Rotherham Match Thread - Sponsored By Clolarkelol

191 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Rotherham Match Thread - Sponsored By Clolarkelol

by RoyalBlue » 28 Apr 2015 20:30

blueroyals 'Cross comes in, Pogrebynak waiting behind the defender' - surprise surprise.

Pog apologists - 'it was a bad cross!!!!'

Neutral BBC
Attempt missed. Pavel Pogrebnyak (Reading) right footed shot from a difficult angle on the right is close, but misses to the right.

So no need for any Pog apologists as it looks to have been a good effort,

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 28 Apr 2015 20:32

IceIceGylfi
blueroyals 'Cross comes in, Pogrebynak waiting behind the defender' - surprise surprise.

Pog apologists piss me off a bit. He is useless, end of.

But he works so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 28 Apr 2015 20:33

Lower West
Lacoste Second part is spot on - a good manager would get back to basics and pick up some results by hook or by crook,

I'm more interested in long term development than 3 points in a meaningless game. Jem wants a new contract. Cox believes he deserves to start. Fine. Then prove why. No passengers next season.

I was talking about Clarke's whole tenure.

IceIceGylfi

by IceIceGylfi » 28 Apr 2015 20:34

blueroyals
IceIceGylfi

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Apr 2015 20:35

blueroyals
IceIceGylfi

Hey we can put HRK or Blackman up front instead if you like lads.

watfordroyal

by watfordroyal » 28 Apr 2015 20:36

loyalroyaldaz Has anybody stopped to think that maybe this was always going to be the case when the Thai's took over.
Maybe they told Clarke from the outset that his main task was to keep us in this league but come the summer it is to completely rebuild. Maybe they want the high earners off of the books and he was aware of all this when he took the job?
If that were the case then although he got too close to comfort with relagation then maybe it is understandable that he is tinkering. I have this feeling that he knows already some who are going but has to decide on maybe another 4 or 5.
I think we are in for a hell of a ride over the summer but i have to hang on to the belief that the owners do want us to be successful if no other reason than to pay for all this investment in Bearwood and the Academy.
Steve Clarke should not be sacked.
let him get this summer done and see what happens next season. If it is going to be a mass cull then what is the point of bringing in another?
Its time Reading fans realised we are not Real Madrid, top top managers or coaches are not queing up to come here.
You may consider the likes of Mourinho, Van Gaal, Klopp etc great managers but i gaurantee none of them would touch a job where they couldnt buy success.
Be grateful we have a manager who has played and plied his trade at the top level.
Get behind him.
The players have let us down this season and to me the FA cup and particularly the Semi proved it so. Same players, same Manager, same formation but a totally different attitude on the pitch!

They've certainly been on their holidays since the Brighton win made us all but safe, then the Bradford draw & win & wembley when we've seen a performance.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 28 Apr 2015 20:37

Ignorant Pog critics really piss me off! :twisted:

Take the p out of the fact that people rightly acknowledge that he works hard when some are probably couch potato lard arses who wouldn't even be able to see a football at their feet!

ladida_gunner_graham

by ladida_gunner_graham » 28 Apr 2015 20:40

sandman Hey we can put HRK or Blackman up front instead if you like lads.

Too soon, sandman. Let us grieve, then you can have your fun.

Baggie192

by Baggie192 » 28 Apr 2015 20:41

Night all I don't think i can much more of this. It was bad enough watching this shit at The Hawthorns

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 28 Apr 2015 20:41

RoyalBlue Ignorant Pog critics really piss me off! :twisted:

Take the p out of the fact that people rightly acknowledge that he works hard when some are probably couch potato lard arses who wouldn't even be able to see a football at their feet!

1 goal every 260 mins is not good enough for a Championship striker on ~£30k per week. How hard he works is irrelevant, but seems to be the only justification for his selection that the so-called 'Pog' apologists have.

I'm taking the piss out of anybody who thinks 'working hard' with no end product can justify a massive salary like his. He's got to go.
Last edited by blueroyals on 28 Apr 2015 20:42, edited 1 time in total.

