Relegation

1865 posts
Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Relegation

by Brogue » 21 Aug 2021 20:24

Ffp in league one - In League 1 clubs can spend a maximum of 60% of their turnover on wages.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 21 Aug 2021 20:27

Brogue Ffp in league one - In League 1 clubs can spend a maximum of 60% of their turnover on wages.

That would be us screwed then

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Aug 2021 20:42

Royal_jimmy
Brogue Ffp in league one - In League 1 clubs can spend a maximum of 60% of their turnover on wages.

That would be us screwed then

No. The experts on here are saying it will be good for us.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Aug 2021 21:43

Relegation would be a disaster, no doubts about it

Maybe slightly less now than say 2 years ago but still

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Aug 2021 22:57

If only someone would make us follow something sensible like that.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 22 Aug 2021 10:36

Let’s look at a worst case scenario.We go down(despite my personal and the general gloom yesterday;I put it at 50/50).The Dai s didn’t invest all that money;to get L1 football and so they pull the plug.We don’t own the ground,so get thrown out in a hissy fit on their part.
Whatevers left of the Club,scratches round for somewhere to play.Loftus Road ? I for one don’t fancy going up to West London,every other Saturday and midweek.Southampton? Maybe;but I go to the Aegeas and it’s a bloody trek.So here we go Oxford?Probably best option.But OMG,shades of the Maxwell/Smee era.How many fans would be left by then ? Probably only the hard core 8000.
An extreme scenario;but going bust and hitting rock bottom has hit some very big Clubs;Sunderland,Leeds,Bolton,Pompey.
RFC losing the Ground seems a bit unlikely doesn’t it ? I mean what do you do with it ? Happened to Coventry ;leaving just the Wasps playing there,and didn’t the Council take it over ?Realistically however the Stadium would just be a big White Elephant off the M4;without RFC ?
As mentioned though I still believe relegation is at worst 50/50.Plus the Dai s don’t deal in failure.Just my Sunday morning musings .

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Aug 2021 11:03

:shock:

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 22 Aug 2021 12:22

I'm hoping three out of the L1 promoted sides plus Derby, Preston, Hudds and Bristol will be worse than us and that we can hang on in there until at least Joao returns....

Its simplistic just blaming Moore, Morrow and O'Shea going for all the goals. Sides are coming on to us more this season as the threat of Joao, Olise and Meite isn't there to hit them on the break....it all starts from the front.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Aug 2021 12:23

Mid Sussex Royal I'm hoping three out of the L1 promoted sides plus Derby, Preston, Hudds and Bristol will be worse than us and that we can hang on in there until at least Joao returns....

Its simplistic just blaming Moore, Morrow and O'Shea going for all the goals. Sides are coming on to us more this season as the threat of Joao, Olise and Meite isn't there to hit them on the break....it all starts from the front.

Not sure that last bit really works given we're averaging close to 2 goals a game. We certainly carry a goal threat.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 22 Aug 2021 12:37

Westwood52 Let’s look at a worst case scenario.We go down(despite my personal and the general gloom yesterday;I put it at 50/50).The Dai s didn’t invest all that money;to get L1 football and so they pull the plug.We don’t own the ground,so get thrown out in a hissy fit on their part.
Whatevers left of the Club,scratches round for somewhere to play.Loftus Road ? I for one don’t fancy going up to West London,every other Saturday and midweek.Southampton? Maybe;but I go to the Aegeas and it’s a bloody trek.So here we go Oxford?Probably best option.But OMG,shades of the Maxwell/Smee era.How many fans would be left by then ? Probably only the hard core 8000.
An extreme scenario;but going bust and hitting rock bottom has hit some very big Clubs;Sunderland,Leeds,Bolton,Pompey.
RFC losing the Ground seems a bit unlikely doesn’t it ? I mean what do you do with it ? Happened to Coventry ;leaving just the Wasps playing there,and didn’t the Council take it over ?Realistically however the Stadium would just be a big White Elephant off the M4;without RFC ?
As mentioned though I still believe relegation is at worst 50/50.Plus the Dai s don’t deal in failure.Just my Sunday morning musings .

