BFTG - Kidderminster (A)

156 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Kidderminster (A)

by Zip » 09 Jan 2022 18:37

AthleticoSpizz We”ve seen it all before

It’ll be a sunny day again one day.

Yeah but you and I will be six feet under by then.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Jan 2022 18:39

Let’s hope not….well, not me anyway.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Jan 2022 18:42

Schards#2
AthleticoSpizz ‘Adkins’

Wealdstone 1976 anyone? George Duck

Yep, was at that, I think we were a division 4 side (?) at the time so not as humiliating as this. Also IIRC, we actually applied some pressure when behind, unlike yesterday when we were never getting back in the game in a million years.

On the plus side, we got chased back to the coaches at Wealdstone, unlike yesterday!
we were indeed, and yes, we had a ‘bit more about us’, but we did field our first team that day iirc.

Endemic of what football and Reading has become.

It’s gone

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jan 2022 18:45

Jagermesiter1871
Gunny Fishcake
Jagermesiter1871
It is meaningless. If we won the league and got knocked out at this stage none of you would even think about it at the end of the season. It's a nice to have.

And the camels back comment. We're in a mess. We have been for years. Just because you had some misguided expectation that we would be making the PO's and fielding a full strength team in the 3rd round of the FA cup, despite having more than 10 players out for most the season, relying on 8000 a week loan signings and having points deducted.

Yes we should have won yesterday. The XI played yesterday should have. They should have without even needing instruction from Pauno. But football isn't that simple and we're not the first team to be embarrassed in this manner.

Were you there yesterday ? I was and that's what the FA Cup is all about ask the Kiddy fans what they think of the FA Cup now they have West Ham next round at home .

To say the FA Cup is meaningless , you're probably fishing , but if not and you mean that , you are totally deluded and something as a football fan I simply cannot comprehend

If we won the league and were knocked out in the 3rd round, would you even think twice about it? It is a nice to have. Maybe older fans have more of an affinity with it but terms of finance and long term success of the club its meaningless. You and I know this. And clearly the management think the same.

FYI, we're 21st and fighting relegation with zero chance of winning the league.

Needle

by Needle » 09 Jan 2022 19:30

There is no way we shouldn't have been able to compete with a tier six side. And we didn't compete at all, they outplayed us all over the pitch.

I don't care who he picks for the starting XI - they should all be able to pass the ball, move into space and be ready to receive it. We were a oxf*rd shambles from the start and the tactics were baffling - a defensive setup against part timers ffs, and then sitting deeper and deeper once we'd lucked a goal.

No way anybody's taking Puscas off our hands now either. The bloke got done for pace time after time.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 09 Jan 2022 19:58

Schards#2
AthleticoSpizz ‘Adkins’

Yep, was at that, I think we were a division 4 side (?) at the time so not as humiliating as this. Also IIRC, we actually applied some pressure when behind, unlike yesterday when we were never getting back in the game in a million years.

On the plus side, we got chased back to the coaches at Wealdstone, unlike yesterday!

+1 I was there too, this story comes out every couple of years. It’s true fwiw.

Detail: there were around 20 Aldershot fans at the game looking to cause us bother.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Jan 2022 20:01

….well,it was better than watching Aldershot I guess :D

Seriously, them were the days…Aldershot ffs….who”d have thought that, looking at them now :?:

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 09 Jan 2022 20:24

AthleticoSpizz ….well,it was better than watching Aldershot I guess :D

Seriously, them were the days…Aldershot ffs….who”d have thought that, looking at them now :?:

I still chuckle at the fact they got taken in by a teenager posing as a millionaire.
I think he is chairman at Farnborough now.
Mind you we fell for a Russian posing as a billionaire.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Jan 2022 20:29

True, and Spencer Day is pretty credible at ‘boro these days

….probably planted into Aldershot to screw them over :lol:

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 09 Jan 2022 23:53

Hound
Jagermesiter1871
Hound
Isn’t that true of about 50% of clubs in the EFL?

I think all the ‘mess’ stuff is overdone. We’ve a decent stadium, new training ground, functioning academy. An owner willing to invest. A lot of clubs would kill for that position

Obvs there are plenty of things that aren’t so good but think a lot of the doom is hyperbole

Get a team playing reasonably well and most things are rosy

Yeh 50% of the teams in the EFL have had points deductions, transfer embargoes, huge injury lists, assets all stripped and players on ludicrous contracts with all the established players expiring at the end of the season. Really I don't know why we aren't above Fulham or Bournemouth.

wtf are you going on about now? I was referring solely to the 'We are beholden on Dai Yongge and incredibly vulnerable should he decide to walk away.' comment

You said all this mess stuff is overdone. That is all the mess. It isn't over done. It literally is that.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 09 Jan 2022 23:56

Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871
Gunny Fishcake
Were you there yesterday ? I was and that's what the FA Cup is all about ask the Kiddy fans what they think of the FA Cup now they have West Ham next round at home .

To say the FA Cup is meaningless , you're probably fishing , but if not and you mean that , you are totally deluded and something as a football fan I simply cannot comprehend

If we won the league and were knocked out in the 3rd round, would you even think twice about it? It is a nice to have. Maybe older fans have more of an affinity with it but terms of finance and long term success of the club its meaningless. You and I know this. And clearly the management think the same.

