BFTG - Bradford City

163 posts
bradfordbantam

Re: BFTG - Bradford City

by bradfordbantam » 17 Mar 2015 10:32

Congrats from a Bradford fan. We are disappointed that we didn't show up, we would have liked to have at least made a game of it. That said we are immensely proud of our boys. The cup run money is very much needed and hopefully will spur us on in the League. I've seen mention of chants about the fire - load of rubbish. People obviously don't understand the "is there a fire drill" chant and are being way too touchy and looking for a problem where there isn't one. Your 12 year old thugs ( I use that term very loosely indeed!!) were entertaining and gave us all a much needed laugh. I thought our fans were in good spirits (considering!!) and even on the 5 hour journey home were relatively upbeat. I love our club and I love the attitude of our fans. I think we must be nuts but we've had a good run, you were by far the better side last night and best of luck against Arsenal. Do us a favour though and make more noise in the semi's we don't want to have to come down there and do it for you!! :D

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 17 Mar 2015 10:33

Pepe the Horseman ALOL at Ski Sunday.

Yeah i couldn't work this one out....

It seems the music guy was a frustrated kids party DJ :lol:

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 17 Mar 2015 10:35

bradfordbantam Congrats from a Bradford fan. We are disappointed that we didn't show up, we would have liked to have at least made a game of it. That said we are immensely proud of our boys. The cup run money is very much needed and hopefully will spur us on in the League. I've seen mention of chants about the fire - load of rubbish. People obviously don't understand the "is there a fire drill" chant and are being way too touchy and looking for a problem where there isn't one. Your 12 year old thugs ( I use that term very loosely indeed!!) were entertaining and gave us all a much needed laugh. I thought our fans were in good spirits (considering!!) and even on the 5 hour journey home were relatively upbeat. I love our club and I love the attitude of our fans. I think we must be nuts but we've had a good run, you were by far the better side last night and best of luck against Arsenal. Do us a favour though and make more noise in the semi's we don't want to have to come down there and do it for you!! :D

Ta :D

Wonder if those offended are day trippers who don't travel away that much?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 17 Mar 2015 10:43

A very good performance last night, it would've been very interesting to see how things would've gone without the early goals. As it was it was pretty comfortable and in a way that's a shame for the actual occasion but I'm certainly not complaining!

As others have said I thought everyone played well, although I'd agree Obita looked the weakest link, although I think he looked more confident and therefore better going forward than he has for a lot of the season. That might just have been a result of Robson-Kanu's improved performance and his freedom to drift inside (probably a result of Bradfords pretty narrow midfield).

Mackie has shown in the last few weeks what he is capable off and he's in a great run of form, perhaps enough to earn him a deal for next season, and his pace and willingness to run makes him a good foil for Pogrebnyak's natural game and probably for Cox too.

Big credit to Chalobah for his performance last night. He often looks like he's coasting through games but he looked like a man with something to prove last night. If he played with that intensity every week he'd look a much better player but, as Clarke said, he's destined for bigger things than Reading so perhaps he believes it too.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 17 Mar 2015 10:51

Libertine
Ian Royal
PieEater Just seen the replay and I agree. It looked harsh at the time - we are all thinking it was a yellow, but the replay showed a kung fu kick straight into Chabolah and nowhere near the ball.

I called red instantly... just went straight into him.

On tv you could see the ref reaching for his yellow card at first, but changed his mind, and rightly so, and flashed the red...

I thought it was harsh at first until I saw the replay.
The Secret Footballer (who was presumably cheering on his old club) posted the clip on twitter and said it's an example of how players badgering the ref can get a card changed from yellow to red, When someone pointed out that the ref changed his mind after speaking on his mike/earpiece to the linesman, he agreed, but said he only did that after the players asked him too.

bradfordbantam

by bradfordbantam » 17 Mar 2015 10:56

ZacNaloen
bradfordbantam Congrats from a Bradford fan. We are disappointed that we didn't show up, we would have liked to have at least made a game of it. That said we are immensely proud of our boys. The cup run money is very much needed and hopefully will spur us on in the League. I've seen mention of chants about the fire - load of rubbish. People obviously don't understand the "is there a fire drill" chant and are being way too touchy and looking for a problem where there isn't one. Your 12 year old thugs ( I use that term very loosely indeed!!) were entertaining and gave us all a much needed laugh. I thought our fans were in good spirits (considering!!) and even on the 5 hour journey home were relatively upbeat. I love our club and I love the attitude of our fans. I think we must be nuts but we've had a good run, you were by far the better side last night and best of luck against Arsenal. Do us a favour though and make more noise in the semi's we don't want to have to come down there and do it for you!! :D

