Charles Watts to Arsenal

128 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Charles Watts to Arsenal

by genome » 30 Jan 2017 16:54

Mr Low retweeting a fake photo of Dimitar Berbatov driving through Reading :lol:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 01 Feb 2017 10:22

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... FB-Read-FC

How has this man [Jonathan Lowe] got a job?

"The loss means Birmingham have taken just four points from a possible 40, since Zola took over in December 2016."

Zola's managed 8 league games for them, and has drawn 3 of them.....so that's 3 points from a possible 24. Where the fcuk has he got 4pts from a possible 40 from? - and how is it even possible to get 40pts when its 3pts for a win :| :roll: :|

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Feb 2017 10:29

TBM http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gianfranco-zola-slams-reading-fc-12537906#ICID=FB-Read-FC

"The loss means Birmingham have taken just four points from a possible 40, since Zola took over in December 2016."

Zola's managed 8 league games for them, and has drawn 3 of them.....so that's 3 points from a possible 24. Where the fcuk has he got 4pts from a possible 40 from? - and how is it even possible to get 40pts when its 3pts for a win :| :roll: :|

It's speedy journalism with no attention to detail - bit like a lot of the stuff that gets stuck on the internet really. He's picked up on the fact that people have said it's 10 games without a win for Birmingham then taken a very quick glance and the results and seen 4 draws (they also drew with Newcastle in the FA Cup) and then multiplied it by 10 to get 40. And who said that the standard of education is falling....

Poor chap is definitely really having a bad 24 hours.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 01 Feb 2017 10:32

Sutekh
TBM http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gianfranco-zola-slams-reading-fc-12537906#ICID=FB-Read-FC

It's speedy journalism with no attention to detail - bit like a lot of the stuff that gets stuck on the internet really. He's picked up on the fact that people have said it's 10 games without a win for Birmingham then taken a very quick glance and the results and seen 4 draws (they also drew with Newcastle in the FA Cup) and then multiplied it by 10 to get 40. And who said that the standard of education is falling....

Even if he did think it was 10 league games, the fact he multiplied that by 4, just goes to show how dumb he must be....If he had said "4pts from a possible 30" - then i could accept it as being 'speedy' but it only took me about 2 mins to open the BBC Football Birmingham page and count how many games they've played in the league and how many points they got.

It's just lazy

Slater1993

by Slater1993 » 01 Feb 2017 10:33

TBM
Sutekh

Even if he did think it was 10 league games, the fact he multiplied that by 4, just goes to show how dumb he must be....If he had said "4pts from a possible 30" - then i could accept it as being 'speedy' but it only took me about 2 mins to open the BBC Football Birmingham page and count how many games they've played in the league and how many points they got.

It's just lazy

This wasn't Jonathan Lowe! :roll:

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 01 Feb 2017 10:39

^^^^^^

Hi Jonathon.

Anyway, he found humour in his tweets last night when he admitted his mistakes and lessons learned.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 01 Feb 2017 10:41

Slater1993
TBM
Sutekh

It's just lazy

This wasn't Jonathan Lowe! :roll:

:roll: it was [at time of reading] - but has since been updated by Nathan Hyde

Saaaaaaaammmmmm

by Saaaaaaaammmmmm » 03 Feb 2017 11:56

Not been the best week for getReading and Mr Low with Yermas Dildo going viral, literally all over Twitter and FB on various football sites, unless they see all publicity as good publicity...

I actually did a weeks work experience at the Reading Post (back in the paper days) Sportsdesk a few years back (think it was during the Adkins era). Having been told journalism is meant to be fast-paced and highly-pressured I was a bit surprised by how laid back the whole office was and how little work was actually done

Basically the paper would come out Weds and Fri so everything had to be done by Tuesday and then Thursday evening to send off to print. That meant Monday was spent chatting about the weekend's football, not really doing much work, and then the next day we'd find a bunch of stories on Sky Sports, fit them into the allocated pages, and if we didn't have enough content we'd just make the pictures bigger. Same process on Weds/Thurs. And then Friday was a day off. The only fast-pace was the rush at about 4pm on a Tues/Thurs when we realised we hadn't actually done any work and a paper was due the next day

Low was genuinely a nice guy, happy to have a conversation with you, looked after me the whole week, actually gave me interesting things to do each day. Didn't come across a great 'journalist' , but it's not like anyone working there really did tbf. Watts sat next to me every day and barely registered my existence, getting blanked by him for a week kinda put me off him for the rest of his getReading career. The one time he spoke to me was to ask me to write a report on a Reading U21 win the previous night, it got printed in the paper but he didn't comment on it or give me any advice/pointers, which you'd think is the point of work experience

Obviously the job will be different now there's no newspaper or deadlines to meet, but I couldn't help feel the paper would have done a bit better if there had been a bit more effort and enthusiasm in the office. Maybe I was a naive kid having my eyes opened to the real world for the first time. It's not a difficult job, and honestly if Trinity Mirror have the funds to replace Watts then we'll see normal service resume

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Feb 2017 12:01

Saaaaaaaammmmmm Not been the best week for getReading and Mr Low with Yermas Dildo going viral, literally all over Twitter and FB on various football sites, unless they see all publicity as good publicity...