Ah right. Lets spin it then. We are relegated and get knocked out of the cup in the 3rd round. Come the end of the season which one are you going to be talking about? You can be as obtuse as you like but we all know the FA cup is little more than a fun distraction.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 10 Jan 2022 08:36

St Pauli
Notts Royal
Snowflake Royal Think our support away has been getting progressively more nasty and stupid for a while now.

Flares aren't new to us. Not the first bunch of utterly dickish things I've heard about.

I'm sure Holmes will want to stay and sign a new contract more now.

Yea seems to be a growing trend when playing a lower league side away from home. Remember Crawley a few years back that provoked a few disgraceful chants about Hillsborough. Got a bit nasty in the stands too between our own support.

Really don’t get it. Direct your anger towards the Dais, not your own fans

It attracts the kind of fan that likes the cocaine and hooligan bit of the old fashioned football experience.

Exhibit A :arrow:
stealthpapes Well, Green and I had a great* day out.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jan 2022 08:45

Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871

Ah right. Lets spin it then. We are relegated and get knocked out of the cup in the 3rd round. Come the end of the season which one are you going to be talking about? You can be as obtuse as you like but we all know the FA cup is little more than a fun distraction.

The worst FA Cup defeat in our history?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jan 2022 09:00

Jagermesiter1871
Hound
Jagermesiter1871
Yeh 50% of the teams in the EFL have had points deductions, transfer embargoes, huge injury lists, assets all stripped and players on ludicrous contracts with all the established players expiring at the end of the season. Really I don't know why we aren't above Fulham or Bournemouth.

wtf are you going on about now? I was referring solely to the 'We are beholden on Dai Yongge and incredibly vulnerable should he decide to walk away.' comment

You said all this mess stuff is overdone. That is all the mess. It isn't over done. It literally is that.

yep but that was nothing to do with the 50% comment you then picked up on.

As said, yes things aren't great, but with some sensible management (yes I know thats been lacking) we aren't in a bad position as a club. All those expensive contracts off the book in 18 months. Points deduction and transfer embargo out the way then as well. Its going to be a tough 18 months but then hopefully should be in a lot better position

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Jan 2022 09:38

St Pauli
St Pauli
Notts Royal
Yea seems to be a growing trend when playing a lower league side away from home. Remember Crawley a few years back that provoked a few disgraceful chants about Hillsborough. Got a bit nasty in the stands too between our own support.

Really don’t get it. Direct your anger towards the Dais, not your own fans

It attracts the kind of fan that likes the cocaine and hooligan bit of the old fashioned football experience.

Exhibit A :arrow:
stealthpapes Well, Green and I had a great* day out.

Lol

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 10 Jan 2022 10:35

Hound
Jagermesiter1871
Hound

As said, yes things aren't great, but with some sensible management (yes I know thats been lacking) we aren't in a bad position as a club. All those expensive contracts off the book in 18 months. Points deduction and transfer embargo out the way then as well. Its going to be a tough 18 months but then hopefully should be in a lot better position

I agree in 18 months I think we will be in a better position but Pauno is having to deal with the now which is grim and is being chastised for it, which isn't fair IMO.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 10 Jan 2022 10:48

Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal FYI, we're 21st and fighting relegation with zero chance of winning the league.

The worst FA Cup defeat in our history?

What about it?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jan 2022 10:50

Jagermesiter1871
Hound
Jagermesiter1871

I agree in 18 months I think we will be in a better position but Pauno is having to deal with the now which is grim and is being chastised for it, which isn't fair IMO.

Pauno isn’t being chastised for that. He's being chastised for doing a shit managerial job.

We're all well aware the finances aren't his fault.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 10 Jan 2022 10:50

LUX
Schards#2
AthleticoSpizz ‘Adkins’

+1 I was there too, this story comes out every couple of years. It’s true fwiw.

Detail: there were around 20 Aldershot fans at the game looking to cause us bother.

Don't think it was the Aldershot fans who caused the infamous Weald-a-beast stampede. There were only about six of them there and they left I think after a bit of a fracas in the first half which they came out badly in. My recollection of the stampede outside the ground was that it was caused by some Chelsea fans who turned up at half time or something. One of the most bizarre incidents ever following Reading in my time. There must have been about a thousand Reading fans fleeing in panic from about ten Chelsea fans. And 999 of those fans had no idea why they were fleeing. Personally speaking I cooly lit a cigar and watched in bemusement as hordes or people ran past me. (Edit: I legged it).
Last edited by Norfolk Royal on 10 Jan 2022 10:57, edited 1 time in total.

billybraggsbeard

by billybraggsbeard » 10 Jan 2022 10:54

Zip
Marcus Crassus
Jagermesiter1871

"all the established players expiring at the end of the season", things really are bad. Does the EFL know about this?

On a serious note, VP would do well to cut out the post match interview BS, apologise to the fans who went (I was there and it was one of the worst performances in decades) and put things right pronto. With a win rate of approx. 33% from Jan 21 onwards, a bit of humility would go along way.

A big +1. This is up there with the worst defeats in our history and he should have apologised to the travelling fans much like McDermott did when we got hammered 4-1 at Plymouth.

Yep agree with the last point, went down to Plymouth, we were dreadful, only player still running was Longy. Straight after Mcdermott apologised and said no Reading team he managed would play like that again, and lo & behold we didn't. |Sad thing is don't think Pauno has that ability to motivate the team

156 posts