MATCHWATCH : Coventry City (h)

307 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Coventry City (h)

by Hound » 12 Feb 2022 19:32

Snowflake Royal Individually played quite well. Decent going forward.

Absolutely hamstrung by the appalling defensive set up and coaching and total moron in the dugout.

Cov could have had another couple, Ince should have scored.

Meite is such a legend. A new manager could get a huge bounce out of the return of Meite and McIntyre alongside having half a oxf*rd clue about how to set a team up and ask them to play.

Get. Out. Clowno and Dai.

Yes to all of that

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Feb 2022 19:34

windermereROYAL I really don`t see how difficult it is to see if you leave a couple of players on the half way line when the other team have a corner they need to leave 3 back to cover them.
Their first goal was a perfect example, they have their whole team in and around our area, we clear and it`s knocked straight back in.
WTF can`t this twat see that?

And because there are so many bodies there is a huge chance of a deflection. As what happened

It’s the utterly absurdity of letting them just pass short to a better crossing position on the edge of the box with zero pressure which grinds my gears more than anything else. It’s so mind blowingly stupid

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 12 Feb 2022 19:36

2 home clean sheets all season, and the last one was Sept 25th, dear fukking lordy.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 12 Feb 2022 20:53

There were more positives today I felt but the end result was the same and it's another defeat.

Growing a bit numb to it all.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 12 Feb 2022 21:01

NathStPaul
JR
NathStPaul And now BBC Berks aren't staying on air for the Paunovic interview? Their coverage has been crap today, awful.

I’ll agree with you on this. Rita spending two minutes reading out the bottom of the league table and not mentioning the points totals was the final straw for me.

It was a mess, to not get an interview with the manager on air is inexcusable.

Did Pauno not give Tim an interview? It was obvious Pauno did like the questions after the Bristol City game, and with it being revealed on BBCRB that several players wanted a manager change, perhaps he declined to speak. We should know on Monday, whether, or not, one is aired on the Peachy program.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 12 Feb 2022 21:04

The Royal Forester
NathStPaul
JR
I’ll agree with you on this. Rita spending two minutes reading out the bottom of the league table and not mentioning the points totals was the final straw for me.

It was a mess, to not get an interview with the manager on air is inexcusable.

Did Pauno not give Tim an interview? It was obvious Pauno did like the questions after the Bristol City game, and with it being revealed on BBCRB that several players wanted a manager change, perhaps he declined to speak. We should know on Monday, whether, or not, one is aired on the Peachy program.

That was my thinking after I'd thought about it a bit, maybe the club had banned Dellor and they were trying to cover it up.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Feb 2022 21:27

Tbf what would Dellor expect. I was surprised he was even daring to get one after the last interview and his allegations. I did expect Mitrovic or someone else to be sent instead though.

How does it work? Does the club have to offer a postmatch interview to BBCRB?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 12 Feb 2022 21:30

Millsy Tbf what would Dellor expect. I was surprised he was even daring to get one after the last interview and his allegations. I did expect Mitrovic or someone else to be sent instead though.

Think clubs can ban anyone they like, remember Fergie used to do it all the time. Reading between the lines, Dellor got the arse with Paunovic after his interview on Wednesday, Dellor approached the players for dirt and it got back to Paunovic, the club banned Dellor from any interviews.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Feb 2022 21:33

Millsy Tbf what would Dellor expect. I was surprised he was even daring to get one after the last interview and his allegations. I did expect Mitrovic or someone else to be sent instead though.

think it’s the other way around…BBCB were binned-off in the early 2000s in favour of some otherTwo ten fm wanbabees.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 12 Feb 2022 21:44

AthleticoSpizz

think it’s the other way around…BBCB were binned-off in the early 2000s in favour of some otherTwo ten fm wanbabees.

As it seems all BBC Local Radio Stations do the commentaries on their local club(s) I wouldn't be surprised if it was a national contract for the BBC to do the commentary. Did JM own 2/ten and the club at the time and was the studio in the Stadium somewhere?

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 12 Feb 2022 21:46

Kitsondinho I have only 2 things to ask about today’s game…

1) How is Hein any better than Southwood. What did he bring today that Southwood couldn’t have done?!

2) Why was Meite moved in-field alongside Joao, when he was causing so much chaos for their LB?!

(Probably know the answers to both question, but both have really Ox***d me off!)

1) I agree....big accident waiting to happen there. Never looks confident. I was right behind him for the deflected third goal. Maybe my standards are high but he seemed a little slow to react to me.
2) Unless you get into the mind of a clueless Serbian, we will never know.

I'm still waiting for the party to start that the club promised.
What a shambles.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Feb 2022 22:58

The Royal Forester
AthleticoSpizz

As it seems all BBC Local Radio Stations do the commentaries on their local club(s) I wouldn't be surprised if it was a national contract for the BBC to do the commentary. Did JM own 2/ten and the club at the time and was the studio in the Stadium somewhere?
no, it was 107fm

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 12 Feb 2022 23:00

According to Glenn Little nobody recognised Nicky Shorey and he wasn't granted entry to the car park.

On a side note the lack of appreciation for the former players was a scandal today. There should have been a "parade of legends" prior to kick off, get all the supporters on the same page and in a good mood. Give some of our much loved players a well deserved show of appreciation and a lap of honour.

The club just do themselves no favours, nobody really gave a shit about a draw to win cash or a two bit funfair. It should have been about nostalgia and appreciating our favourite former players. Nobody at the club has the slightest clue what they are doing in any department.

biff

by biff » 13 Feb 2022 00:05

NathStPaul According to Glenn Little nobody recognised Nicky Shorey and he wasn't granted entry to the car park.

On a side note the lack of appreciation for the former players was a scandal today. There should have been a "parade of legends" prior to kick off, get all the supporters on the same page and in a good mood. Give some of our much loved players a well deserved show of appreciation and a lap of honour.

The club just do themselves no favours, nobody really gave a shit about a draw to win cash or a two bit funfair. It should have been about nostalgia and appreciating our favourite former players. Nobody at the club has the slightest clue what they are doing in any department.

Do you ever shut the phuck up? christ

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 13 Feb 2022 00:06

Oof

JR

by JR » 13 Feb 2022 01:02

Fair play to the EFL show - did a fair amount of discussion on the 150th birthday and pulled out a number of the issues fans are raising.

Pauno looked on the edge in the interview. It never happens usually in football, but could be a man about to walk.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Feb 2022 01:06

JR Fair play to the EFL show - did a fair amount of discussion on the 150th birthday and pulled out a number of the issues fans are raising.

Pauno looked on the edge in the interview. It never happens usually in football, but could be a man about to walk.

He is unlucky in the sense that by now you would expect to have been sacked and his contract paid up. Instead he is going through what must be a real hard time with all the abuse he is getting.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 13 Feb 2022 06:28

biff
NathStPaul According to Glenn Little nobody recognised Nicky Shorey and he wasn't granted entry to the car park.

Do you ever shut the phuck up? christ

What was inaccurate in my statement? You don't want to see our past players honoured? You're not a real supporter?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Feb 2022 08:52

We`ve conceded 34 goals at home. 14 more than the next highest which is Cardiff on 20. that`s awful whichever way you look at it.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 13 Feb 2022 09:36

Agreed.

307 posts