I actually did a weeks work experience at the Reading Post (back in the paper days) Sportsdesk a few years back (think it was during the Adkins era). Having been told journalism is meant to be fast-paced and highly-pressured I was a bit surprised by how laid back the whole office was and how little work was actually done

Basically the paper would come out Weds and Fri so everything had to be done by Tuesday and then Thursday evening to send off to print. That meant Monday was spent chatting about the weekend's football, not really doing much work, and then the next day we'd find a bunch of stories on Sky Sports, fit them into the allocated pages, and if we didn't have enough content we'd just make the pictures bigger. Same process on Weds/Thurs. And then Friday was a day off. The only fast-pace was the rush at about 4pm on a Tues/Thurs when we realised we hadn't actually done any work and a paper was due the next day

Low was genuinely a nice guy, happy to have a conversation with you, looked after me the whole week, actually gave me interesting things to do each day. Didn't come across a great 'journalist' , but it's not like anyone working there really did tbf. Watts sat next to me every day and barely registered my existence, getting blanked by him for a week kinda put me off him for the rest of his getReading career. The one time he spoke to me was to ask me to write a report on a Reading U21 win the previous night, it got printed in the paper but he didn't comment on it or give me any advice/pointers, which you'd think is the point of work experience

Obviously the job will be different now there's no newspaper or deadlines to meet, but I couldn't help feel the paper would have done a bit better if there had been a bit more effort and enthusiasm in the office. Maybe I was a naive kid having my eyes opened to the real world for the first time. It's not a difficult job, and honestly if Trinity Mirror have the funds to replace Watts then we'll see normal service resume

Interesting write up. Very insightful!

lewesroyal

by lewesroyal » 03 Feb 2017 14:59

Saaaaaaaammmmmm

To be fair, no-one wants to get lumbered with the work experience kid. It's always a pain in the a$*e to find things to occupy them

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Feb 2017 15:11

The standard of journalism seems to be plummeting all around but particularly at local level. I suspect it's at least partly due to the significant decline in the printed market. Spelling and grammar at the local level is apauling :wink: . Even the national BBC website publishes some shocking grammatical errors.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Feb 2017 15:36

Just to pause from all the Charles Watts bum-licking, our ex getreading man did a piece saying Koscielny was the best centre back in the premier league.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Feb 2017 15:41

hence why its probably better to be a reporter of a team you don't support

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Feb 2017 18:03

Hound hence why its probably better to be a reporter of a team you don't support

Very definitely. Whilst I could understand CW being so attracted to his new position, I'm not sure it was the best move for him as a credible reporter.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Feb 2017 09:10

Hound hence why its probably better to be a reporter of a team you don't support

That being said as a Reading fan I think we're a fairly self-deprecating, glass half full bunch who are more likely to underestimate our own team's qualities than big them up.

Even if we had Messi we'd probably choose to complain about that time he didn't win a header.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Feb 2017 08:50

To be fair to him, Low seems to have upped his game considerably this past week. Many more articles, and some interviews which I've not seen elsewhere. Even some reasonably thought out opinion pieces. Hopefully he can keep that up

Notice CW is still tweeting anything RFC related. Can't let go it seems

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 07 Feb 2017 09:28

Hound To be fair to him, Low seems to have upped his game considerably this past week. Many more articles, and some interviews which I've not seen elsewhere. Even some reasonably thought out opinion pieces. Hopefully he can keep that up

Notice CW is still tweeting anything RFC related. Can't let go it seems

The only thing I saw lately was about Reading looking at an Arsenal 17 year old, so that one was more the old job crossing with the new one.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 07 Feb 2017 10:49

CountryRoyal Just to pause from all the Charles Watts bum-licking, our ex getreading man did a piece saying Koscielny was the best centre back in the premier league.

He has a point - name others that are better?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Feb 2017 12:16

TBM
CountryRoyal Just to pause from all the Charles Watts bum-licking, our ex getreading man did a piece saying Koscielny was the best centre back in the premier league.

He has a point - name others that are better?

He is the best CB in the premier league.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 07 Feb 2017 13:24

Hound To be fair to him, Low seems to have upped his game considerably this past week. Many more articles, and some interviews which I've not seen elsewhere. Even some reasonably thought out opinion pieces. Hopefully he can keep that up.

Agreed, he'd been engaging with fans too. Much more positive. :)

128 posts