IceIceGylfi

by IceIceGylfi » 28 Apr 2015 20:41

He works somewhat hard I suppose but for, what, £40k a week? Not good enough.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 28 Apr 2015 20:42

loyalroyaldaz Has anybody stopped to think that maybe this was always going to be the case when the Thai's took over.
Maybe they told Clarke from the outset that his main task was to keep us in this league but come the summer it is to completely rebuild. Maybe they want the high earners off of the books and he was aware of all this when he took the job?
If that were the case then although he got too close to comfort with relagation then maybe it is understandable that he is tinkering. I have this feeling that he knows already some who are going but has to decide on maybe another 4 or 5.
I think we are in for a hell of a ride over the summer but i have to hang on to the belief that the owners do want us to be successful if no other reason than to pay for all this investment in Bearwood and the Academy.
let him get this summer done and see what happens next season. If it is going to be a mass cull then what is the point of bringing in another?
Its time Reading fans realised we are not Real Madrid, top top managers or coaches are not queing up to come here.
You may consider the likes of Mourinho, Van Gaal, Klopp etc great managers but i gaurantee none of them would touch a job where they couldnt buy success.
Be grateful we have a manager who has played and plied his trade at the top level.
Get behind him.
The players have let us down this season and to me the FA cup and particularly the Semi proved it so. Same players, same Manager, same formation but a totally different attitude on the pitch!

I think this could be a valid(ish) theory - "keep us up, look who you want to keep, there can be money to pay off some players to start a clean sheet". If so - thats one hell of a negotiation by SJM.

If Clarke had to prove himself (to keep this job by ensuring no relegation) why would he play around and take (too many) risks - he could have been much safer.

watfordroyal

by watfordroyal » 28 Apr 2015 20:46

blueroyals

1 goal every 260 mins is not good enough for a Championship striker on ~£30k per week. How hard he works is irrelevant, but seems to be the only justification for his selection that the so-called 'Pog' apologists have.

I'm taking the piss out of anybody who thinks 'working hard' with no end product can justify a massive salary like his. He's got to go.

I like Pog and really hope he can do well for us, to bully defenders & dominate the line like Roberts or Kitson, but sadly he's just not good enough for the money.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Apr 2015 20:50

blueroyals .

No, the only justification is that the alternative is Blackman or Yakubu. Let's be honest,he's the best forward we have, which says more about our forwards as a whole than it does about Pog. He is very much in the team on merit.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 28 Apr 2015 20:51, edited 1 time in total.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 28 Apr 2015 20:51

RG7Fan
Get behind him.

I think this could be a valid(ish) theory - "keep us up, look who you want to keep, there can be money to pay off some players to start a clean sheet". If so - thats one hell of a negotiation by SJM.

If Clarke had to prove himself (to keep this job by ensuring no relegation) why would he play around and take (too many) risks - he could have been much safer.

The theory is shot down by the suggestion that Madejski would offer the sort of money required to pay off players and start with a clean sheet.

It's not just the players who should be fighting for their futures over these two games, it should be Clarke as well. The owners would be mad to trust him with money to sort things out if this dire run of form and performances continues right through to the end of the season. The guy clearly struggles to motivate pretty decent players to play well in league games.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 28 Apr 2015 20:53

One effing of target shot in another 45 minutes of football. Meanwhile our opponents are firing them in from all directions - fortunately largely off target. However, at least they are having shots.

Another cracking couple of days preparation by Clarke and his squad! :twisted:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Apr 2015 20:55

Just seen this photo of Danny Guthrie playing against Rotherham. Anyone fancy a caption competition?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Apr 2015 20:57

RoyalBlue
RG7Fan
Get behind him.

The theory is shot down by the suggestion that Madejski would offer the sort of money required to pay off players and start with a clean sheet.

It's not just the players who should be fighting for their futures over these two games, it should be Clarke as well. The owners would be mad to trust him with money to sort things out if this dire run of form and performances continues right through to the end of the season. The guy clearly struggles to motivate pretty decent players to play well in league games.

Good to see that the players are "decent" now. When Adkins was in charge his failures were put down to the players and now Clarke's in charge it's the manager.
Last edited by sandman on 28 Apr 2015 21:06, edited 1 time in total.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 28 Apr 2015 21:05

sandman
Good to see that the players are "decent" now. When Adkins was in charge his failures were put down the players and now Clarke's in charge it's the manager.

No. Ultimately it's still all Madejski's fault.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Apr 2015 21:05

surprise, surprise.

191 posts