Something wrong at the club?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Something wrong at the club?

by winchester_royal » 18 Jan 2016 18:38

'Cretinous' - a word that accurately sums up just about everything I read/hear about Reading FC at the moment.

I am one of those who is drifting away from the club right now, and I can honestly say that my reasons for this are nothing to do with the Thais, the players, or Brian himself (who I'm actually pleased to see back in charge), but are instead mostly surrounding the behaviour of the fans, who can't wait to get on the players backs at home, and are increasingly thug like when travelling. The football club has lost its soul, and the fans are as much to blame for that as anyone.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 18 Jan 2016 18:48

Ian Royal
percy_freeman Must be if HRK gets on the teamsheet every week.
Vydra hasn't performed but we keep getting told he will....he's had half a oxf*rd season so thats a waste of 1.25 million.
Sa hasn't gained an attitude and become crap overnight, he should be playing
Oh, Ian Royal, we haven't just lost one game.

No you're right, under Clarke we lost lots. Under McDermott we're doing better, in fact prior to MK our trend was improving. So lets wait for a reasonable sample size before spitting our dummies, yeah.

Hmmm. Clarke helped get Reading to their first FA Cup semi-final in 88 years last season. They were on the verge of the play-offs when he was sacked this season. Just prior to his departure and the Fulham debacle many Reading fans were quite positive of the season ahead with some good performances, especially against the divisions so called better sides.

Since then Reading have slipped down the table. Granted there was an interim period where McDermott wasn't in charge, but doing better? The only game of note you played well in was Derby away. Even in the victory over Bristol at home Reading were shambolic.

McDermotts record since his return

P 7
W 2
D 2
L 3

F 6
A 7

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 18 Jan 2016 19:04

Clarke has us 2nd after the Charlton game then everything just went downhill, his record since the Charlton win was 1-3-4, or 6 out of a possible 30, he had us on a downward trend and was looking to jump ship.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Jan 2016 19:05

Ian Royal
Vydra hasn't performed but we keep getting told he will....he's had half a oxf*rd season so thats a waste of 1.25 million.

No you're right, under Clarke we lost lots. Under McDermott we're doing better, in fact prior to MK our trend was improving. So lets wait for a reasonable sample size before spitting our dummies, yeah.

Apart from the Derby highlight (still spoilt by some appalling defending) was the trend really improving? I certainly don't think the quality of football was improving.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Jan 2016 21:01

RoyalBlue
Ian Royal

Apart from the Derby highlight (still spoilt by some appalling defending) was the trend really improving? I certainly don't think the quality of football was improving.

See the McDermott thread.

But yes, it was. Even taking McDermott's first 4 and Clarke's last four
Clarke LWLL, F3, A7, Pts 3
BMcD WLLW F3, A3, Pts 6

Of course the sample size is too small to make any sort of intelligent judgement. Because McDermott hasn't been in charge long enough.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Jan 2016 21:03

Astronomical levels of hoofwanking bunglecuntery on the board recently

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 18 Jan 2016 21:57

paultheroyal Ah, we are not winning games so there must be something wrong bollocks thread.

Chairman picking the team. Chief ball boy who is sassimas grandson is having an impact on tactics.

Get a grip. We have not got a great team. Indifferent. Tactics. We are crap. We will win games, we will lose games. We go again.... But hey lets blame shareholders number 3 best mate looking at Brian the wrong way which affects team performance!!

Paula, you know I don't like you much, but I agree with what you're saying.

This team board is becoming absurd every passing year.....

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 18 Jan 2016 22:32

Ian Royal

such short memories ..

JIM

by JIM » 18 Jan 2016 22:34

QPR sell AUSTIN replaced within 4 days Washington
Reading sell Blackman replaced within ???? days dont hold your breath.

JIM

by JIM » 18 Jan 2016 22:38

6 months ago we screwed DERBY we should have done it again.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 18 Jan 2016 22:54

winchester_royal 'Cretinous' - a word that accurately sums up just about everything I read/hear about Reading FC at the moment.

