BFTG . Brighton

123 posts
SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG . Brighton

by SCIAG » 21 Aug 2016 21:44

Kermogant showed why Stam's picking him. He's not the ideal striker but he's the best one we've got. A slightly better Lloyd Owusu.

Joey's looking more promising as a midfielder now, but I'd still rather have Evans there most of the time. Please let's not use him in defence again.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Aug 2016 22:11

sandman
McDermolenko
genome Do your work HNA

Bet Gunts and Pepe have saved that picture.

Gunts WhatsApp'd me a similar photo a few weeks ago.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Aug 2016 22:17

I'd like more spunk in that picture obviously.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Aug 2016 07:53

Obviously.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Aug 2016 08:18

I have to say that I'm very disappointed with Kermorgant.

Rosenior gave him a little elbow to the ribs which the referee should have punished but let go. So Yann decided to take justice into his own hands and as soon as Rosenior had the ball and Yann started sprinting after him, you could see exactly what was on Kermie's mind. A premeditated assault on a Brighton player. Yann should have got a straight red for that challenge. It was sickening really. He may have ended Rosenior's season. I thought Orlando was hot headed but Kermie, jeez.

A few minutes later, Sidwell landed one on the back of Kermie's head and Kermie just had to accept the punishment. He knew he deserved it and he knew that what he did moments earlier was horrible and much worse.

I hope Rosenior is alright. Kermie, you're a naughty boy. I don't like to see that sort of behaviour on the pitch from a Reading player. My little kid was watching that and he looks up to you footballers. When you behave like that these kids learn and take that behaviour on to the school playing fields. Set a better example in future Kerms and apologise to Rosenior.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 22 Aug 2016 08:30

Yup, you're right. Kermit is a very naughty boy. He should have accepted that when Rosenior clumped him, that no punishment was deserved that Rosenior didn't do ianything, at all. To attack Rosenior so viciously, perhaps trying to take the law into his own hands, was unforgivable. The ref,of course, gave him the appropriate punishment. A red card would have been too harsh,particularly after Joey was sent off after the Brighton player dived spectacularly to the ground after he touched his arm.

Fair punishments during a good game.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 Aug 2016 08:40

Top Flight I have to say that I'm very disappointed with Kermorgant.

Rosenior gave him a little elbow to the ribs which the referee should have punished but let go. So Yann decided to take justice into his own hands and as soon as Rosenior had the ball and Yann started sprinting after him, you could see exactly what was on Kermie's mind. A premeditated assault on a Brighton player. Yann should have got a straight red for that challenge. It was sickening really. He may have ended Rosenior's season. I thought Orlando was hot headed but Kermie, jeez.

A few minutes later, Sidwell landed one on the back of Kermie's head and Kermie just had to accept the punishment. He knew he deserved it and he knew that what he did moments earlier was horrible and much worse.

I hope Rosenior is alright. Kermie, you're a naughty boy. I don't like to see that sort of behaviour on the pitch from a Reading player. My little kid was watching that and he looks up to you footballers. When you behave like that these kids learn and take that behaviour on to the school playing fields. Set a better example in future Kerms and apologise to Rosenior.

top over reacting there !

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 22 Aug 2016 08:43

marlowuk Top of the league; unbeaten this season; not conceded a goal this season -

The booing of Norwood was unnecessary - he has been a good servant to the club
The Brighton fans outsang us
The Ref was very poor

Makes the result seem ever better when put like this.

Agree on the other points. People have said "he didn't do much for us", "he was average", "his comments when leaving were unneccessary". Well maybe but I really don't think he deserves the boo'ing or negativity. When you compare him to other horrible individuals who do deserve boos then maybe the distinction is clearer.

Sutekh Now just need an impressive striker from somewhere....

Are we even on the hunt for a striker? I agree we need a quality goal scorer but I just wonder if the JS is even looking or trying to sign one.

paultheroyal
GloucestershireRoyal All things considered, the result did not reflect how well we played against a Brighton side that was full of confidence. Disappointing performance.

This post confuses me.

Had I'm not alone on this, complete gobledegook.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Aug 2016 08:46

Regarding the game. It was a great game. I'm enjoying the work that Stam is doing with the team. Our tactics are definitely causing teams problems. Quite a few teams will trip up against us.

If we can keep adding quality players in the positions where we really need them and continue improving and developing our style of play then we should be able to stay up comfortably this year.

We're currently 4th from bottom and keeping our heads above the parapet. Another win needed soon, just to keep clear of the drop zone.

I have a feeling that we can get that win at Cardiff this coming Saturday.

CrowthorneRoyal

by CrowthorneRoyal » 22 Aug 2016 08:55

RoyalBlue
LWJ
marlowuk

The booing of Norwood was unnecessary - he has been a good servant to the club

2 seasons he was here for, 2 seasons of mediocre football we've had. who jumped ship as soon as someone came in for him. How was he a good servant?!

