CONFIMRED - Jem to Gala

howser
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Jem to Gala

by howser » 17 Jun 2015 12:32

After spending the best part of the last three seasons getting him fit a bit of loyalty wouldn't have gone amiss but that was far too much to expect I suppose, as with the other two that have left, I get bored shitless with their leaving speeches that they needed "a new challange" utter crap, if Reading had upped their individual salaries they would have signed an given us the " I never wanted to leave Reading, I love this club". Another fine example of when the going gets tough the weak go running.
Last edited by howser on 17 Jun 2015 12:39, edited 1 time in total.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 17 Jun 2015 12:38

Psh, loyalty.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Jun 2015 13:35

howser After spending the best part of the last three seasons getting him fit a bit of loyalty wouldn't have gone amiss but that was far too much to expect I suppose, as with the other two that have left, I get bored shitless with their leaving speeches that they needed "a new challange" utter crap, if Reading had upped their individual salaries they would have signed an given us the " I never wanted to leave Reading, I love this club". Another fine example of when the going gets tough the weak go running.

Hmm, so he can endure a championship relegation dogfight in front of 13,000 whinging miserabilists or he can go to the team he supports, experience a different country and culture, play in Europe, challenge for the league title and play in front of 50,000 screaming Turkish mentalists.

Hmm, tough choice. Let's just accept that 99.99% of professional footballers would chose Galatasaray over Reading every day of the week.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 17 Jun 2015 13:38, edited 1 time in total.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Jun 2015 13:37

Don't worry I fully expect the UK Security Services to prevent him travelling.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 17 Jun 2015 13:41

[quote="From Despair To Where?"][quote="howser"]After spending the best part of the last three seasons getting him fit a bit of loyalty wouldn't have gone amiss but that was far too much to expect I suppose, as with the other two that have left, I get bored shitless with their leaving speeches that they needed "a new challange" utter crap, if Reading had upped their individual salaries they would have signed an given us the " I never wanted to leave Reading, I love this club". Another fine example of when the going gets tough the weak go running.[/quote]

Hmm, so he can endure a championship relegation dogfight in front of 13,000 whinging miserabilists or he can go to the team he supports, experience a different country and culture, play in Europe, challenge for the league title and play in front of 50,000 screaming Turkish mentalists.

Hmm, tough choice. Let's just accept that 99.99% of professional footballers would chose Galatasaray over Reading every day of the week.[/quote]

He was going to go whether it was Galatasaray, Watford or Bournemouth

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 17 Jun 2015 13:43

howser After spending the best part of the last three seasons getting him fit a bit of loyalty wouldn't have gone amiss but that was far too much to expect I suppose, as with the other two that have left, I get bored shitless with their leaving speeches that they needed "a new challange" utter crap, if Reading had upped their individual salaries they would have signed an given us the " I never wanted to leave Reading, I love this club". Another fine example of when the going gets tough the weak go running.

I don't get this argument, my employers over the years have invested and trained me, but i have no remorse that i have left them for better opportunities. I want to be the best i can be, and so will he. He is not a Reading FC fan he doesn't think about the club the same way a fan would, to him they are just his employer. Every single fan of this club who if put in karacan position would jump at the chance to play for a club that has the pedigree of Galatasaray.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Jun 2015 15:44

WoodleyRoyal

I don't get this argument, my employers over the years have invested and trained me, but i have no remorse that i have left them for better opportunities. I want to be the best i can be, and so will he. He is not a Reading FC fan he doesn't think about the club the same way a fan would, to him they are just his employer. Every single fan of this club who if put in karacan position would jump at the chance to play fore a club that has the pedigree of Galatasaray.

Exactly, people change jobs every day, he's moving on to bigger and better things, good luck to him.

Aubery Boyce
Hob Nob Regular

by Aubery Boyce » 17 Jun 2015 16:00

WoodleyRoyal

I don't get this argument, my employers over the years have invested and trained me, but i have no remorse that i have left them for better opportunities. I want to be the best i can be, and so will he. He is not a Reading FC fan he doesn't think about the club the same way a fan would, to him they are just his employer. Every single fan of this club who if put in karacan position would jump at the chance to play for a club that has the pedigree of Galatasaray.

