Rotherham

Baggie192

Rotherham

by Baggie192 » 26 Apr 2015 11:17

You play rotherham Tuesday right? If you beat them it goes to last day with Millwall needing to beat the 5h1t to stay up. If that happens the 5h1t lose out on the playoffs. So, please beat Rotherham :D

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rotherham

by Ian Royal » 26 Apr 2015 11:19

I wouldn't get your hopes up we can't beat an egg.

If the season were another 4-5 games long we'd get relegated.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 26 Apr 2015 11:22, edited 1 time in total.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 26 Apr 2015 11:20

We will lose.

Baggie192

by Baggie192 » 26 Apr 2015 11:25

Ian Royal I wouldn't get your hopes up we can't beat an egg.

They usually f*ck it up in the playoffs anyway :lol: :lol: But it Tuesday right? Because I'll give it a listen. I take it by you're answer, Clarke's not doing well?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Apr 2015 11:30

Baggie192

They usually f*ck it up in the playoffs anyway :lol: :lol: But it Tuesday right? Because I'll give it a listen. I take it by you're answer, Clarke's not doing well?

We've scored 5 home league goals this year, and haven't won in the league for about 8-10 games. So it's an emphatic NO!

Baggie192

by Baggie192 » 26 Apr 2015 11:47

Ian Royal
Baggie192

We've scored 5 home league goals this year, and haven't won in the league for about 8-10 games. So it's an emphatic NO!

No Lukaku and Odemwingie, In all seriousness as I'm not a Reading fan, How bad was Adkins compared to him? Clarke's plan B was throw on all the strikers. He messed up the summer window by chasing Solomon Kalou letting other targets pass. Plus the Anelka debarcle. It's taken Pulis to sort the damage originally done in Clarke's tenure out.

Chelsea/Royal

by Chelsea/Royal » 26 Apr 2015 11:48

Truly appalling run of form. If it wasn't for the feel good factor of the FA cup we would be asking questions of Mr Clark.

Please end this season now!

We will lose to Rotherham, and haven't got a cat in hells chance of beating Derby.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Apr 2015 12:10

Baggie192
Ian Royal
Baggie192 They usually f*ck it up in the playoffs anyway :lol: :lol: But it Tuesday right? Because I'll give it a listen. I take it by you're answer, Clarke's not doing well?

No Lukaku and Odemwingie, In all seriousness as I'm not a Reading fan, How bad was Adkins compared to him? Clarke's plan B was throw on all the strikers. He messed up the summer window by chasing Solomon Kalou letting other targets pass. Plus the Anelka debarcle. It's taken Pulis to sort the damage originally done in Clarke's tenure out.

You'll get different answers from different people. But essentially, neither have done a good job. To an extent Clarke has been crippled by the same problems Adkins was, which is an ex-Russian owner who spent money he didn't have overpaying total mediocrity and giving long term contracts out like sweets at Halloween.

Under Adkins our defence was a shambles and we regularly collapsed to concede 3 or more goals. But we won a few games and were reasonably clear of relegation. Under Clarke we're tighter, but still concede far more often than not. Only now we can't buy a goal because we lost our main striker in December (Murray), and Clarke decided Yakubu would be a good replacement. So after a dead cat bounce we've drifted closer and closer to relegation, but thanks to Millwall and Wigan being even bigger shit-baskets we're safe.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 26 Apr 2015 12:47

Baggie192 I take it by you're answer, Clarke's not doing well?

Baggie192 - question for you which we are still trying to answer. What would you say is Clarke's style of play or ethos? We just can't work it out. My personal view is he likes to keep it tight and try to nick a goal from a counter attack or set piece. Interesting you say about signing overaged / past it / not good enough strikers.

Baggie192

by Baggie192 » 26 Apr 2015 14:55

3points
Baggie192 I take it by you're answer, Clarke's not doing well?

Baggie192 - question for you which we are still trying to answer. What would you say is Clarke's style of play or ethos? We just can't work it out. My personal view is he likes to keep it tight and try to nick a goal from a counter attack or set piece. Interesting you say about signing overaged / past it / not good enough strikers.

