Pauno out

3542 posts
Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Pauno out

by Mid Sussex Royal » 22 Dec 2021 13:37

Snowflake Royal
Millsy I agree Pauno has to take some blame for this.

I don't believe he started the pandemic but I don't recall seeing him in Wuhan trying to prevent its spread, or anywhere near any labs trying to develop vaccines for it. Absolutely zero effort.

Got to go.

All very amusing, but with the EFL vaccination rates you do have to question what owners, managers and medical teams are doing to boost take up. Given we have infections and games postponed there could be question marks there.

There are other issues at play with the effects of the vaccines for sports professionals, been quite a big issue across Europe

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Dec 2021 13:41

Mid Sussex Royal
Snowflake Royal

I don't believe he started the pandemic but I don't recall seeing him in Wuhan trying to prevent its spread, or anywhere near any labs trying to develop vaccines for it. Absolutely zero effort.

Got to go.

All very amusing, but with the EFL vaccination rates you do have to question what owners, managers and medical teams are doing to boost take up. Given we have infections and games postponed there could be question marks there.

There are other issues at play with the effects of the vaccines for sports professionals, been quite a big issue across Europe

If this is the heart stuff it's conspiracy balls

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Dec 2021 13:48

Snowflake Royal
Mid Sussex Royal
Snowflake Royal All very amusing, but with the EFL vaccination rates you do have to question what owners, managers and medical teams are doing to boost take up. Given we have infections and games postponed there could be question marks there.

If this is the heart stuff it's conspiracy balls

do wonder, and just from my own experience on the booster particularly - is it also just the short term affects? No way I'd have been able to do sport at my best level for 3-4 days after both first jab and booster

esp as often Covid is just a short term mild illness if noticed at all for most young fit people (obvs not always true). And guess stuff like the JVCI not recommending the vax for all kids isn't a million miles from that

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Dec 2021 14:26

Snowflake Royal

Got to go.

Well HNA already knows my views on RFC's ability to keep people fit (and I have stopped boring people with it) so you're leaning on an open door there. Although in fairness I do not know the particular circumstances around vaccination and I'd have thought they'd be doing everything in their power to vaccinate everyone asap. BUT ALSO actually with the injuries we have, in this case it's probably tactically astute to be slightly less fussed about games being postponed!

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 22 Dec 2021 15:54

Is the club going for a herd immunity approach? Let everyone catch COVID now and then we'll have a fully fit squad in 10 days (other injuries aside of course). Didn't some of the F1 teams consider this approach back in 2020 (pre vaccines)?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 22 Dec 2021 18:29

Understand that most (but not all) of the players who got COVID are vaccinated.

The big issue was the first team’s Christmas Party, which was held in a public establishment where players were in close confinement with strangers for an extended period. Most of the attendees tested positive shortly afterwards.

Completely avoidable and negligent by both the players and the club.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 22 Dec 2021 18:58

SCIAG Understand that most (but not all) of the players who got COVID are vaccinated.

The big issue was the first team’s Christmas Party, which was held in a public establishment where players were in close confinement with strangers for an extended period. Most of the attendees tested positive shortly afterwards.

This is just b0llocks from Courtney Friday on Twitter, he has no contacts at all.

Firstly, how do you/he know who attended? And secondly if the infections were picked up that day it could have easily have been from the game at WBA a few hours earlier who tried to have the game postponed.

Thirdly infections do not register on LF/PCR tests for at least 4 days and the players tested positive on Mon/Tues last week as the game was called off on Wed.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Dec 2021 11:21

Mid Sussex Royal
SCIAG Understand that most (but not all) of the players who got COVID are vaccinated.

This is just b0llocks from Courtney Friday on Twitter, he has no contacts at all.

Firstly, how do you/he know who attended? And secondly if the infections were picked up that day it could have easily have been from the game at WBA a few hours earlier who tried to have the game postponed.

Thirdly infections do not register on LF/PCR tests for at least 4 days and the players tested positive on Mon/Tues last week as the game was called off on Wed.

Are you saying it didn't happen?

Still a stupid thing to do even if they got it before. If they thought it'd be good to have a Xmas party "out the bubble" God knows how careful they've been beforehand and further undermines trust in the advisory setup.

But then the country is largely made of stupid people voting for stupid people to run it and acting stupidly most of the time so I can't say I'm too surprised there's been general stupidity.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Dec 2021 12:04

If the rest of us are allowed a Christmas party, why not footballers?

No issue with it. Covid is everywhere at the moment tbh, and they could have got it from anywhere

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 23 Dec 2021 12:35

Hound If the rest of us are allowed a Christmas party, why not footballers?

