BFTG - Wednesday

No Fixed Abode

Re: BFTG - Wednesday

by No Fixed Abode » 20 Aug 2015 15:03

BFTG - Wednesday? That's good going, most people I knew who went didn't get back till the early hours on Thursday.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Aug 2015 15:35

No Fixed Abode BFTG - Wednesday? That's good going, most people I knew who went didn't get back till the early hours on Thursday.

Don't lie little fella. You don't know anyone bar your cat and your mum who's basement you live in.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 20 Aug 2015 16:52

We were robbed last night, again. Although we don't go short from goal kicks, the possession football we have been playing is pleasing on the eye, basically what Adkins was trying to do but now we seem to have a solid base/defence. If we can sort out the attack McCleary/Hurtado & potentially a new striker, we should have a good season. The strong defensive base away from home has been because of the narrow 4-4-2, although people are moaning about not having the natural width but it has made us really tough to break down. Clarke is proving he is tactically astute, look what he did to Arsenal at wembley, nullified them with a 442. Hope he gets the time to build the team as I see real potential.

Last nights ratings

Bond- 4
Gunter- 6
McShane- 8
Ferdinand- 8
Taylor- 6
Williams- 8
Norwood- 7
Tish- 7
Quinn- 7
Sa- 7
HRK- 7

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 20 Aug 2015 18:31

by ZacNaloen wrote: I'm still confused as to why we got rid of Lincoln tbf so obviously I know sod all about keepers but that looked an easy catch.

Have to agree .I see that Dan Lincoln played last week for Hungerford, Town how the world of football changes.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Aug 2015 20:09

Every time I see highlights we're looking very tidy in midfield, at least until we get within 2 yards of their box. Then everyone either becomes terrified of shooting / playing someone in to shoot, or puts on concrete / sponge boots.
They look like a team that knows they couldn't score score in a brothel

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 20 Aug 2015 21:22

CountryRoyal
No Fixed Abode BFTG - Wednesday? That's good going, most people I knew who went didn't get back till the early hours on Thursday.

Don't lie little fella. You don't know anyone bar your cat and your mum who's basement you live in.

It's always those that say things like this - that it rings true to them.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 20 Aug 2015 22:43

Ian Royal Every time I see highlights we're looking very tidy in midfield, at least until we get within 2 yards of their box. Then everyone either becomes terrified of shooting / playing someone in to shoot, or puts on concrete / sponge boots.

Yet we've scored in 75% of our games

Esteban

by Esteban » 20 Aug 2015 23:40

Worth reading the old match reports today. 10 years ago we beat Millwall 5-0 at home. 4 years ago we lost 2-1 to a pathetic Barnsley side at home. At the end of both seasons, we lifted the title.

I understand the concerns around at the moment, but we've proved in recent memory that you can have a successful season, regardless of whether you start well or poorly. No need to hit the panic button just yet.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Aug 2015 00:15

No Fixed Abode
CountryRoyal

It's always those that say things like this - that it rings true to them.

So how old were you when you moved out of your Mums house?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Aug 2015 19:30

Snowball
Ian Royal Every time I see highlights we're looking very tidy in midfield, at least until we get within 2 yards of their box. Then everyone either becomes terrified of shooting / playing someone in to shoot, or puts on concrete / sponge boots.

Yet we've scored in 75% of our games

You're not good enough with conventions involving interaction with humans to recognise hyperbole for effect are you. Sad.

0.75 goals a game I dont know what i was thinking, we're clearly a free scorinh side brimming over with goals.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Aug 2015 23:06

Which part of

"Yet we've scored in 75% of our games"

was incorrect?

RoyalX

by RoyalX » 22 Aug 2015 02:02

Snowball Which part of

"Yet we've scored in 75% of our games"

was incorrect?

Pretty disingenuous to include a game where we needed an extra 30 minutes to score because we couldn't score in regular time :lol: