32%
Ian Royal
8%

Total votes: 130
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Would you take Vydra permanently?

by genome » 13 Apr 2016 12:41

Interesting reading these poll results considering. Wonder if many of those who voted yes would change their minds now? Or who would still take him permanently?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 13 Apr 2016 12:43

I voted no and I'll stick to that!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 13 Apr 2016 13:15

61% voted YES :lol:

Given that we at least got a return on the disastrous signings Halford and Fae I'd venture that Vydra has been our worst value fo money signing EVER :lol:

Did Brian praise him for 'working hard' again yesterday? :| The bare minimum requirement from a player, but i guess Brian has to defend the ludicrous policy to continuing fielding a flop who aint gonna be here next season :!:

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 13 Apr 2016 15:03

floyd__streete 61% voted YES :lol:

Given that we at least got a return on the disastrous signings Halford and Fae I'd venture that Vydra has been our worst value fo money signing EVER :lol:

Did Brian praise him for 'working hard' again yesterday? :| The bare minimum requirement from a player, but i guess Brian has to defend the ludicrous policy to continuing fielding a flop who aint gonna be here next season :!:

Extremely good posting there. A lot of people need to get real methinks

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 13 Apr 2016 15:12

Well I'm stubbornly sticking to my YES. We should take Vydra permenently. He is a star player!

At some point his confidence will return and he'll be unstoppable.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 13 Apr 2016 15:20

Tim dellor is right though.

Vyrda has been an utter shambles and shouldn’t be playing. Missing opportunities week in week out like he has doesn’t just hurt the scoreline or damage his confidence, it affects the entire team, their performance on the day, and their confidence going forwards.

He just should not be playing and should not have been playing for a long time.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 13 Apr 2016 15:21

Extended-Phenotype Tim dellor is right though.

Vyrda has been an utter shambles and shouldn’t be playing. Missing opportunities week in week out like he has doesn’t just hurt the scoreline or damage his confidence, it affects the entire team, their performance on the day, and their confidence going forwards.

Great post

Top Flight Well I'm stubbornly sticking to my YES. We should take Vydra permenently. He is a star player!

Shit post

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 13 Apr 2016 15:33

Vydra was dropped.
he only played last night cos kermo was injured...

& id rather damage his confidence than samuels or any other youth option.

agree though that if we can afford to (if there isn't a clause that costs us a lot of money if he doesn't play-and wed like that money for next year, for instance) and we have some other options, then he certainly shouldn't play. imo

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Apr 2016 17:58

Maneki Neko Vydra was dropped.
he only played last night cos kermo was injured...

& id rather damage his confidence than samuels or any other youth option.

agree though that if we can afford to (if there isn't a clause that costs us a lot of money if he doesn't play-and wed like that money for next year, for instance) and we have some other options, then he certainly shouldn't play. imo

If HRK was fit I doubt he would be playing.

John, Cox, HRK would be an option.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 15 Apr 2016 09:44

after Johns last two shambolic sub appearances im starting to fall out of love with the boy

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Apr 2016 17:20

Maneki Neko after Johns last two shambolic sub appearances im starting to fall out of love with the boy

To me, it's just as expected from John. He's gotta great skill and potential, but no idea how to utilise it regularly and needs to knuckle down. I actually think McDermott has a good chance of getting the best out of him. It's a different beast to Kebe, but I see some parallels and McDermott did a great job there. Long too maybe. So whilst I am frequently frustrated by him and don't necessarily rate his performance this season, I think he's well worth pursuing. Because the potential reward is really big.

I also think that as part of a forward three, his selfishness and limited commitment to shape and defence are mitigated somewhat.

On the subject of Vydra, whilst I'm still a pretty big fan and think he's very talented, I'm no longer interested in him being signed up even if affordable. He's shown just too much prolonged mental weakness for me now. He is causing his own problems, with able help from the pressure mounted on him from expectations and certain sections of the fanbase and media.

I want him to come out and just go at a game, shrugging off when things go wrong and just keep plugging away. Whilst he still works hard for the team and doesn't hide, every time anything goes wrong his body language shows his attitude is so defeatist. He's reinforcing his own poor form. I don't think he's capable of recapturing his form at this club under any circumstances. And I think he's going to struggle to do it anywhere without a big confidence boost which is going to have to come totally fortuitously.

That's not to say I think we should necessarily drop him completely. Our alternatives are still utter dogshite.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 15 Apr 2016 17:27

Form is temporary but class is permanent.
Quality player who has failed to deliver this season. Hopelessly out of form and low on confidence.
No reason he couldnt come back next season and score 25 goals for us.
Price has to right i agree but the quality he possesses is not readily a available. Still the best Striker at the Club imho...

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Apr 2016 21:25

John Smith
Extended-Phenotype Tim dellor is right though.

Great post

Top Flight Well I'm stubbornly sticking to my YES. We should take Vydra permenently. He is a star player!

Shit post

:oops: Pub bore.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Apr 2016 21:42

Wrttop....offer Watford his current market price £100k? ( :wink: )

Build him back up.....another £6m closed summer profit sell off for the developers

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 15 Apr 2016 22:41

Ian Royal I want him to come out and just go at a game, shrugging off when things go wrong and just keep plugging away. Whilst he still works hard for the team and doesn't hide,

To be fair to the guy he does. Unlike John who sulks and loses focus.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Apr 2016 02:23

Right now there are too many who are stuck in the automatic mode of defending Vydra no matter how useless he is. In a few months when he's gone those defending him will admit that it was a bad move and he was dreadful for us. That's not happening at the moment because his supporters just don't want to be wrong despite his very obvious shortcomings.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Apr 2016 06:06

You haven't actually read what people are saying have you?

At all.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 16 Apr 2016 08:58

sandman Right now there are too many who are stuck in the automatic mode of defending Vydra no matter how useless he is. In a few months when he's gone those defending him will admit that it was a bad move and he was dreadful for us. That's not happening at the moment because his supporters just don't want to be wrong despite his very obvious shortcomings.

God help us when the youngsters start coming through. There'll have shortcomings in abundance.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 16 Apr 2016 09:31

My position on Vydra is changing.

I will defend him because he gives 100% and he has obvious qualities that cannot be ignored. But we mustn't buy him at any cost.

Spending two or three million on him in the summer would be an unacceptable risk in my opinion if he were to have a similar season next year as the one we've just witnessed. With Dellor constantly on his back and an impatient section of our support breathing down his neck combined with Vydra's clear mental weakness there is a high chance he could be overwhelmed again.

He is only worth a £500K punt in the summer because the risk of him underperforming again is too high. He needs to be moved on for a low transfer fee otherwise the weight of expectation on his shoulders that are burdened by a high transfer fee will just crush the poor guy.

He is a very promising talent, but flawed on many levels.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 16 Apr 2016 09:38

Trouble is, its hard to see if it's just shot confidence or a more permanent loss of form. We all hoped, considering the fee, it was the former and that it would have been resolved by now.

It hasnt, and is that just bad luck (not getting the breaks) or diminished ability? Signs are its the latter.

137 posts