Pauno out

3542 posts
SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Pauno out

by SouthDownsRoyal » 17 Feb 2022 08:31

Agree it isn’t all his fault and has been unlucky it some ways but he isn’t blameless and If he doesn’t want to be here, leave. Easy to resign and walk away from any job

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Feb 2022 08:32

Elm Park Kid So, any fanbase contains a lot of idiots, and people who are just angry. But my feeling of the last few weeks is not anger at Pauno himself, it's anger that the owners have allowed him to stay in his position. He's tried his best, he seems to be a decent person, but he doesn't have what it takes to manage a Championship team dealing with all the issues Reading have faced. So, all we're saying is that he's basically not in the top 1% of professional football managers worldwide . . . . .. which is not an insult really.

I personally have zero anger towards Pauno. I'm sorry for him and us that it didn't work out - but i'm unsurprised given that he had very little in his background that suggest it would work out. It's like letting a 10 year old drive a bus - you don't blame the kid when it crashes.

Yep. Very much my view now. The owners are AWOL at a time when action desperately needs to be taken. Their ownership is turning into a disaster for our football club.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 17 Feb 2022 08:40

Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal
Zip

2021/22 season review dvd surely. League One could be fun with some new teams and winning the odd game.

You're obsessed with us playing in league one. It's a shit league, I've seen us play at that level and watched enough games at that level over the years. Playing Cambridge United, Fleetwood and Accrington Stanley on a Tuesday night does not make me enthusiastic at all in front of a few thousand fans.

That's the nature of football. What used to make the English leagues interesting. Not the boring big corporately owned clubs sucking up all the talent. Full of prawn sandwich fans pay opera ticket prices to watch games. Football belongs to the community.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Feb 2022 08:41

Just seen Pauno’s post match interview. He is a beaten man. It’s shameful the owners haven’t sacked him.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 17 Feb 2022 08:59

Zip Just seen Pauno’s post match interview. He is a beaten man. It’s shameful the owners haven’t sacked him.

You can tell by his body language that he's right up against it. I saw rumours that he drove off in his own car last night, that's surely got to mean his time is up? I just don't see how much more clearer it needs to be before the board decide to take action.

What I can't understand is, who is actually sitting there and not sanctioning this?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Feb 2022 09:07

Why would he be driving to Peterborough i his own car? seems odd.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 17 Feb 2022 09:13

windermereROYAL Why would he be driving to Peterborough i his own car? seems odd.

He will have been chauffeured away possibly for his own safety. I do feel really sorry for Pauno. The anger should be against the CEO, owner and non existent board we have.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 17 Feb 2022 09:21

Elm Park Kid he doesn't have what it takes to manage a Championship team dealing with all the issues Reading have faced. So, all we're saying is that he's basically not in the top 1% of professional football managers worldwide . . . . .. which is not an insult really.

There's probably never been a championship manager in the top 1% of football managers worldwide.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Feb 2022 09:22

windermereROYAL Why would he be driving to Peterborough i his own car? seems odd.

He lives in Kettering.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2022 09:26

YorkshireRoyal99
Zip Just seen Pauno’s post match interview. He is a beaten man. It’s shameful the owners haven’t sacked him.

You can tell by his body language that he's right up against it. I saw rumours that he drove off in his own car last night, that's surely got to mean his time is up? I just don't see how much more clearer it needs to be before the board decide to take action.

What I can't understand is, who is actually sitting there and not sanctioning this?

If he drove off in his own car, that surely means he drove up separate to the team.

Which is pretty terrible.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Feb 2022 09:28

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

If he drove off in his own car, that surely means he drove up separate to the team.

He lives up that way apparently.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2022 09:35

NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

WTF. Why would you move to the country to manage Reading and live in East Anglia

boycey

by boycey » 17 Feb 2022 09:36

Pepe the Horseman

He lives in Kettering.

Living the dream

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Feb 2022 09:37

Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal If he drove off in his own car, that surely means he drove up separate to the team.

WTF. Why would you move to the country to manage Reading and live in East Anglia

Pepe said he lives in Kettering which if correct I get him driving there. Not to far from Reading in the grand scheme, probably a nicer place to live too.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 17 Feb 2022 09:41

NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul He lives up that way apparently.

Pepe said he lives in Kettering which if correct I get him driving there. Not to far from Reading in the grand scheme, probably a nicer place to live too.

You still travel back with your team though no matter where you live.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2022 09:42

YorkshireRoyal99
NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal WTF. Why would you move to the country to manage Reading and live in East Anglia

And more importantly travel up with your team, because you should have been prepping them before leaving.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Feb 2022 09:44

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
NathStPaul Pepe said he lives in Kettering which if correct I get him driving there. Not to far from Reading in the grand scheme, probably a nicer place to live too.

And more importantly travel up with your team, because you should have been prepping them before leaving.

Far be it from me to defend him but he might well have gone up with the team. The car he left in could have been driven by his wife or agent etc. It isn't a good look though, agree on that front.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Feb 2022 09:51

NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul He lives up that way apparently.

It’s 2 hours away by car and certainly isn’t worth a 2 hour daily commute to live there. Far nicer places in and around Berkshire if you don’t like Reading itself

Is it actually true? Seems thoroughly bizarre if so

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Feb 2022 09:52

Hound
NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal WTF. Why would you move to the country to manage Reading and live in East Anglia

It’s 2 hours away by car and certainly isn’t worth a 2 hour daily commute to live there. Far nicer places in and around Berkshire if you don’t like Reading itself

I made it up. Sorry.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Feb 2022 09:53

Pepe the Horseman
Hound
NathStPaul Pepe said he lives in Kettering which if correct I get him driving there. Not to far from Reading in the grand scheme, probably a nicer place to live too.

I made it up. Sorry.

You want us all to come and surround your car as you're trying to leave the house? We will do it pal.

3542 posts