Lucas Piazon - Ru Oh

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

Re: Lucas Piazon - Ru Oh

by semtex1871 » 30 Oct 2015 20:44

So, two guys meet two girls in a bar and all go back to one of the girls house. Both girls go to bed with a guy each. Next morning girls are discussing events "yeah we had sex, you?" "no, we just chatted and snogged - can't believe you slept with him?!" "I mean he forced me to do it, he raped me!!"

:roll:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 Oct 2015 20:51

SCIAG Anyone who's seen Kuhl and Tshibola play together will tell you which of them is more defensively orientated (and better defensively, for that matter). Kuhl is a defensive midfielder who can pass, Tshibola is a box-to-box midfielder.

Norwood is great defensively. I think people underestimate him because he doesn't rely on his physicality, but he's very tough and makes a lot of tackles.

Norwood makes 2.6 tackles per match, Tshibola makes 1.2. Norwood's actually making less than he did last season. Norwood also has the edge in interceptions, 3 to Tshibola's 2.6.

Now that could indicate that Norwood is just more aggressive in the tackle - Obita makes three times as many tackles as Gunter - but I think most would agree that Tshibola's the one who presses high up the pitch, whilst Norwood sits and provides a shield.

I've not seen much of Alex, and he's not played enough to generate statistics, but based on the Everton match, he's another who is inclined to sit and shield the defence as a defensive midfielder rather than running box-to-box like Tshibola, Quinn, or Williams.

Well I guess we will have to agree to disagree with the first point. I'd argue that Norwood has a higher stats because he's involved a tad more being a bit behind and centrally. I agree that positionally Tish is a box to box CM, like Quinn and Williams, but his strengths in defending are far more natural than your Kuhls Norwood's and co.

MrSwickle

by MrSwickle » 31 Oct 2015 14:28

Surprised to see he is on the bench today, obviously the club not taking the allegations very serious?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 Oct 2015 14:34

MrSwickle Surprised to see he is on the bench today, obviously the club not taking the allegations very serious?

He's going to sit out at the start, then tag team on to finish.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 01 Nov 2015 00:26

MrSwickle Surprised to see he is on the bench today, obviously the club not taking the allegations very serious?

I don't know, to leave him out would be saying "we're not going to play you until these allegations are settled". These things can take years... he might never play for us again. Seems a little silly.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 02 Nov 2015 15:35

Snowball136
Gordons Cumming Innocent until proved guilty

unless you're accused of rape

Bad experience, Snowball?

Snowball136

by Snowball136 » 02 Nov 2015 15:48

Green