It's Counter Attack, which is great when you've got the like of Peter Odemwingie, Lukaku and Shane Long. However his first Christmas saw him fall out with Odemwingie. Now there's Blame on both sides on that one. But, we went from playing 4-3-3 with pacy wingers who track back and create plays to 4-5-1 with Long as the 1 and Lukaku as the sub who would come on and get something from the game. It all went tits up in the summer Long wanted to leave along with Odemwingie. Lukaku's loan expired and on deadline day we had to stop Long's sale to Hull because Lukaku chose to go on loan to Everton Instead His loan fee from Chelsea was £7m so we would of had to sell Long to afford it. It was earlier on that the damage was done. Basically with the signing of Anelka and the chase of Solomon Kalou. we run the Headcoach/DOF model and have done since 2006 Pulis works under the same terms because during and after Hodgson the Head Coach gets the final say. Anyway Anelka is a feeless signing but his wages at that time were the highest the club had paid at £70kpw. The chase For Kalou then started which would of cost us a fee plus wages the same if not higher than Anelka's. During the pursuit It was rumoured that the Chairman was upset, He never came We spent £13.9m on Victor Anichebe and Stephane Sessegnon plus had Vydra on loan, who rarely played. On paper we had the easiest start to a prem season that we ever had. Could've and maybe should have got 12pts but apart from a clueless performance by Paulo Di Canio's Sunderland we were battered and had 3pts he got the odd win beating Man Utd away, but, we looked doomed under him his plan b was throw on as many attacking players as possible nce we'd conceded. The irony is he had a pop at us, during his unveiling press conference then signs Yakubu

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 26 Apr 2015 15:03

All starting to sound very familiar Baggie192

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 26 Apr 2015 15:32

Hope we lose as Millwall go down

Baggie192

by Baggie192 » 26 Apr 2015 15:45

3points All starting to sound very familiar Baggie192

Thing is as coach where he just has to worry about designing set plays and he's a genius. He wouldn't of got where he did at Chelsea or Liverpool. Would I now trust him with tranfer and building a squad? No, and he's proved we were right to sack him. I read some of "Steve Clarke The Poll" and people are say that these last games have nothing riding on them, but, they do the winning mentality of the club as a whole once the rot sets in it's hard to clear. Compare it to Pulis, We got complacaint in the Leicester and QPR games and lost badly due to being 33pts he's set a target of 40pts he won't discuss safety until we have 40pts this is our Run-in Palace (A) won 0-2 Liverpool (H) Draw Man United (A) Newcastle (A) Chelsea(H) and Arsenal (A) we're on 37pts and hopefully safe. Pulis will disappointed if we don't get the 40pts, I think its a reason why he's never been relegated

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 26 Apr 2015 18:32

FAO baggie

Did you protest against Clarke to get him out or did it just happen fortuitously?

Some people on here actually trust him to build a new side for next season :lol: it's interesting to hear your insight.

Baggie192

by Baggie192 » 26 Apr 2015 19:06

Lacoste FAO baggie

Did you protest against Clarke to get him out or did it just happen fortuitously?

Some people on here actually trust him to build a new side for next season :lol: it's interesting to hear your insight.

Nah they were to keep Pepe Mel who saved us after Clarke. As I said he spent £13.9m our first 4 games were winnable Bottom half teams and the newly promoted. Apart from Sunderland we were smashed badly by Southampton and Swansea. we knew he was living on borrowed time If it's one thing our Chairman been after yo-yoing 4 times utterly ruthless when it comes to staying up.

Niko

by Niko » 26 Apr 2015 19:38

Dave-Royal any one making
trip to
Yorkshire ?

Prob
ab
ly .

Kuhl_Runnings

by Kuhl_Runnings » 27 Apr 2015 10:20

Surprisingly I would like us to lose so Millwall go down. Just me.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Apr 2015 10:30

Rotherham not losing tomorrow also guarantees Wigan finally going down so not all will be lost whatever happens.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 27 Apr 2015 10:38

I think with regards to who goes up/down, if Clarke ends up having a horrible summer transfer window and we look like real relegation candidates, it will probably be in our best interest for Wigan to go down as I would say they are most likely of the 3 in the relegation fight to recover next season if they stay up.

Similarly, Brentford staying down would be important as, with Warburton leaving, they won't be as strong next season.

arthurfondrelli

by arthurfondrelli » 27 Apr 2015 10:48

Can't speak for those making the long trip up north, but would like to see Wigan and Millwall relegated so would sacrifice a win on this occasion. Not that we will win anyway, but you know...