HRK was absolute f***ing s**t

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MK Dons (H) Match Thread - Sponsored by AFC Wimbledon

by Royal Ginger » 22 Aug 2015 19:01

CountryRoyal
Royal Ginger
CountryRoyal
I wish HRK was Japanese. Would have comitted Hari-Kari ages ago.

What a strange thing to say.

Do you know what that is Ginge?

Well of course, It's just a very odd reference to tortuously crowbar in to your point out of the blue.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Aug 2015 19:03

winchester_royal Well I completely disagree with all of you tbh.

Just like up at Sheff Wed I thought he put a decent shift in an unfamiliar position and only got slack because of that one bad pass.

But hey ho, that's football I suppose.

He's nowhere near the class of Sa mind, who continues to really impress me. But you can't boo him just because he's not naturally gifted. IMO

The problem is that he is naturally gifted but doesn't put the work in.
Last edited by sandman on 22 Aug 2015 19:05, edited 1 time in total.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 22 Aug 2015 19:04

first part of winning is not losing. Plently of chances today so at least something to build on. As the team gel wins will come

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 22 Aug 2015 19:06

Morons

anyone who booed around me swiftly got called a cpunt.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 22 Aug 2015 19:12

Yeah that booing at the end was just pfucking stupid. 2nd home game of the season and we played some good stuff today.

Certainly it was nice to see some good movement in the 2nd half

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 22 Aug 2015 19:15

John Madejski's Wallet Yeah that booing at the end was just pfucking stupid. 2nd home game of the season and we played some good stuff today.

Certainly it was nice to see some good movement in the 2nd half

Indeed. That one chance for Norwood was a joy to watch - a couple of one-twos and players finding space.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 22 Aug 2015 19:29

I looked around in disbelief, couldn't believe people were actually booing. Oh who the oxf*rd am I kidding, of course I can believe our mong fans booed.

You know despite dominating the match, hopefully Clarke can get that sorted out because other than our inability to score we do look a very good side and would be in the promotion hunt if we could score with some regularity.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Aug 2015 19:46

stealthpapes
Ian Royal
stl_royal I still believe Clarke has us playing much better than Adkins ever did, but what's the point when we couldnt score in a oxf*rd brothel??? We are begging for a finisher.

It's a balance isn't it. Adkins had us open at the back and defenders made regular mistakes, so we lost plenty, but we scored and won games.
Clarke has us very solid at the back, bar having two keepers likely to drop a clanger a game, but utterly impotent in front of goal so lots of draws.

There are just two questions as to which was more successful
1) What impact did Murray have and would Adkins have done a better job keeping / replacing him
2) Will Clarke's signings and approach pay off once Fosu, Hurtado, Fernandez, Pog and McCleary are fit and ready

Currently, for all the criticism and loses, Adkins approach is ahead, even if you only count his poor record last season. 1.19 vs 0.97 ppg

I would hope that solid at the back and room to improve will lead to improvements. Last season's league form I'm happy to write off with good will, so it starts here Clarke.

I'm not happy to write it off, particularly whilst Clarke continues to persist playing midfielders out of position over people who can genuinely play wide. If he pulls it together, then it can be consigned to history and forgotten IMO.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 22 Aug 2015 19:51

blueroyals
winchester_royal And it's certainly not an excuse to boo him off.

Are you joking? He's been shite for the last 2 years. The stick he gets is perfectly justified.

Why would you give stick at all to to a player of the team you supposedly "support"?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 Aug 2015 19:53

The players who can genuinely play wide are youngsters with less than a handful of appearances between them, and have both just come back from injury. To throw Stacey and Fosu in would be brave, and potentially exciting but I'd be worried what it would do to us defensively.
You're obviously right that the current lack of proper width is hurting us, but Williams and Quinn are still putting in major contributions. If we played Stacey and Fosu then potentially two of Alex, Williams and Quinn would be on the bench !!

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 22 Aug 2015 20:03

Platypuss
blueroyals
winchester_royal And it's certainly not an excuse to boo him off.

Are you joking? He's been shite for the last 2 years. The stick he gets is perfectly justified.

Why would you give stick at all to to a player of the team you supposedly "support"?

why moan at your wife if you married her?

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 22 Aug 2015 20:07

I didn't boo (obviously) but, seriously, if we were still playing now we wouldn't have scored. We really need someone like ALF, someone who knows where the goal is and how to get the ball in it. Plus, we need wide players that can take on backs and beat them. But most of all, we need a striker, not a no.10, or a hold-up man, or an attacking midfielder. We need a feckin' striker!

