Pauno out

3542 posts
Dixie Norm

Re: Pauno out

by Dixie Norm » 08 Jan 2022 18:01

If you're going to play football without tactics or skill then you'd better have a lot of fight. Unfortunately this team is gutless. I've never seen a Reading team with such a lack of application and the will to fight for a win. I've never felt more detached from the club in the time I've been supporting them.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Jan 2022 18:02

Just seven attempts at goal against a non League club.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 08 Jan 2022 18:04

Snowflake Royal
Millsy Not a bedwetting kneejerk because I don't give a toss about the game, except FA cup money, and happy to focus on the league.

BUT

Cliche as it sounds, if he can't get a team of pros and decent players from a respectable academy to beat a lowly team then you have to question if he has "lost the dressing room" and that is basically game over for any manager, however good they may be.

How we bounce back (performance-wise) against Fulham will be critical for him as far as I'm concerned.

If you play a weakened side with youth players you give them a solid spine to play around.

Pauno's spine was:

Calamity Cabral and his first game in months
21 year old Holmes
Drinkwater's first game back
Osorio
Camara
Goalless George

He put two of his more senior attacking players out wide where they could be far less influential and gave us a dodgy limp spine.

No wonder we collapsed. He's utterly oxf*rd clueless.

Can't agree with this at all.

Rafael is not awful. Holmes young but plenty of experience, a first teamer (you now saying he shouldn't start in the league?). Drinkwater I've never been a fan of but against Harriers should be a piece of piss, Osorio I don't know, Camara looked great against derby and by all accounts was decent today too, and Puscas scored.

Not an unreasonable starting lineup when you want to win, expect to win, want to prevent injuries and give some players experience and match fitness.

But he should have been able to get them to win with a decent plan or inspiration. I suspect he just chucked them on and said "try your hardest" or something.

BUT even if you're right and his selection was ridiculous, either way this game doesn't look good for Pauno.

And he's earned himself two more injuries in the process. Yay!

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 08 Jan 2022 18:07

Just get rid and give gilkes the gig till the end of the season. It’s not possible to do any worse than we are now.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Jan 2022 18:08

Millsy
Snowflake Royal
Millsy Not a bedwetting kneejerk because I don't give a toss about the game, except FA cup money, and happy to focus on the league.

BUT

Cliche as it sounds, if he can't get a team of pros and decent players from a respectable academy to beat a lowly team then you have to question if he has "lost the dressing room" and that is basically game over for any manager, however good they may be.

How we bounce back (performance-wise) against Fulham will be critical for him as far as I'm concerned.

If you play a weakened side with youth players you give them a solid spine to play around.

Pauno's spine was:

21 year old Holmes
Osorio
Camara
Goalless George

He put two of his more senior attacking players out wide where they could be far less influential and gave us a dodgy limp spine.

Rafael is not awful. Holmes young but plenty of experience, a first teamer (you now saying he shouldn't start in the league?). Drinkwater I've never been a fan of but against Harriers should be a piece of piss, Osorio I don't know, Camara looked great against derby and by all accounts was decent today too, and Puscas scored.

Not an unreasonable starting lineup when you want to win, expect to win, want to prevent injuries and give some players experience and match fitness.

But he should have been able to get them to win with a decent plan or inspiration. I suspect he just chucked them on and said "try your hardest" or something.

BUT even if you're right and his selection was ridiculous, either way this game doesn't look good for Pauno.

I agree with Ian. Why did we not have some insurance on the bench in the likes of Swift and Carroll? This was always a likely banana skin.
I feel very sorry for Araruna. What a sad day for him and our football club.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jan 2022 18:14

Yeah didn’t mind the starting 11 but thought the seniors on the bench were to replace the youth not the first Teamers. Really poor call that

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 08 Jan 2022 18:16

Zip
Millsy
Snowflake Royal If you play a weakened side with youth players you give them a solid spine to play around.

Pauno's spine was:

21 year old Holmes
Osorio
Camara
Goalless George

I agree with Ian. Why did we not have some insurance on the bench in the likes of Swift and Carroll? This was always a likely banana skin.

At least* it sounds like its only* a dislocated knee. And not his acl again which surely has to be better?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 08 Jan 2022 18:17

Ascotexgunner
Lower West
Royal_jimmy If Dai gives a toss about the club he will get rid right now

If Dai gives a toss about the club he will start getting to walk now

Mike Ashley is looking for a new club.

You know what, I'd take him as well. We would be better run for starters.

Change needs to start at the top.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 08 Jan 2022 18:19

If we turn the club off and turn it back on again, maybe it’ll be in a better position…

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 Jan 2022 18:25

Zip Just seven attempts at goal against a non League club.

“Attempts” in the absolute loosest definition of the word. We hardly tested them.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Jan 2022 18:26

Brogue
Zip
Millsy

At least* it sounds like its only* a dislocated knee. And not his acl again which surely has to be better?

Absolutely. If it’s another ACL he is done imo. If it’s a dislocation then it’s not so serious.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Jan 2022 18:27

CountryRoyal

“Attempts” in the absolute loosest definition of the word. We hardly tested them.

I know. It is though another example of just how little we create. He must go.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jan 2022 18:31

CountryRoyal

I remember 3,and two of those were shit.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jan 2022 18:32

Zip
Hound Yeah time to go

That was like the Burton result under Stam. Any last thought he might be the right man extinguished

Stam survived for about ten weeks after Burton. We can’t afford Pauno to stay in charge a moment longer.

Yeah I mean in my irrelevant opinion, not the hierarchy at the club

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Jan 2022 18:47

Zip
Millsy
Snowflake Royal If you play a weakened side with youth players you give them a solid spine to play around.

Pauno's spine was:

21 year old Holmes
Osorio
Camara
Goalless George

sad to say…I agree with both you and Ian.
Yes, put the kids out there embellished with a few first teamers…let them play a bit, if it isn’t happening, bring the real team on to front the cloggers.

At least the rest of the nation got what they wanted….and the BBC et-al must be kicking their own scrawny arses right now…Kiddy nailed-on for a prime-time slot next round…good luck to them and well done….hope the draw works in your favour.

McDermolenko

by McDermolenko » 08 Jan 2022 19:04

While I wouldn’t call Pauno’s dismissal knee jerk, I would call it shortsighted unless a suitable name is lined up.

Regardless of whether it were Kidderminster or Manchester City, we’ll be reflecting in 2-3 months on a fixture list that was admittedly, a lot less interesting, but more importantly less taxing on our already depleted squad of players.

Are there any serious candidates at this point to replace him? Knowing our financial situation it would be ridiculous to get rid and replace with somebody as equally random or inexperienced.

Ultimately I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go but I have no doubt the replacement won’t exactly be covered in glory.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 08 Jan 2022 19:06

As long as I don’t have to google who he is. I’m sure anyone would be an improvement.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Jan 2022 19:09

Some of our discerning supporters are calling for Colin.

Maybe he’ll do the gig nice and cheap
Maybe just for his lols of our cous de gra

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 08 Jan 2022 19:13

AthleticoSpizz Some of our discerning supporters are calling for Colin.

Maybe he’ll do the gig nice and cheap
Maybe just for his lols of our cous de gra

Is your head for turning yet athers? Or are you still pauno in?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Jan 2022 19:14

As with my politics….floating

3542 posts