Need I remind anyone how many corners it took for us to score last year.. And the percentage he would have taken.

He had just one year left on his contract and, according to him, hadn't been offered a new one. So he decided to join a club who were offering him a good deal. Would you have done any different in that situation? Would you have preferred he sat tight, ran down his contract and left for nothing, rather than getting the club a decent fee? In the circumstances it now appears a win-win situation.

I sit in Lower West near where the players warm up. We clap the players as they come out to warm up and they clap back. We normally give a little clap to the ex-Reading players too and Norwood was no exception. He didnt even acknowledge us unlike most ex-players.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 22 Aug 2016 09:06

RoyalBlue He had just one year left on his contract and, according to him, hadn't been offered a new one. So he decided to join a club who were offering him a good deal. Would you have done any different in that situation? Would you have preferred he sat tight, ran down his contract and left for nothing, rather than getting the club a decent fee? In the circumstances it now appears a win-win situation.

I've put the most important part of your paragraph in bold. From all accounts a new contract had been informally discussed and he knew one was available but had stated he would sign after the transfer window had shut, he wanted a move and knew not signing a contract helped that along.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 Aug 2016 09:43

Top Flight Regarding the game. It was a great game. I'm enjoying the work that Stam is doing with the team. Our tactics are definitely causing teams problems. Quite a few teams will trip up against us.

If we can keep adding quality players in the positions where we really need them and continue improving and developing our style of play then we should be able to stay up comfortably this year.

We're currently 4th from bottom and keeping our heads above the parapet. Another win needed soon, just to keep clear of the drop zone.

Try not looking at the league table until it actually tells you anything....

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 22 Aug 2016 09:53

Nameless
Top Flight Regarding the game. It was a great game. I'm enjoying the work that Stam is doing with the team. Our tactics are definitely causing teams problems. Quite a few teams will trip up against us.

Try not looking at the league table until it actually tells you anything....

4th bottom after 4 games. everybody panic :shock: if we are 4th bottom after another 10 or 15 games that is the time to get concerned.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 22 Aug 2016 10:47

Oh and a shoutout to the "hilarious" guys at the very top of Y25. One of them is around 30-35 years old, the other around 40 and I used to stand near them until I got fed up with them.

There hilarious chants which started around 2:50 when the stand was still half empty included "stick your dildo up your arse", "gay boys", "arse shaggers", "we can see you holding hands".

It was hysterical.

But seriously, it's pathetic that people still act like this at games, particularly in isolation. I can JUST about understand if there's a large crowd and you get caught up and encouraged by everyone else. But to have two guys chanting and singing this for several minutes is one of the saddest and most pathetic things I've seen.

One of the them actually attends with his young child - a boy about 6 years old. I believe the child has far more maturity, intelligence and charisma than the absolute tw@t singing these ridiculous songs.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 22 Aug 2016 10:55

CrowthorneRoyal We normally give a little clap to the ex-Reading players too and Norwood was no exception.

A course of antibiotics should clear that up

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 22 Aug 2016 11:00

bobby1413 Oh and a shoutout to the "hilarious" guys at the very top of Y25. One of them is around 30-35 years old, the other around 40 and I used to stand near them until I got fed up with them.

There hilarious chants which started around 2:50 when the stand was still half empty included "stick your dildo up your arse", "gay boys", "arse shaggers", "we can see you holding hands".

It was hysterical.

But seriously, it's pathetic that people still act like this at games, particularly in isolation. I can JUST about understand if there's a large crowd and you get caught up and encouraged by everyone else. But to have two guys chanting and singing this for several minutes is one of the saddest and most pathetic things I've seen.

One of the them actually attends with his young child - a boy about 6 years old. I believe the child has far more maturity, intelligence and charisma than the absolute tw@t singing these ridiculous songs.

Stand up for yourself next time mate.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Aug 2016 11:44

Pepe the Horseman
bobby1413 Oh and a shoutout to the "hilarious" guys at the very top of Y25. One of them is around 30-35 years old, the other around 40 and I used to stand near them until I got fed up with them.

It was hysterical.

Stand up for yourself next time mate.

Hark at Mayor Goldie Wilson over here.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Aug 2016 15:12

A little bit of bad news for a monday afternoon.

It is

Reading U23 0 - 4 Tottenham U23

in the Premier League 2.

They have played 55 minutes.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 22 Aug 2016 16:12

Top Flight A little bit of bad news for a monday afternoon.

It is

Reading U23 0 - 4 Tottenham U23

in the Premier League 2.

They have played 55 minutes.

What has this got to do with the Brighton game?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Aug 2016 16:13

Top Flight in drivel-post shocker

123 posts