FACT

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Jun 2015 16:25

I promise you I wouldn't. FACT.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 17 Jun 2015 16:27

Thing is guys at the moment he is, maybe, possibly going to join Galatasary and yes I accept that is better and more challenging for him, far less likely to get injured again sitting on the bench, but would you all be saying "good on him" if he had gone to either of the other two clubs he was linked with, Watford and Bournemouth ? yes they are Premiership sides, well for one season anyway. Fact is he was going to go whatever, Galatasary has just glossed that decision, the sign that he and the other two "heroes" were going to leave was pretty clear from their love in, at the end of final match at Derby last season.

Za Vas

by Za Vas » 17 Jun 2015 19:01

howser Thing is guys at the moment he is, maybe, possibly going to join Galatasary and yes I accept that is better and more challenging for him, far less likely to get injured again sitting on the bench, but would you all be saying "good on him" if he had gone to either of the other two clubs he was linked with, Watford and Bournemouth ? yes they are Premiership sides, well for one season anyway. Fact is he was going to go whatever, Galatasary has just glossed that decision, the sign that he and the other two "heroes" were going to leave was pretty clear from their love in, at the end of final match at Derby last season.

Reflecting on many of the reactions on the Pearce and Federici threads, yes, I think a lot would...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Jun 2015 19:15

WoodleyRoyal

Come on, get a grip ffs. It's not like we were contractually obliged to look after his fitness when he was injured whilst working for us.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Jun 2015 19:51

howser Thing is guys at the moment he is, maybe, possibly going to join Galatasary and yes I accept that is better and more challenging for him, far less likely to get injured again sitting on the bench, but would you all be saying "good on him" if he had gone to either of the other two clubs he was linked with, Watford and Bournemouth ? yes they are Premiership sides, well for one season anyway. Fact is he was going to go whatever, Galatasary has just glossed that decision, the sign that he and the other two "heroes" were going to leave was pretty clear from their love in, at the end of final match at Derby last season.

Yes I would, if he feels it's the right move for him, good luck to him. On the evidence of last season, they are much better teams than us.

As for this injury/loyalty thing, he got injured in the workplace, doing his job so the club have an obligation, and it also in the club's best interests, to rehabilitate one of its assets.

Would a company hold on to a vehicle that was too expensive to run, just because it "owed" you for repairing it after an accident 2 years previously?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 17 Jun 2015 21:07

All I can say is that I am totally gutted. However, good luck to him he deserves his move!

poohs pure

by poohs pure » 17 Jun 2015 22:02

Bingo.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 18 Jun 2015 07:37

If the club had simply said 'sorry Jem, we've wasted 2 years wages on you while you've been injured and we aren't going to give you a new deal' there would have been an outcry.
I agree that generally loyalty is pretty much dead in football but I also do agree that sometimes it would be nice to hear a player saying that they are prepared to accept a lower wage (as in 'just' a million for the season) because they haven't performed for the past couple of years. Won't happen, but would be nice.
Obviously all that motivates players these days is maximising their earnings. Who do anything remotely reasonable, I do wonder whether most players get as much enjoyment out of playing the game as their lower paid predecessors did. I doubt it worries too many of them though!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Jun 2015 15:37

leww_rfc - Team he and his family support
- Chance for the National team
- Champions League Football
- Better Weather
- Better Wages

I love Jem, but if he's handed this opportunity, he has to take it.

^^^^^^^^
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 18 Jun 2015 16:17

Also it's one of the few Turkish clubs likely to actually pay him his contracted wage.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 18 Jun 2015 17:07

With his injury record I'd suggest he might be better suited to Gala Bingo than Galatasaray.

Given the wages he has earned for being all permanently indisposesd for the best part of 3 years you think that he might want to give something back to the club even on reduced terms. There you go, modern football(ers) for you. So long and thanks for all the running around and trying hard when you did make it onto the pitch.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 18 Jun 2015 20:27

Injury record more or less in full since becoming first choice roughly when Rodgers took over:

- Out from 20th February 2010. Returned to action 5th April 2010. Missed 10 matches (appeared on bench three times)
- Our from 6th April 2012 (v Leeds). Returned 22nd August 2012. Missed 6 matches.
- Out from 20th October 2012. Returned 22nd December 2012. Missed 11 matches.
- Out from 18th September 2013. Returned 10th January 2015. Missed about 70 matches.
- Some minor injuries in 2015. Missed maybe 5 matches.

With a better injury record, he could have made another 100 appearances for us, putting him on about 275. As it is, he didn't even make as many as Steve Sidwell.