New Keeper - Stuart Moore

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: New Keeper - Stuart Moore

by Nameless » 24 Jun 2015 14:58

Didn't he play against us last season in a preseason friendly in which we were absolutely awful ?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 24 Jun 2015 15:06

Z175 Funny to think that 4 years ago we were mystified at why we would sign a 7th choice keeper. Has anyone seen Stuart Moore play at all? Can he make it at this level?

Seen him play a couple of times (one of which was at the Basingstoke friendly Nameless alludes to - second-string U21s played the first half, with the U18s taking over in the second - would call it incredibly dull before dreadful). I didn't really rate him, and nor did the club a year ago - that's why he was shipped out on loan to the Conference South while Lincoln stayed at the club and Henly balanced the Conference and Reading.

He didn't play badly or anything, he just didn't have the presence that those two did, and neither match required him to make many saves so he didn't get a chance to impress.

His loan went really well, and suddenly he's gone from fifth choice to first choice (until we sign someone). Bristow thinks he's good enough, but I'm not sure how easy it is to tell from Conference South performances.

Current pecking order:
Stuart Moore
Lewis Ward
George Legg*
Luke Southwood
Billy Collings/Joe Tupper

Keeping Legg is really perplexing because he's behind Ward who is a year younger (and he might even be behind Southwood). I guess he's had a serious injury at some point and the club are just giving him a chance to prove himself.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Jun 2015 17:31

El Diablo They liked him @ Basingstoke Town last season...

Stuart was on loan at Basingstoke from Reading for the 2014/15 season. The young goalkeeper quickly established himself as a key player as he helped the club qualify for the Conference South Play-Offs. His contribution was recognised as he was awarded both the Supporters Player of the Season and Away Fans Player of the Season awards.

He is the younger brother of Football League goalkeeper Simon who had also previously spent time on loan at The Camrose.

http://basingstoketown.net/player-profi ... art-moore/

Jason Bristow's dad works for me, - talking to him, they rate Stuart very highly...

I saw him in the play off semi final v Whitehawk, thought he was the best player on the pitch for Basingstoke to be honest. But then in the second leg of that Basingstoke were dreadful outfield. IMO though he needs a loan period in League 2 or the Conference for a season before being ready to be a number 2.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 25 Jun 2015 09:54

I've seen him a few times for Basingstoke and thought he was superb.

Agree that he needs to be tested at a higher level, but his shot-stopping and ability to deal with crosses seemed decent.

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 26 Jun 2015 12:14

Sutekh
El Diablo They liked him @ Basingstoke Town last season...

Stuart was on loan at Basingstoke from Reading for the 2014/15 season. The young goalkeeper quickly established himself as a key player as he helped the club qualify for the Conference South Play-Offs. His contribution was recognised as he was awarded both the Supporters Player of the Season and Away Fans Player of the Season awards.

He is the younger brother of Football League goalkeeper Simon who had also previously spent time on loan at The Camrose.

http://basingstoketown.net/player-profi ... art-moore/

Jason Bristow's dad works for me, - talking to him, they rate Stuart very highly...

I saw him in the play off semi final v Whitehawk, thought he was the best player on the pitch for Basingstoke to be honest. But then in the second leg of that Basingstoke were dreadful outfield. IMO though he needs a loan period in League 2 or the Conference for a season before being ready to be a number 2.

Rob Dickie aside. Skinning people from centre-half all over the place. But yeah, Basingstoke (including James Harper) were utterly terrible.