Willos

by Willos » 22 Aug 2015 20:07

First post Hi Friends.

Positives

Sa - Looks a class above in his touch and control but is ultimately let down because he hasnt got a strike partner on the same level. No doubt he will become a very important player for Reading.

Defence as a unit - it's going to take an error (as seen in previous matches) or a sublime effort to score against us, we play it out from the back excellently.

Tshibola - Probably one of the best young prospects seen at the club for ages that can perform in the first team, cool under pressure, breaks play up well and has a good range of passing and awareness. No idea why subbed.

Negatives

The Ref - Utter Shite and adds even more to my belief that the speed of the game has either surpassed human capability to make reasoned decisions or that a good ref is like a hornless unicorn.

Clarke's Subs - Personally i like Steve Clarke and the mess he's slowly turning around from last season however for the 2nd game running i dont agree with the subs he's made, Shef Wed game i thought he went too negative too early and today we we're actually creating quite a few chances and he takes off Tshibola and HRK which seemed to again totally disrupted our attacking impetus.

Boo's - HRK clapped at the ironic cheers when his number went up on sub board, not sure he realised it was because he was going off but in any case negativity towards anyone who plays in the shirt is classless.

Other than that we did everything but score and you can't be unhappy with the direction the club is going versus last season.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 22 Aug 2015 20:11

We played very well today - except, of course, in the shooting department. We are light years better than we were last season under Clarke or Adkins. After 2 games we had had more shots on goal than any other championship club. I don't know if that still holds now but only Bolton had more shots than us today (21 while we had 20). So far as shots on our goal are concerned, after 4 games only Preston (6) have fewer than us (9). Our defence is solid and we are creating chances. We 'simply' need a goalscorer - preferably two!

MOTM today had to be Martin in the Don's goal managing to parry/stop hard shots from Williams, Norwood and Blackman as well as deflect HRK's weak effort which he should have easily put away! Having said that, HRK put in a better shift today and worked hard. Apart from Church's effort which hit our post they threatened very little.

MOTM (for Reading) today was, narrowly, Tshibola who is growing in confidence, maturity and composure with every game. But Ferdinand hardly put a foot wrong and Williams was our most dangerous threat coming forward. Sa 'scored' an offside goal but to suggest he is rubbish, as some on this forum have done, beggars belief. He has class and good control and will do well for us. Gunter and Obita both did well too.

McShane is solid and I thought he might have won us a penalty in the first few minutes when he appeared to be pulled down by one of their defenders in the box - but maybe I was wrong! Bond had little to do but did it OK although his kicking is poor and nearly put us in trouble once. I don't remember much from Quinn.

Blackman injected a bit of flair when he came on for HRK but Cox didn't seem to get into the game much for his 20 minutes.

But I am positive. We are a striker or two away from being a very good team in this division and we have good players in the wings to come. They need encouragement from us fans - not booing!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 22 Aug 2015 20:40

Nameless To throw Stacey and Fosu in would be brave, and potentially exciting but I'd be worried what it would do to us defensively.

I think Stacey is pretty good defensively, he's a converted full back after all. But I do take your point.

A very good team performance nonetheless. I am disappointed that we didn't score, and I disagree with several of Clarke's decisions, but we played well.

We need more chances to fall to Sa and fewer to people like HRK and Norwood. I think natural width would help with that. Alternatively, our midfielders need to get better at finishing! A 25-goal striker would be great but Blackburn can't get in the playoffs off Rhodes alone, nor could Leeds with McCormack. Can't see this midfield scoring 30 goals between them.

Having said that, I was really impressed by the general play of Norwood and particularly Tshibola. They're clearly all talented individuals, I just don't think the balance is quite right yet.

Hopefully we get a league win under our belt soon.

unit

by unit » 22 Aug 2015 20:58

MK Came and parked their bus today , looking for a cheeky away win . Reading looked very solid and business like , which is fine , but at Home would expect a bit more flare. Martin , made saves in the Dons goal that you would expect him to save. In my opinion(for what it's worth ) A good solid performance , but need to be more creative/ruthless in the final third.
Gunter today played very well.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Aug 2015 22:21

May bee yu shud play Dive, though yu finishing know look the beast during half time penalty shot out.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Aug 2015 22:28

Fort yu was on pitch at half time with otter special ned people.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Aug 2015 22:46

Pies off two yu too. Yu just upset cos the otters was all beta then yu.