No issue with it. Covid is everywhere at the moment tbh, and they could have got it from anywhere

I would say they got it for. the West Brom game where they were marking tightly … however, the last two words are clearly not relevant

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 23 Dec 2021 13:12

Mid Sussex Royal

I’m not Courtney Friday and don’t use Twitter. Don’t want to toot my own horn but I think I have amply demonstrated that I have contacts within the club (not as many as I used to, but some). Specifically I spoke to someone who was in attendance and privy to the results of players’ tests; they obviously didn’t give me a full list of names but I do know that some of the injured players attended the party and tested positive, and that none of the players who didn’t attend tested positive. There were 15 players present, so about 2/3rds of the squad.

Hound If the rest of us are allowed a Christmas party, why not footballers?

The impression I’ve got is that most places of work cancelled their Christmas parties or switched to a video call.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Dec 2021 13:27

not sure how true that is. Certainly my place had multiple christmas parties, which were all well attended

the number of clubs with covid issues at the moment certainly suggest its not just a case of a few going rogue and having ill advised xmas dos

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 29 Dec 2021 01:15

Ours was cancelled as was Mrs RG’s. The company I work for is also a major local host of corporate parties and had a grand total of zero this year.

Regardless of opinion on health risks it seems like companies with something to lose over the Christmas period didn’t want their workforce forced into isolating.

Idiotic move if the part happened.

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 29 Dec 2021 04:32

If that is true like mid sussex Royal said, the players needs to be fined and disciplined and sacked imo or given a breach by the FA

Negligence, stupid and mockery of us fans. Its the same as boris having parties whilst we can't.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 29 Dec 2021 08:44

Getting fed up with all this covid nonsense. We just have to accept the fact that covid will be around forever. There will constantly be new variations and to be frank the vaccinations have been a total failure. The vaccines don’t stop you catching covid and don’t stop you spreading it. They might help you be less ill - but as we are talking about young fit players, most won’t get very ill anyway. In any case over time viruses mutate to become more tranmissable but less serous and so it now looks like Omnicron is pretty much a cold for most who catch it.

Sooner or later we all just have to get on with life and accept that every time we go out of the front door there is risk. Living is a risk and we all die in the end.

At least most of the players should have natural immunity through infection now - which should mean no major covid issues for the club for rest of this season. Probably better getting it over with in one go than having no party and just losing players to covid one or two at a time until the end of the season.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Dec 2021 09:10

Vaccinations are not designed to stop you getting something, they are designed to raise your immunity to something so that the majority stop getting very ill and/or dying from it. Hope that helps.

The vaccines produced to date have been close to a miracle in their effectiveness given the short timescales for development.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 29 Dec 2021 09:18

andrew1957 Getting fed up with all this covid nonsense. We just have to accept the fact that covid will be around forever. There will constantly be new variations and to be frank the vaccinations have been a total failure. The vaccines don’t stop you catching covid and don’t stop you spreading it. They might help you be less ill - but as we are talking about young fit players, most won’t get very ill anyway. In any case over time viruses mutate to become more tranmissable but less serous and so it now looks like Omnicron is pretty much a cold for most who catch it.

Sooner or later we all just have to get on with life and accept that every time we go out of the front door there is risk. Living is a risk and we all die in the end.

At least most of the players should have natural immunity through infection now - which should mean no major covid issues for the club for rest of this season. Probably better getting it over with in one go than having no party and just losing players to covid one or two at a time until the end of the season.

This is pretty much all complete bollocks, with every wrong assumption possible

How vaccines work

Both have it, both are infectious, both should isolate

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 29 Dec 2021 09:27

andrew1957 Getting fed up with all this covid nonsense..

If everyone got vaccinated then life would be better for everyone. After two years many people are fed up with those who endlessly complain and don't contribute constructively to the wider community. Covid is here to stay. Get used to it.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 29 Dec 2021 09:46

andrew1957 Getting fed up with all this covid nonsense. ... to be frank the vaccinations have been a total failure. The vaccines don’t stop you catching covid and don’t stop you spreading it. They might help you be less ill - but as we are talking about young fit players, most won’t get very ill anyway. In any case over time viruses mutate to become more tranmissable but less serous and so it now looks like Omnicron is pretty much a cold for most who catch it.

Keep this totally wrong and frankly dangerous and irresponsible bullshit off the Team board please. Pop it in official coronavirus thread on AE and I'll get my popcorn.

Thanks.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 29 Dec 2021 10:09

Mid Sussex Royal

Actually this is not true - the Omicron variant is much faster at spreading. Learned this first hand when I (among with many others) tested positive 2 days (!!!) after a work Xmas party. Many people questioned whether I'd caught it elsewhere until almost everyone who attended that event also tested positive around the same time. I'd definitely not been anywhere else where I could have caught it so was 90% sure it was the party ... and yes, 2 days later I was positive and starting to develop symptoms. Luckily - being triple vaccinated - I was only ill for 3-4 days and now fully recovered, although it took almost 2 weeks until the LFTs returned a negative.

3542 posts