Chants about the fire?

186 posts
TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: Chants about the fire?

by TBM » 17 Mar 2015 17:06

Forbury Lion http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31926892
BBC a man from Bradford was arrested outside the ground before the game for possession of a flare.

I guess this neutralises the flare argument as I'm sure the Bradford fan wasn't meaning to cause offence in relation to the Bradford fire either.... although throwing the flare into the away end is still something to be investigated and punished.

C'mon, same page dodd.....

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 17 Mar 2015 17:21

TBM
Forbury Lion http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31926892
BBC a man from Bradford was arrested outside the ground before the game for possession of a flare.

I guess this neutralises the flare argument as I'm sure the Bradford fan wasn't meaning to cause offence in relation to the Bradford fire either.... although throwing the flare into the away end is still something to be investigated and punished.

C'mon, same page dodd.....

Didn't see it, you were on my block list until just now.

boycey

by boycey » 17 Mar 2015 17:26

So bradford fans whinging about us when their rap sheet from last night involves
-racism
-missile throwing
-class a drugs
-flares/fireworks
-drunk and disorderly

#stayclassy bradford

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 17 Mar 2015 17:28

Why should we care if we've offended somebody? Oh no, I've hurt somebodies feelings, the shame

The world is full of pansies these days offended by everyone and everything

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Mar 2015 17:30

blueroyals Why should we care if we've offended somebody? Oh no, I've hurt somebodies feelings, the shame

The world is full of pansies these days offended by everyone and everything

Are you a 'high' functioning sociopath?

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 17 Mar 2015 17:52

LWJ

To be fair, this young lad looks like he wasn't born when the Bradford fire happened, and probably means no more to him than the Bolton disaster of the 50's does to the rest of us, he probably hasn't heard of it. The bomb/flare itself is almost harmless and it would take a freak accident for it to cause any harm, and when you're young these silly things are exciting. In fact they are incredibly popular in Italy where they are not banned.
Yes it is silly to take a smoke bomb to football because we all know that football authorities over react these days, but in the cold light of day, there was no harm done, really.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 17 Mar 2015 17:59

OldBiscuit
LWJ

To be fair, this young lad looks like he wasn't born when the Bradford fire happened, and probably means no more to him than the Bolton disaster of the 50's does to the rest of us, he probably hasn't heard of it. The bomb/flare itself is almost harmless and it would take a freak accident for it to cause any harm, and when you're young these silly things are exciting. In fact they are incredibly popular in Italy where they are not banned.
Yes it is silly to take a smoke bomb to football because we all know that football authorities over react these days, but in the cold light of day, there was no harm done, really.

No, it should be the parent(s) locked up for raising such a prick

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 17 Mar 2015 18:19

Or we could blame someone grooming him on-line to do this, not let the parents take any of the blame and demand an apology from the Police.

Oh, and it's also societies fault as he's disengaged from it.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 17 Mar 2015 18:23

Before someone reports poor Will95 to the police, I'd like to confirm that's not him. (I've spotted him before at games).

You've only got to go to a few away games to become fully aware of Will's 'crew'; Man with flare is not one of them.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 17 Mar 2015 18:47

As an older person I always feel rather sorry for these young people who get caught up in the moment and do something really daft which will have long term consequences.

No doubt he'll end up with a criminal record over this and bitterly regret it in years to come.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Mar 2015 18:49

Norfolk Royal As an older person I always feel rather sorry for these young people who get caught up in the moment and do something really daft which will have long term consequences.

No doubt he'll end up with a criminal record over this and bitterly regret it in years to come.

probably already got one.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 17 Mar 2015 19:02

Ian Royal
Norfolk Royal As an older person I always feel rather sorry for these young people who get caught up in the moment and do something really daft which will have long term consequences.

probably already got one.

Well very possibly.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 17 Mar 2015 19:16

LOL @ the "won't somebody please think of the children" attitude when people run on the pitch with blue smoke :lol:

As for chants about the Bradford fire, its seems clear that some people don't understand the "is there a fire drill" song, and/or want to make a mountain out of a molehill.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Mar 2015 19:45

OldBiscuit

Sorry, i just can't agree with that. The issue isn't taking a smoke bomb to the match, that he may or may not have heard of the Bradford fire, isn;t an issue, the fact that it's at a game against Bradford isn't an issue (their fans have made very little out of it, and seem to view a smoke bomb as being a little misguided but within the spirit of the occasion). If you want to take a smoke bomb to a game, that's your choice, I don't like them but have no great issue with people taking them.

The issue is that this dickhead threw it into a stand, It's no different to a coin or a water bottle and IMO, that's irresponsible and way out of order.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Mar 2015 19:52

It's just not cricket, damnit. Show a bit of British decorum.

Bloody young British Yobs, growing up here, ruining our reputation.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 17 Mar 2015 20:00

On a note of accuracy, throwing the smoke flare would not be as dangerous as throwing a con imho.

A coin is invisible to the naked eye after it is thrown and as such the people in the firing line are completely unable to take evasive action.

Not so with a smoke fizz bomb missile. If you can't see that coming and have time to get out the way you're probably visually impaired in any case.

You could argue of course that it could hit a child who is either not looking at the smoke thing or turned away at the time.

But any father worth his salt would have his eye on that sort of danger and reach out to catch the smoke thing before it caused any potential injury.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Mar 2015 20:03

So it's alright to throw objects into the stand?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Mar 2015 20:04

From Despair To Where? So it's alright to throw objects into the stand?

No, it's just nowhere near as horrifyingly dangerous as people seem to be trying to make out.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Mar 2015 20:07

.....but unlike the unseen coin, it has the potential to start a stampede during the panic.

Personally, a smoke can wouldn't bother me too much, but I couldn't vouch for those fleeing around me.

Not the best of ideas to throw into a confined crowd

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Mar 2015 20:10

Ian Royal
From Despair To Where? So it's alright to throw objects into the stand?

No, it's just nowhere near as horrifyingly dangerous as people seem to be trying to make out.

I'm not saying it is, I just don't think it's appropriate to throw anything into a stand.

186 posts