Re: CONFIMRED - Blackman to Derby

by Franchise FC » 07 Jan 2016 16:04

Maneki Neko We only deal in FACTs here.

Now I know what Rafa's doing since Monday

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 07 Jan 2016 16:11

Extended-Phenotype Yeah but it's fair enough to estimate that a rough figure of X coming in should leave us able to reinvest in a replacement

Only if the owners are content to continue operating with the same amount of losses.

And I share the opinion that it's pointless specul8ing about the amount available.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 07 Jan 2016 17:15

Laughable some of the bollox people come up with on here.
None of us have a fcuking scooby what is going to happen.
BMc wont say anything, he never did, he wont now and he never will.
Just put your phones down, get off the PC and go and either get a job or spend time with your families.
If and when something REAL happens we will hear about it.

Dave-royal. You should spend some time studying English Language ya Gimp and not annoying the adults...

We Move On

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Jan 2016 17:18

he's clearly listened to complaints about "we move on" cos now he says things like " our focus is now on the next game" instead

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 07 Jan 2016 18:18

loyalroyaldaz
We Move On

Hi Brendan Rodgers.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 08 Jan 2016 15:22

I think selling Blackman is a really poor decision and one that reflects badly on BMcD. You can effectively kiss goodbye to this season and probably next.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 08 Jan 2016 15:27

*raises eyebrows

but agreed that it doesn't look good

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 08 Jan 2016 15:42

melonhead he's clearly listened to complaints about "we move on" cos now he says things like " our focus is now on the next game" instead

Shame no one at the Club listened about getting rid of the PA-over Xmas he wasn't on duty and I thought we had got rid of him-then he came back for the Brizzie game.
Oh and to keep on the thread-I am gutted about Blackman going.
So based on Hal's money he is on £35k(?) a week-how much are Derby paying him -could'nt we match that ?
I also think it's a big mistake on his/agents part him moving on-like Pierce he will end up on the bench/reserves/moved down a club.
Its just his mental mind-set , it's taken him three (?) years to settle in with us-and the same thing will happen at Derby-who wont be as patient with him.
He won't be easy to replace-I think he was on for 25 plus goals this season & its a long time since we have had anyone to match that.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 08 Jan 2016 15:48

Terminal Boardom I think selling Blackman is a really poor decision and one that reflects badly on BMcD. You can effectively kiss goodbye to this season and probably next.

Tbf Brian pretty much said it was out of his hands and nailed on before he even arrived

Blackman didn't want to sign a new contract and the club didn't want to lose him for free. Not much Brian could really do.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 Jan 2016 15:55

I genuinely don't feel bad about Blackman going. I can't put my finger on it,
but something has just not been quite right with the team this season, even
when we won 6 or whatever on the trot.

We started solid-defence and pinching games. Most thought the 5-1 v Ipswich
flattered us, but we were odd in the way we often scored first, often twice
and then became an ordinary side, often hanging on.

I really think something was (or is) really "off" in the team dynamic.

It looked like McShane would get 5-10 goals as CB, and he was a superstar CB
then he became ordinary. Then add in Williams, blaming everybody, including me
when he made a poor pass.

Two players Williams-Blackman who may be excellent individuals but they weaken the team-machine

I hark back to the Everton game when I thought for at least a half we had a beautiful well-oils combination in midfield

We sometimes play like a Sunday league side. There are moments when you can see a pattern but a lot
of the time, it's "play a bit" then give it to either Blackman or Williams, both of whom seemed then to want
to win the game on their own,

Under someone like Alex Fergusson who'd kick their egotistical butt all round the MadStad
they could both be fabulous... but frankly I'd rather a reliable team that we know will get
X and Y, usually getting us to think the team is greater than the sum of its parts.

IMO with Blackman and-or Williams (despite their undoubted talent)
this team is LESS THAN the sum of its parts, and there's the rub

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 08 Jan 2016 15:57

Westwood52
melonhead he's clearly listened to complaints about "we move on" cos now he says things like " our focus is now on the next game" instead

Shame no one at the Club listened about getting rid of the PA-over Xmas he wasn't on duty and I thought we had got rid of him-then he came back for the Brizzie game.
Oh and to keep on the thread-I am gutted about Blackman going.
So based on Hal's money he is on £35k(?) a week-how much are Derby paying him -could'nt we match that ?
I also think it's a big mistake on his/agents part him moving on-like Pierce he will end up on the bench/reserves/moved down a club.
Its just his mental mind-set , it's taken him three (?) years to settle in with us-and the same thing will happen at Derby-who wont be as patient with him.
He won't be easy to replace-I think he was on for 25 plus goals this season & its a long time since we have had anyone to match that.

I'm going to try and not be too harsh on you here. All I'll say is that everything you've written above is complete bullshit.

