Chants about the fire?

186 posts
OldBiscuit

Re: Chants about the fire?

by OldBiscuit » 17 Mar 2015 10:45

Prior to the game, just in front of the main entrance, a group of chanting Bradford fans got quite aggressive, singing the Readings a shithole song before abusing home fans with 'you Southern oxf*rd' etc. with a man of about 60 being the leader. Shame really, especially after the hype of the friendly atmosphere at Valley Parade.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 17 Mar 2015 10:51

OldBiscuit Prior to the game, just in front of the main entrance, a group of chanting Bradford fans got quite aggressive, singing the Readings a shithole song before abusing home fans with 'you Southern oxf*rd' etc. with a man of about 60 being the leader. Shame really, especially after the hype of the friendly atmosphere at Valley Parade.

:roll: oxf*rd hell! this is what's wrong with our fans, do you wear a fleece to games?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 17 Mar 2015 10:54

WoodleyRoyal
OldBiscuit Prior to the game, just in front of the main entrance, a group of chanting Bradford fans got quite aggressive, singing the Readings a shithole song before abusing home fans with 'you Southern oxf*rd' etc. with a man of about 60 being the leader. Shame really, especially after the hype of the friendly atmosphere at Valley Parade.

:roll: oxf*rd hell! this is what's wrong with our fans, do you wear a fleece to games?

Harsh. I've been known to wear three if it's particularly cold.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 17 Mar 2015 10:56

well what do you expect. We have become so middle class it makes me sick, a few oppo fans singing and calling us a bunch of cnuts is what football is about. oxf*rd OFF WITH THE FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 17 Mar 2015 11:04

Maguire Find it very hard to believe Reading fans would sing about the Bradford fire - not heard anything like that from them in 25 years of going to games.

That's because it didn't happen. Sore fans inventing something to bitch about. Its probably kes who started the rumour tbh :lol:

Ftr, pretty awful of Bradford to make shit like that up.

Chelsea/Royal

by Chelsea/Royal » 17 Mar 2015 11:21

They are just pissed off cos they got hammered by a better team. How that lot beat Chelsea and Sunderland is beyond me.

I hope they get promoted, it will be 6 points in the bag.

There was no reference to the fire, the chant was the standard one as their fans sneaked off early.

By the way how people who live in a genuine shithole could refer to Reading as a shithole is a bit rich.

It's a shame about the sour grapes as the Bradford lads I spoke to on the way to the ground seemed very nice.

bradfordbantam

by bradfordbantam » 17 Mar 2015 11:23

Extended-Phenotype
Maguire Find it very hard to believe Reading fans would sing about the Bradford fire - not heard anything like that from them in 25 years of going to games.

That's because it didn't happen. Sore fans inventing something to bitch about. Its probably kes who started the rumour tbh :lol:

I think (I was at the game) someone has taken offence to "is there a fire drill" they obviously don't go to enough games to realise that its a standard insult although at Bradford we use "we can see you sneaking out" for obvious reasons. We aren't going to chant "is there a fire drill" at valley parade! They are getting themselves all offended and worked up over nothing and offence was not taken by the crowd in general as we go to enough games to know what was actually meant by it. Your schoolboy goaders at the end were the highlight for me, bless them!

bradfordbantam

by bradfordbantam » 17 Mar 2015 11:26

Chelsea/Royal They are just pissed off cos they got hammered by a better team. How that lot beat Chelsea and Sunderland is beyond me.

There was no reference to the fire, the chant was the standard one as their fans sneaked off early.

By the way how people who live in a genuine shithole could refer to Reading as a shithole is a bit rich.

It's a shame about the sour grapes as the Bradford lads I spoke to on the way to the ground seemed very nice.

Don't take the opinion of one or two and let it influence your view of a whole club. You thoroughly deserved the win our lads didn't show up, we can obviously play better than that, but didn't. I think the shithole thing might have been Northern sarcastic humour..........it's not meant to be taken literally. Bradford is a hole of a place. The people there though are proper football fans with passion

Chelsea/Royal

by Chelsea/Royal » 17 Mar 2015 11:33

bradfordbantam
Chelsea/Royal They are just pissed off cos they got hammered by a better team. How that lot beat Chelsea and Sunderland is beyond me.