Possibly, although a 10 hours round trip on a Monday night would be a strange choice for a one off away game, but who knows! I don't think anyone is actually offended. Some numpty has picked up on it and made issue of it, then people have jumped on the bandwagon and probably weren't even there. We can give as good as we get, we are hardly choir boys but I thought we brought the noise last night and at least kept the spirit of the cup alive. It's hard to tell when in away end whether we are as loud as we think we are though, not sure whether the noise actually carries

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 Mar 2015 11:00

bradfordbantam
ZacNaloen

Possibly, although a 10 hours round trip on a Monday night would be a strange choice for a one off away game, but who knows! I don't think anyone is actually offended. Some numpty has picked up on it and made issue of it, then people have jumped on the bandwagon and probably weren't even there. We can give as good as we get, we are hardly choir boys but I thought we brought the noise last night and at least kept the spirit of the cup alive. It's hard to tell when in away end whether we are as loud as we think we are though, not sure whether the noise actually carries

No, the Bradford fans were very loud, definitely compared to other away fans I've heard at the Madejski, think you need to get a few more songs, what was that one song you sang like 2/3 of the time? I don't know how our fans sounded to you guys but we were definitely the loudest I've heard this season.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 17 Mar 2015 11:01

Not as well as at your ground I can tell you that. seems to escape out the back of the stands. They really should put some sound proofing back there to reflect it back in.

You were as loud as anyone who comes and fills that end. But that's from the opposite end of the stadium.

From where I was we sounded loud too but as I said, the sound does not carry well in the Madejski.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Mar 2015 11:05

That game was absolutely brilliant from start to finish - the way we passed the ball around as if we were Arsenal or something for the last quarter of an hour or so was just great. If only we could play like that every game - I think Clark should know his team (barring injuries) for the rest of the season there. Couldn't hear the goal music properly on the TV, which was good! Reading fans sounded loud through most of the game. The idiots with the smoke bombs should be banned - how can they get past stewards, when I have to continually open my tiny little handbag every game, which can only hold a packet of fags and a mobile phone, is beyond me. The bloke on the pitch holding up the game didn't get any airtime on TV, they didn't show him. He was a right tit if you ask me.

On to Wemberlee and if we can play like we did last night, with 30,000+ fans cheering them on, on the biggest stage, then I can see us at least giving Arsenal a game and not being turned over by them. Who knows, we might even win it and then play Liverpool in the final and beat Brendan Rodgers who will need a new book of tactics. :lol:

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 17 Mar 2015 11:07

Fair fooks to the Bradford support. Noisy throughout despite the obvious disappointment (and yes bradfordbantam it does carry well from the South stand). I didn't hear a mention of any fire chant (fire drill or otherwise) on the night.

Bit gutted that due to the traffic on the A33 that we only managed to get in 15 minutes after kick off and missed the first two goals, but at least we saw the bulk of the game and the third goal.

As for the Reading support, pretty good from where I sit (behind the wall in Y25), the usual two groups of fans up at the back were in good voice which gets the lower part of the stand going. I didn't mind some of the stuff the club put on last night, but I think the air raid siren is more counter productive as it's so loud it's drowns out any noise that we try to make just as the players come out - especially as it goes on for a fair while too. I think Sweet Caroline is already a bit over played as well, trying to make it a club anthem is fine, but that doesn't mean it needs to be on at every single opportunity.

The bloke doing tumbles on the pitch was pretty funny, although obviously still an idiot for doing it in the first place.

The teenagers who ran on the pitch at the end was pretty pathetic, but I don't think the club helped matters by trying to get everyone off and then saying that the players wouldn't be coming out just generally annoying everyone. The phone in on Talkshite last night was all about the pitch invasion and less about the game itself which was a bit disappointing.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 17 Mar 2015 11:11

Royal Lady The idiots with the smoke bombs should be banned - how can they get past stewards, when I have to continually open my tiny little handbag every game, which can only hold a packet of fags and a mobile phone, is beyond me.