Extended-Phenotype
Terminal Boardom I think selling Blackman is a really poor decision and one that reflects badly on BMcD. You can effectively kiss goodbye to this season and probably next.

Tbf Brian pretty much said it was out of his hands and nailed on before he even arrived

Blackman didn't want to sign a new contract and the club didn't want to lose him for free. Not much Brian could really do.

What are you talking about? As if you've got some kind of insider's info that we don't and you're able to accept it just like that

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 08 Jan 2016 16:04

Snowball I genuinely don't feel bad about Blackman going. I can't put my finger on it,
but something has just not been quite right with the team this season, even
when we won 6 or whatever on the trot.

We started solid-defence and pinching games. Most thought the 5-1 v Ipswich
flattered us, but we were odd in the way we often scored first, often twice
and then became an ordinary side, often hanging on.

I really think something was (or is) really "off" in the team dynamic.

It looked like McShane would get 5-10 goals as CB, and he was a superstar CB
then he became ordinary. Then add in Williams, blaming everybody, including me
when he made a poor pass.

Two players Williams-Blackman who may be excellent individuals but they weaken the team-machine

I hark back to the Everton game when I thought for at least a half we had a beautiful well-oils combination in midfield

We sometimes play like a Sunday league side. There are moments when you can see a pattern but a lot
of the time, it's "play a bit" then give it to either Blackman or Williams, both of whom seemed then to want
to win the game on their own,

Under someone like Alex Fergusson who'd kick their egotistical butt all round the MadStad
they could both be fabulous... but frankly I'd rather a reliable team that we know will get
X and Y, usually getting us to think the team is greater than the sum of its parts.

+ 1

Both can bet accommodated, and perhaps both SHOULD be accommodated. But losing them for good money wouldn't be the end of the world.

My threads on our formation dilemma showed that by playing Blackman we immediately had to withdraw Vydra and McCleary.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 08 Jan 2016 16:15

John Smith What are you talking about? As if you've got some kind of insider's info that we don't and you're able to accept it just like that

Put the gun down flapper, I'm just paraphrasing what McD said in a Get Reading article along with other public domain shiz on the subject

Not claiming Bri whispered it to me in bed or anything

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 08 Jan 2016 16:49

Extended-Phenotype
John Smith What are you talking about? As if you've got some kind of insider's info that we don't and you're able to accept it just like that

Put the gun down flapper, I'm just paraphrasing what McD said in a Get Reading article along with other public domain shiz on the subject

Not claiming Bri whispered it to me in bed or anything

He's more a groaner

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 08 Jan 2016 17:33

Westwood52 So based on Hal's money he is on £35k(?) a week-how much are Derby paying him -could'nt we match that ?

he's on nothing like that.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 08 Jan 2016 18:17

Charlie Boy in the EP has totally missed the point of offloading Blackman.

Without him, the team will perform much better. We've scuttled the rotten apple in the barrel and now have the freedom to play to Vydra's (and Sa's) strengths.

Better unity as a team, playing to a formation which will suit us better. 10 wins on the spin coming up. :roll:

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 08 Jan 2016 18:56

Dick Habbin's hairdo wrote:
Charlie Boy in the EP has totally missed the point of offloading Blackman.

Without him, the team will perform much better. We've scuttled the rotten apple in the barrel and now have the freedom to play to Vydra's (and Sa's) strengths.

Better unity as a team, playing to a formation which will suit us better. 10 wins on the spin coming up. :roll:

Yeah, sounds like he's got the right hump about it all. Still, at the end of the day, that's his opinion. In the EP poll, two thirds of voters are currently saying it was the right decision. It's happened Charlie Boy. Get over it :roll:

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 08 Jan 2016 18:57

I think CW is a pretty decent journalist in terms of covering Reading F.C, certainly some way ahead of Messrs Dellor, Gooding and Williams. So I'm surprised on his view on the Blackman transfer. If you look at the deal in reverse then would we be happy in paying £3.5m for a half season loan for Nick Blackman ? Given the time left on his contract this is a surprisingly high sum of money to be offered and so very hard to refuse.
For the record, I don't but into any of the bad attitude stuff with Blackman either. In fact quite the opposite. He has put a shift in wherever he plays and I'm sure he'd have continued do so even if he'd stayed with a view to leaving in the summer. The fact is he would have left anyway and this is a very, very good deal.
The ambition of the club will best be defined by what they do with the money...

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 08 Jan 2016 23:07

Snowball

to win the game on their own.

Agree with all this Snowball

We haven't looked the same since Williams returned to a starting spot and I have struggled to put my finger on it. There is no doubt he adds a huge amount in his constant effort and he runs around and closes down more than any others. But there's something not quite right and things just don't seem to gel.

I won't miss Blackman and if Willams goes I won't miss him either. I believe the team will function better without them.

898 posts