BFTG Wolves

225 posts
windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Wolves

by windermere_royal » 07 Feb 2016 11:54

Anybody that thought it was hoofball yesterday wasn`t at the same stadium as me. I`m not McDermotts greatest fan but I don`t try to see something that wasn`t there.
However I do have a few issues about the game. throw ins, bloody well move about and make yourself available to the thrower. and one incident that happened in the 2nd half had me scratching my head.
Wolves get a direct free kick 25 yards out, Henry stands over it. we set up a THREE man wall virtually giving him a free shot at goal which Al Habsi saved well.
Also I thought it was a reasonable performance from us, Wolves never really tested us apart from the awful sequence of defending in the 2nd half, on another day with luck we could have run out comfortable winners.
But we need to step up to the next level to get anything next Saturday.
Last edited by windermere_royal on 07 Feb 2016 12:48, edited 1 time in total.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 07 Feb 2016 12:13

RoyalBlue
Muskrat Two bang average teams playing out a drab game in awful conditions. Not much more to say. Don't judge Brian this season, next season will be the telling one.

Oh, deep joy! Nothing at all to look forward to there then. :cry: Two seasons of wasted opportunities, we will now see all our real talent offloaded and replaced with bargain basement 'buys' who play with a 'togetherness' but little else. Togetherness should be the finishing touch, not the starting point. Our drop from the PL last time around proved that 'togetherness' is just not enough.

U seem to talk alot. But have nothing at all to say. You would fit in well on AE

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 07 Feb 2016 12:16

loyalroyal4life
P!ssed Off It's no surprise the FA Cup tickets are so cheap and they're giving away tickets to Rotherham.
Who would pay full price to watch this rubbish?

Even Charlton away for a fiver is looking like a total rip-off.

Amen

Change of user name required

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 07 Feb 2016 12:22

Having endured Ipswich earlier in the week yesterday did not look a whole lot different - certainly the weather was no better!.

Norwood and Cooper looked poor again, if he is fit we should be playing Ferdinand - we looked more solid at the start of the season when he played alongside McShane.

I was pleased when Brian came back but have been disappointed by his recent post match comments - even if he is not sure quite what he is 'looking for' at the moment he needs to be a bit more cute in front of the microphone else he will continue to provide ammunition for his critics.

Only bright spot was ' Deniss the Menance' who looked quite useful in his brief cameo appearance

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 07 Feb 2016 12:25

loyalroyaldaz Brian will ruin Norwood as he did Guthrie.
No room in one of his teams for cultured and inventive football. Hoof it forward and if we get on the end of great if we dont then hopefully we get the second ball of we dont look out cos Gunts or Obita will get roasted on the break.
Thats a game plan.
We move on.

Bears no resemblance to how weve played it under brian. But u keep crying about imaginary shit.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 07 Feb 2016 12:42

I don't think it was hoofball yesterday - we tried it a couple of times, and considering Kermorgant was winning headers, I don't see a problem. But otherwise we were passing it up the field.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Feb 2016 12:59

Lot of moany nonsense being posted by people seeing what they expect to see, not what's actually there.

Have a listen to yourselves for crissakes.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 07 Feb 2016 13:02

Where the f*ck is this idea we're hoofing it coming from? It's all any of divs on BBC Berks were saying yesterday too

If anything our problem is we're too slow moving it through the middle, and we're playing it out the back pretty well

Is it just people defaulting to same complaints as last time or something equally dim?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 07 Feb 2016 13:09

Yep exactly that JMW. I do wonder if these "fans" actually go to games and then witness what they want to witness to come on here and moan albeit "hoof", "referee" or "move on".

The problem is exactly as you describe. Decent footballers in this team but it's to slow and laboured. Need to press more and when we have the ball move it quicker, run at players etc. Surely they should have the Ipswich home game on repeat!!

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 07 Feb 2016 14:46

The game was utterly devoid of any of the things that motivate football fans to go to games.
I love your Brian, but can you chuck us at least one bone before the end of the season? (Preferably more, if Im being selfish.)
And can we sh1t or get off the pot please? Either play 2 up front side by side or put 5 actual midfielders into your 5 man midfield. Not sure how many more times this season Vydra is going to disappoint in the 'sort of a forward, sort of a midfielder, but not really either' role. Can we just shut down that experiment now?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 07 Feb 2016 15:00

loyalroyaldaz Brian will ruin Norwood as he did Guthrie.

