How impressed are you with BMcD's return to the club?

2058 posts
No Fixed Abode

Re: How impressed are you with BMcD's return to the club?

by No Fixed Abode » 15 Mar 2016 16:36

genome Nigel Howe and the board were not happy with SC (a reliable source) Howe wanted shot of him and was waiting for an excuse to sack him after that and the poor form sealed it. Hardly a tenable working relationship between board and manager and one that would be likely to end up in promotion. No idea about the players but a) they aren't going to say as much to the media and b) look at the results during the whole saga. It clearly had an effect.

You didn't answer my question, by the way.

a RELIABLE source :lol:
That saga has finished now but results haven't really improved and you're 8 points off relegation. What's the excuse for that? :lol:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Mar 2016 16:42

You believe what you want. And as I keep saying, 3 losses in 11 Championship games is a improvement in results since Brian took over. Not sure how that's so complicated. :lol:

You still haven't answered my question.

Btw, Reading's recent league form is DWWDL, which isn't actually that bad.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 15 Mar 2016 17:50

No Fixed Abode
Extended-Phenotype Shouldn't SWP stil be playing at chelsea? Recent form not being important and that!

But you said recent form was important. Reading's recent form hasn't been very good. So surely you should be advocating the sacking of BM? As recent form suggests from your point of view suggests about a month.

Bit early to be sacking Brian, he's only just got here. Like I said, give him until Jan next season at least.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Mar 2016 17:51

No Fixed Abode
genome Nice try, and nicely dodged.

That's like saying music is subjective so therefore the album that sold the most is the best one.

Reaching number 2 has always been better than reaching number 11 in the charts.

It's not like reaching number 2 in the charts though is it. It's like having the second most sales on Monday, but then not selling anymore records for the rest of the week so you finish 19th come the actual charts being tallied.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 15 Mar 2016 18:15

Extended-Phenotype
No Fixed Abode
Extended-Phenotype Shouldn't SWP stil be playing at chelsea? Recent form not being important and that!

But you said recent form was important. Reading's recent form hasn't been very good. So surely you should be advocating the sacking of BM? As recent form suggests from your point of view suggests about a month.

Bit early to be sacking Brian, he's only just got here. Like I said, give him until Jan next season at least.

So you're now saying recent form doesn't matter. Make yer mind up.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 15 Mar 2016 18:21

Ian Royal
No Fixed Abode

That's like saying music is subjective so therefore the album that sold the most is the best one.

It's not like reaching number 2 in the charts though is it. It's like having the second most sales on Monday, but then not selling anymore records for the rest of the week so you finish 19th come the actual charts being tallied.

So BM has had a slow start to sales and gone down in the charts at present - but when his sales record does better we should see Reading climb to 2nd or 1st this season as things are 'improving'........

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 15 Mar 2016 18:36

No Fixed Abode
Extended-Phenotype
No Fixed Abode

No, recent form does matter

But like I said it's a bit early to be sacking Brian, he's only just got here, I'd give him until Jan next season at least

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Mar 2016 19:11

Extended-Phenotype
No Fixed Abode
Extended-Phenotype

No, recent form does matter

But like I said it's a bit early to be sacking Brian, he's only just got here, I'd give him until Jan next season at least

TBF you did have a wild slash at one of Kes' wides, it's only fair you walk now he's managed to hold the catch from you effectively saying that recent form is all that matters earlier.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 15 Mar 2016 19:17

I have no idea what those words in that order mean.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Mar 2016 19:32

Extended-Phenotype I have no idea what those words in that order mean.

You walked into his trap earlier, by answering his question about what matters with just 'recent form'.

Kes But what about PPG this season? Even Burnley had a poor run of form this season. Do we judge Dyche on the poor run or where they are now?

Extended-Phenotype Recent form

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 15 Mar 2016 20:55

Ian Royal
No Fixed Abode

Interesting analogy but sadly of no relevance to our lowly position now

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 15 Mar 2016 21:43

A quick look through the fixtures and I can see us with just one win to come

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Mar 2016 21:45

Longhorn1970
Ian Royal
No Fixed Abode

Interesting analogy but sadly of no relevance to our lowly position now

Yes, I agree Kes' analogy was total cack.

taipairoyal

by taipairoyal » 15 Mar 2016 21:58

So far so good, but stop this obsession with the the foreign imports and give more of our youngsters a chance.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 15 Mar 2016 22:20

If we end up less than 5 points from the bottom 3 come the summer then I think Brian should go. This squad should be much higher than they are let alone being dragged into a relegation scrap.

We are not a more solid team.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 15 Mar 2016 22:37

We gave Adkins and Clarke the benefit of the doubt when they took over and couldn't get results. It wasn't their team we all said. When it was their team the results didn't improve.

Now we've come full circle and Brian is back and now we've got to give him time to build his squad again

Why don't we A) hire a manager that can work with the existing squad and B) stop letting managers spend our money until they have proven themselves?

I'm pissed off that we seem to be in a position where we're completely rebuilding our squad every summer to suit different managers. The whole idea of a director of football / chief exec is to give the club an identity and make sure all players and coaching staff signed are aligned to that (e.g. Swansea, Southampton) so we're not facing a re-build every time the manager changes.

thirtyyarder

by thirtyyarder » 15 Mar 2016 23:26

taipairoyal So far so good, but stop this obsession with the the foreign imports and give more of our youngsters a chance.

Textbook

msmivie

by msmivie » 16 Mar 2016 06:38

After the defeat at Brighton last night, Brian McDermott's record in Champioship matches since his return reads:- Played 15. Won. 3. Drawn 5. Lost. 7. Points. 14
Could we still get relegated?

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 16 Mar 2016 07:14

Its symptomatic of the whole club right now. What direction is it going in? Seemingly we have players who have their eyes elsewhere, some that dont want to be here and some that dont know where they will be next year.
We are not privy to what is going on in the background but clearly something is amiss. I wont have that individually this squad isnt good enough to be challenging for promotion.
Is it just me or have the Thais gone very quiet since the Royal Elm Park development has gone public and the planning applications went it in?
As fans we are uncertain of their intentions and maybe its the same for the players and staff?
This summer will possibly define the future of the club moreso than many others and it cant come quick enough right now.
We all love Reading FC but it has been hard to watch the last couple of years except the odd match or two.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 16 Mar 2016 07:27

Very true about the Thais there is nothing fom them now, of course there will be if their development plaans get kicked out......hopefully !!

2058 posts