In English?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 22 Aug 2021 12:39

double d I know it is early in the season but we look like we are in for a relegation dog fight at this r8. Something needs to change sharpish. I hope stam does get sacked because when that happens it tends to improve results. But if we were to get relegated, what would happen to us? Would we have mass exodus? Who would stay? What about the owners? Would you still go to games? Couldn't imagine many turning up for a Tuesday night at Scunthorpe tbh. How depressing that this is happening after we were a liam Moore penalty away from being in the premier league. Huddersfield are beating man United ffs and we are going down to league 1!!!!! :evil:

4 years since I made this thread and still is relevant today

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Aug 2021 12:59

Simmops
double d I know it is early in the season but we look like we are in for a relegation dog fight at this r8. Something needs to change sharpish. I hope stam does get sacked because when that happens it tends to improve results. But if we were to get relegated, what would happen to us? Would we have mass exodus? Who would stay? What about the owners? Would you still go to games? Couldn't imagine many turning up for a Tuesday night at Scunthorpe tbh. How depressing that this is happening after we were a liam Moore penalty away from being in the premier league. Huddersfield are beating man United ffs and we are going down to league 1!!!!! :evil:

4 yeears and you haven`t been correct yet. if we go down you will crow you were right. law of averages and all that.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 22 Aug 2021 13:09

windermereROYAL
Simmops

4 yeears and you haven`t been correct yet. if we go down you will crow you were right. law of averages and all that.

But I have been right. We've been in relegation dog fights for the past 4 seasons bar 1 and when the manager got sacked and a new one came in , results improved.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 22 Aug 2021 13:14

When I checked the table yday I thought 3 points in 4 would see us in the bottom 3. I was very surprised that we’re 18th! You’d expect Sheff Utd & Forest to get out of there, but it’s taking shape down there.

I’d expect Blackpool & Preston to stay down there. Derby will pick up injuries so will drop down. Huddersfield I expect to drop down there too.

It all depends on the signings for us now. As things stand, bottom 6 until Christmas easily

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 22 Aug 2021 13:39

Notts Royal When I checked the table yday I thought 3 points in 4 would see us in the bottom 3. I was very surprised that we’re 18th! You’d expect Sheff Utd & Forest to get out of there, but it’s taking shape down there.

I’d expect Blackpool & Preston to stay down there. Derby will pick up injuries so will drop down. Huddersfield I expect to drop down there too.

It all depends on the signings for us now. As things stand, bottom 6 until Christmas easily

Have Derby submitted their revised accounts ?
Once they do, they must be due a points deduction. That will/would help

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Aug 2021 13:44

I think as long as we can win our home games, especially vs the weaker sides; the likes of Huddersfield, Peterborough, Blackpool, Coventry, Millwall, Derby and a couple of the mid table sides then we should scramble enough points to stay up.

I'd take 21st place right now

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Aug 2021 14:20

Peterborough, Derby, hudders, Bristol, pne, Forest, millwall, Blackpool and prob a couple of others I’ve forgot are all pretty toss. Would expect us to be clear of most of those come the end of the season

Should have ejaria back soon, and a couple of new signings. Hoilett up to speed. Both should add a lot offensively AND defensively

We ‘should’ be fine. Would be some pretty calamitous management not to be. But certainly concerning signs

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 22 Aug 2021 14:46

Westwood52 Plus the Dai s don’t deal in failure.

They've owned three football clubs, and the other two have folded.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Aug 2021 14:54

tmesis

pretty much all they've dealt in here.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 22 Aug 2021 14:59

tmesis

Bloody hell;really ?You would think they have learnt they lesson,and stay clear of football club ownership.

1865 posts