Of all the stupid things said about Brian on here claiming he ruined Guthrie pretty much takes the biscuit

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 07 Feb 2016 15:03

Terrible game in difficult conditions.

Comments about McDermott are just embarrassing. No idea what our fans have against him, it's almost like they've forgotten how utterly shit we were under Adkins (who was supposed to take us to the next tactical LOLeveLOL) and Clarke.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 07 Feb 2016 15:32

Maguire Terrible game in difficult conditions.

Comments about McDermott are just embarrassing. No idea what our fans have against him, it's almost like they've forgotten how utterly shit we were under Adkins (who was supposed to take us to the next tactical LOLeveLOL) and Clarke.

Not really much to compare to is it really, seeing as our FL record for the past 1/2 yes is quite frankly, abysmal.
Brian openly admitted he is still searching as to how to get the best out of the current team yesterday, admitting half the squad are upper champ bordering prem players but he doesn't know why they can't play or be successful.
Honestly Maguire, Were you satisfied by the performance yesterday?

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 07 Feb 2016 16:33

I just don't get all the negativity. The conditions yesterday were dreadful which did not help, but it was a hard fought and competitive game - with a draw being about right. I seem to be in a small minority but I enjoyed it.

Compared to the last 20 league games of last season it was markedly better. The main difference to me is that at least the players looked to be trying. Last season they gave up on the league completely and just concentrated on the Cup games - at least until Derby away last game when they were very good. But yesterday all 11 tried hard and gave their all against a similar standard team.

And since BM became manager again we seem to have mainly played better teams whereas after Burnley we have a run of games against lower ranked teams. I would back us to get a few wins and then things will look much more positive.

Judge BM next season by all means once the loans have gone and he has (hopefully) been allowed to build a squad - but to judge his this season when it was effectively all over before he took charge is ridiculous.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 07 Feb 2016 16:57

But it wasn't effectively over when he took charge.

Plus sat in the North stand seeing a couple of speculative long range efforts in the first half and one save by Ikeme in the second. I for one did not enjoy it. Overall it wasn't a good performance. Brian himself admitted it so why can't others?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Feb 2016 17:01

royalp-we But it wasn't effectively over when he took charge.

Plus sat in the North stand seeing a couple of speculative long range efforts in the first half and one save by Ikeme in the second. I for one did not enjoy it. Overall it wasn't a good performance. Brian himself admitted it so why can't others?

Who's fault is it if you don't see half of what is going on in front of you ?
You missed Norwood's really good strike from the edge of the box that shaved the outside of the post and Kermogant's two efforts that narrowly missed the target.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 07 Feb 2016 17:32

Well if they were on target I wouldn't be moaning about having so little on target to trouble Ikeme :lol:

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 07 Feb 2016 17:35

royalp-we Well if they were on target I wouldn't be moaning about having so little on target to trouble Ikeme :lol:

Surely you didn't miss HRK's side footed back pass (I mean shot) to Ikeme? :D

Cookie

by Cookie » 07 Feb 2016 17:44

RG7Fan Thought HRK looked good (in my view I think he has looked quite good all season).
Ref - was crap.
Al-Habsi - made a couple of great saves.
Agree on Vydra - seemed to just want to pass it straight back.
Williams - uuggghhh. Just pass the oxf*rd ball before you lose it!!
Cooper - weak today.
Ref - pants.

And in wind like today if after kicking the ball in the air over and over and noticing that it gets blown everywhere why the oxf*rd would you continue to do the same? Get it on the ground and pass it around ffs!

Oh and have I mentioned that the ref was appalling?

Agree with that, specially the Williams comment.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Feb 2016 17:48

royalp-we Well if they were on target I wouldn't be moaning about having so little on target to trouble Ikeme :lol:

Stop moaning about minutiae then !
If you are a obsessed by stats then maybe baseball.
Otherwise maybe you could have joined in with the rest of the North stand who were on their feet as Norwood's shot went narrowly wide....

225 posts