Sack The Manager... REALLY?!

191 posts
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Sack The Manager... REALLY?!

by Lower West » 20 Apr 2016 21:30

Maneki Neko is there any evidence of them being willing to throw development profit into the football team?

Football is a business. To compete in the Championship now requires a sustainable business model. Gate receipts and merchandise sales alone aren't sufficient. The Thai's could have bought any number of football clubs if that was their sole aim, i.e. to own one as a trophy.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Apr 2016 10:21

I don't necessarily think Brian should have/need a massive budget, in fact he's always worked well on modest budgets.

As long as there's something to work with, he doesn't need a pot of gold.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 21 Apr 2016 10:23

genome I don't necessarily think Brian should have/need a massive budget, in fact he's always worked well on modest budgets.

As long as there's something to work with, he doesn't need a pot of gold.

I'm not sure who you expect him to bring him that will improve the squad for £nil ? ..

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Apr 2016 10:25

Show me where I said £0 :?:

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 21 Apr 2016 10:28

The problem is it is getting harder each season to get out of this league.
The teams that come down from the prem have an obvious advantage financially and unless you are prepared to put some big money in then you are going to struggle. Ita an awful situation but thats the way it is now. Our 106 team was magnificent but 10 years ago now and the 2012 team was good but in all honesty was never ever going to stay up.
Brian did wel then and you cannot deny him that but i believe this time round his tried and tested method wont work....

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 21 Apr 2016 10:33

genome Show me where I said £0 :?:

There will be £nil available, unless we sell, I suspect Jake Cooper will be a target for some so could make a few £m there but a replacement would be tricky, Mcshane hasn't got much left to give and Ferdinand is finished ..

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Apr 2016 10:34

Longhorn1970 Mcshane hasn't got much left to give

:lol: :lol:

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 21 Apr 2016 10:35

loyalroyaldaz The problem is it is getting harder each season to get out of this league.
The teams that come down from the prem have an obvious advantage financially and unless you are prepared to put some big money in then you are going to struggle. Ita an awful situation but thats the way it is now. Our 106 team was magnificent but 10 years ago now and the 2012 team was good but in all honesty was never ever going to stay up.
Brian did wel then and you cannot deny him that but i believe this time round his tried and tested method wont work....

+1

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 21 Apr 2016 10:36

There really is no hope with you around is there Longhorn.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 21 Apr 2016 11:42

Lower West
Maneki Neko is there any evidence of them being willing to throw development profit into the football team?

Football is a business. To compete in the Championship now requires a sustainable business model. Gate receipts and merchandise sales alone aren't sufficient. The Thai's could have bought any number of football clubs if that was their sole aim, i.e. to own one as a trophy.

isn't it possible that they couldn't give a monkeys about the team, and mostly just want to build on the site and then sell up taking all of th eprofit with them?

I agree they clearly haven't bought RFC to be any kind of trophy
lol at the very idea

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 21 Apr 2016 11:44

genome
Longhorn1970 Mcshane hasn't got much left to give

:lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 21 Apr 2016 13:40

loyalroyaldaz The problem is it is getting harder each season to get out of this league.

In what way are you qualified to say that Brian's managerial methods won't work any more?

Nigel Howe and Nick Hammond know how the club runs, they know what management methods work best within the structure of the club and how it operates and they chose Brian.

You are saying that Brian, a manager with a fantastic track record that ticks all the boxes and fulfills the recruitment criteria of Howe and Hammond, his methods won't work? Only one manager in the history of Reading football club, the 6th oldest football league club, can say that they have matched his achievements and gone one better and you think that Brian is not good enough for RFC?

One day there will be a golden statute of Brian outside the Megastore holding aloft the FA Cup.
Last edited by Top Flight on 21 Apr 2016 14:09, edited 1 time in total.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 21 Apr 2016 13:47

loyalroyaldaz i believe this time round his tried and tested method wont work....

You are illogical loyalroyaldaz.

You believe his TRIED AND TESTED method won't work?

It is TRIED, it is TESTED. It WORKED? Why wouldn't it work again? Would you prefer that we recruit a manager whose methods are untried and untested? Is that more or less likely to work?

It is so good that some of you helmets are not working in recruitment for your organisations. What an absolute shambles your recruitment policies would be. You're firms would be filled with a whole bunch of unqualified, unsuitable individuals.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 21 Apr 2016 16:17

Top Flight

In what way are you qualified to say that Brian's managerial methods won't work any more?

Nigel Howe and Nick Hammond know how the club runs, they know what management methods work best within the structure of the club and how it operates and they chose Brian.

You are saying that Brian, a manager with a fantastic track record that ticks all the boxes and fulfills the recruitment criteria of Howe and Hammond, his methods won't work? Only one manager in the history of Reading football club, the 6th oldest football league club, can say that they have matched his achievements and gone one better and you think that Brian is not good enough for RFC?

One day there will be a golden statute of Brian outside the Megastore holding aloft the FA Cup.

Just my opinion Brian...

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 21 Apr 2016 16:18

Top Flight
loyalroyaldaz i believe this time round his tried and tested method wont work....

It is TRIED, it is TESTED. It WORKED? Why wouldn't it work again? Would you prefer that we recruit a manager whose methods are untried and untested? Is that more or less likely to work?

It is so good that some of you helmets are not working in recruitment for your organisations. What an absolute shambles your recruitment policies would be. You're firms would be filled with a whole bunch of unqualified, unsuitable individuals.

I do recruit Bri and one rule i stand by is never employ a former employee.
They left for a reason remember....

Have a good day

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 21 Apr 2016 16:45

What was the reason?

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 21 Apr 2016 16:48

Top Flight What was the reason?

The majority would have been dissmissed for continued poor performance and a couple for a better paid job.
Once bitten and all that

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 21 Apr 2016 16:54

loyalroyaldaz
Top Flight What was the reason?

The majority would have been dissmissed for continued poor performance and a couple for a better paid job.
Once bitten and all that

In my opinion Brian was a victim of his own success.

The team didn't underperform in the Premier League. Their performances were the maximum that they could give.
The team struggled in the league because they were inferior players. Struggling with an inferior team does not make Brian a bad manager. If he had more time, he would have continued the good work that he was doing and would have continued to improve the squad. The side never went backwards during Brian's previous reign. The difference in class between Reading and the Premier League was too big a gulf for the club to bridge with that group of players. But always the answer is to sack the manager. If Brian had stayed and was not sacked back then we would not be in the shambolic state we are in now. We would have come down and then returned within 2 seasons.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 21 Apr 2016 18:07

loyalroyaldaz
Top Flight

I do recruit Bri and one rule i stand by is never employ a former employee.
They left for a reason remember....

Have a good day

Yep, they left because the bloke who sacked them was an incompetent little twerp who didn't have any of his own cash and therefore didn't give them the means to achieve their target.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 21 Apr 2016 19:35

Top Flight There really is no hope with you around is there Longhorn.

And you are our saviour ! Please ...

191 posts