I am one of those who is drifting away from the club right now, and I can honestly say that my reasons for this are nothing to do with the Thais, the players, or Brian himself (who I'm actually pleased to see back in charge), but are instead mostly surrounding the behaviour of the fans, who can't wait to get on the players backs at home, and are increasingly thug like when travelling. The football club has lost its soul, and the fans are as much to blame for that as anyone.

I'm not sure what it's down to but I don't think the owners or the board have shown much ambition. They expected SC to work a miracle wth no budget and clearly expected him or Hammond to cut the wage bill. All things considered we didn't look too bad this season and everyone was in a buoyant mood with the signings when we flying high. Everyone was upset with a dip in form but it was the board who allowed Fulham to approach SC which has destabilised the club and effectively wrote off the season. For every BM fan there is someone who thinks its a backward step by the club causing a divide ..

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 18 Jan 2016 22:55

JIM QPR sell AUSTIN replaced within 4 days Washington
Reading sell Blackman replaced within ???? days dont hold your breath.

They settled SC's contract !

stl_royal

by stl_royal » 18 Jan 2016 22:59

Longhorn1970
winchester_royal
Longhorn1970
Derby got mullered by average brum at weekend ..

Derby are 3rd in the table..

Yep, and they tanked at home to a mediocre side, talk is that if we had a striker we would have comfortably won that game so 3rd is flattering don't you think ..

Based on this something must be wrong at Derby too... :roll:

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 18 Jan 2016 23:03

Derby are 3rd in the table..[/quote]

Yep, and they tanked at home to a mediocre side, talk is that if we had a striker we would have comfortably won that game so 3rd is flattering don't you think ..[/quote]

Based on this something must be wrong at Derby too... :roll:[/quote]

I don't suppose they're happy dropping 4 points at home nor would we be ! ...

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 18 Jan 2016 23:28

LWJ
tmesis
andrew1957 I know I will get labelled a conspiracy theorist and so forth but something seems to be wrong behind the scenes this season.

On paper we had probably the best ever assembled RFC squad at the start of this season

Hands up those who believed this was, even on paper, the best ever RFC squad.

Anyone? Anyone?

Just you then Andrew.

I agree there is something wrong at the club though. The players aren't very good.

I think it was one of our best ever. :|

It should beggar belief that anyone would disagree (fcuk knows which ones they think compare other than the 106 and the season that followed :| ) but nothing surprises any more with the twats who support this club......................

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 19 Jan 2016 09:51

Vydra has performed, he's just not taken enough of his chances to have the goals his performances have warrented or that we really want from him.

If Sa is being ruled out for whatever reason (fitness, ability, pending departure or just McDermott not fancying him) then there really isn't much alternative to playing Vydra.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 19 Jan 2016 11:56

tmesis
andrew1957 I know I will get labelled a conspiracy theorist and so forth but something seems to be wrong behind the scenes this season.

On paper we had probably the best ever assembled RFC squad at the start of this season

Hands up those who believed this was, even on paper, the best ever RFC squad.

Anyone? Anyone?

Just you then Andrew.

I agree there is something wrong at the club though. The players aren't very good.

I felt it was arguably the best squad we have ever assembled in the Championship, with the exception of the keeper.

I haven't changed my mind since, the most common problem in football is that XI talented players doesn't make a team.

FWIW I thought we were in danger of a relegation dog fight before the 106 season!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Jan 2016 12:08

Well at least that's your judgement in good context then.

russyb

by russyb » 19 Jan 2016 14:12

winchester_royal 'Cretinous' - a word that accurately sums up just about everything I read/hear about Reading FC at the moment.

I agree with you on this (apart from me drifting away from the club). It is what I call the Instant generation. Instantly want results, instantly want gratification and instantly aggrieved if things don't go their way, instant knee jerk reactions. Give it time people

stl_royal

by stl_royal » 19 Jan 2016 15:22

Longhorn1970 Derby are 3rd in the table..

Yep, and they tanked at home to a mediocre side, talk is that if we had a striker we would have comfortably won that game so 3rd is flattering don't you think ..[/quote]

Based on this something must be wrong at Derby too... :roll:[/quote]

I don't suppose they're happy dropping 4 points at home nor would we be ! ...[/quote]

No doubt they aren't happy with those results, but I'd hardly call their position flattering at this stage in the season.