The lad carrying the blue smoke bomb/flare couldn't have been more than 12 or 13 I wouldn't have thought. There was one let off after the third goal too, so at least two got in.

bradfordbantam

by bradfordbantam » 17 Mar 2015 11:18

Wonder if those offended are day trippers who don't travel away that much?[/quote]
Possibly, although a 10 hours round trip on a Monday night would be a strange choice for a one off away game, but who knows! I don't think anyone is actually offended. Some numpty has picked up on it and made issue of it, then people have jumped on the bandwagon and probably weren't even there. We can give as good as we get, we are hardly choir boys but I thought we brought the noise last night and at least kept the spirit of the cup alive. It's hard to tell when in away end whether we are as loud as we think we are though, not sure whether the noise actually carries[/quote]
No, the Bradford fans were very loud, definitely compared to other away fans I've heard at the Madejski, think you need to get a few more songs, what was that one song you sang like 2/3 of the time? I don't know how our fans sounded to you guys but we were definitely the loudest I've heard this season.[/quote]
Good at 3 nil down, with 10 men on a rainy Monday night, with a 5 hour journey home and work in the morning I think we made more noise than could be expected, your fans in the corner next to ours sounded to be getting stuck in but other than that I thought there would be a bit more of a party atmosphere from you. We would have been doing the conga. I'm not even joking, we have been known to! It might be the Northern working class thing but you guys need to lift the roof for the semi's its a massive occasion. Football wise you played us off the park we can play better than that, we just didn't show up. But going 2 nil down within 10 mins away from home has a way of knocking the stuffing out of ya!

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 17 Mar 2015 11:23

We are just a little be too middle class to really let loose at a football match. Stiff upper lip and all that, chap.

bradfordbantam

by bradfordbantam » 17 Mar 2015 11:27

ZacNaloen We are just a little be too middle class to really let loose at a football match. Stiff upper lip and all that, chap.

:D :lol:

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 17 Mar 2015 11:35

Wembley is not exactly a good place to make a noise.

Sorry to hear about the ticketing shambles for Bradford fans, the club decided to send the tickets down on a coach - which was late - and all the fans had to wait in the rain to get their ticket. I'd have been livid if that was me.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 17 Mar 2015 11:41

bradfordbantam Good at 3 nil down, with 10 men on a rainy Monday night, with a 5 hour journey home and work in the morning I think we made more noise than could be expected, your fans in the corner next to ours sounded to be getting stuck in but other than that I thought there would be a bit more of a party atmosphere from you. We would have been doing the conga. I'm not even joking, we have been known to! It might be the Northern working class thing but you guys need to lift the roof for the semi's its a massive occasion. Football wise you played us off the park we can play better than that, we just didn't show up. But going 2 nil down within 10 mins away from home has a way of knocking the stuffing out of ya!

Away fans in being more up for it than home fans shocker. Same reason Valley Parade was so quiet in the first leg.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 17 Mar 2015 11:43

Maguire
bradfordbantam Good at 3 nil down, with 10 men on a rainy Monday night, with a 5 hour journey home and work in the morning I think we made more noise than could be expected, your fans in the corner next to ours sounded to be getting stuck in but other than that I thought there would be a bit more of a party atmosphere from you. We would have been doing the conga. I'm not even joking, we have been known to! It might be the Northern working class thing but you guys need to lift the roof for the semi's its a massive occasion. Football wise you played us off the park we can play better than that, we just didn't show up. But going 2 nil down within 10 mins away from home has a way of knocking the stuffing out of ya!

Away fans in being more up for it than home fans shocker. Same reason Valley Parade was so quiet in the first leg.

Plus the fact the game was won after 10mins so we all got bored waiting for the full time whistle

Seasideman

by Seasideman » 17 Mar 2015 11:45

Bradford City fan here: well done on your victory last night and it was well earned. We were not in it and you well deserved to go through to the semi-final. I think Arsenal will be a bit tough but I hope you stick it up them, several times if possible. :D :D I am not sure what Morais was trying to do but despite him being one of my favourite players I agree that he should have been sent off.

all the best,

Seasideman

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 17 Mar 2015 11:46

Bradford looked exhausted from the get go; and when the opposition is a yard slower all game there should only be one outcome. I think the performance flattered us, tbh, as one of the key factors was our ability to send the B team to our nearest away game (In terms of time to get to) on the Saturday. Kudos to the manager for that team selection, although, in fairness, RoyalBlue aside, its a decision we all would have made. Might have been a closer game if the fixture hadnt been so ludicrously arranged.

Im still not convinced that we have any sort of quality to hold our own in the semi-final. When HRK is clearly your best player, you do have to ask questions about the rest of the squad. Did like Mackie running after everything and anything, though.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 17 Mar 2015 12:01

Dr_Hfuhruhurr Bradford looked exhausted from the get go; and when the opposition is a yard slower all game there should only be one outcome.
Did Bradford rest their entire first team squad for their previous league game like we did? If no, that's the reason.

163 posts