Don't take the opinion of one or two and let it influence your view of a whole club. You thoroughly deserved the win our lads didn't show up, we can obviously play better than that, but didn't. I think the shithole thing might have been Northern sarcastic humour..........it's not meant to be taken literally. Bradford is a hole of a place. The people there though are proper football fans with passion

I was mortified by the twat who thought it was a good idea to lob a smoke bomb into your fans on national telly. Did he think no one would notice?

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 17 Mar 2015 11:39

I think Parky summed it up well. You played a tough game at the weekend and didn't have the legs we had. I think that was the difference. All of our players had 6 days to prepare due to the rest on Saturday. Obviously at the time i didn't see any wrong doing by chants or otherwise, but in hindsight, i think it might've been better to chant, we can see you sneaking out instead. The smoke bomb i've just seen on YouTube is a disgrace though.

Good luck for the rest of the season, and hope to play you again next season.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 17 Mar 2015 11:44

It was obvious who it was from the BBC coverage, On Iplayer at 02.08.15 you can see a close up of him picking the flare up, then they cut to a wider shot and 8 seconds later at 02.08.23 you see a trail of blue smoke appear in the direction of the Bradford fans. Not clever.

Also, singing 'Is there a fire drill' was pretty crass, but I doubt there was any specific intention to refer to the Bradford Fire.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Mar 2015 11:52

Pepe the Horseman That guy in the red jacket was screaming at McLeary/linesman/fans for about five mins. Then I saw the lino have a word with the fourth official, who then called the stewards over. Sounds like it was actually the guy behind him that shouted the racial abuse though.

No way did our fans sing anything about the fire. But it did make me laugh all the kids giving it the biggun to the Bradford fans when they had a wall of riot police in between them. They'd have shat themselves if any of the Bradford fans had've got through.

was saying to my mate that the police should just open up and let em through. that would have learned him

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Mar 2015 11:55

Winchester Royal It was obvious who it was from the BBC coverage, On Iplayer at 02.08.15 you can see a close up of him picking the flare up, then they cut to a wider shot and 8 seconds later at 02.08.23 you see a trail of blue smoke appear in the direction of the Bradford fans. Not clever.

Also, singing 'Is there a fire drill' was pretty crass, but I doubt there was any specific intention to refer to the Bradford Fire.

I think flare and song would probably have been started with that intention by one or two, then joined in with/cheered by others unthinkingly.
I like to think people are all generally decent, but I also aknowledge that some people aren't, and that football can bring out the worst in them.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 17 Mar 2015 12:02

Extended-Phenotype

I'll say it again for your benefit. I want Reading to win the FA Cup. :lol:

But let's get back to the issue of the flare being thrown. Highly dangerous and very insensitive towards the Bradford fans. And Bradford fans making a mockery about being the victims when many of their fans were idiotic too. I recall Liverpool fans making up the rumour of Chelsea fans spitting on the Hillsborough memorial last season when it didn't happen. They were bitter they got beaten.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 17 Mar 2015 12:06

Enjoy your ban :lol: :lol: :lol:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 17 Mar 2015 12:09

LWJ

So is that a flare or a smoke bomb?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 17 Mar 2015 12:11

Smoke grenade

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 17 Mar 2015 12:13

TBM
LWJ

So is that a flare or a smoke bomb?

smoke bomb

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 17 Mar 2015 12:14

Tbf it can't be that dangerous if you can just walk around holding it. It's not like his arm is on fire or anything.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 17 Mar 2015 12:16

Norfolk Royal Tbf it can't be that dangerous if you can just walk around holding it. It's not like his arm is on fire or anything.

Dangerous points;
it's a cannister so could hurt if hit with
Smells like shit, could cause problems for asthma sufferers

No other reasons as far as I am aware

186 posts