiving page for our local radio station which is raising money for the 30th anniversary.

https://www.justgiving.com/rememberthe56/

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 10 Mar 2015 20:38

A fitting tribute to Tommy. I'll donate.