BFTG - Cardiff

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG - Cardiff

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 11 Apr 2022 12:41

We could do without that as our injury situation begins to pile up slowly again.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Apr 2022 16:42

morganb
YorkshireRoyal99 Possibly that or TDB will come into the side.

Read somewhere over the weekend that TDB will be having a scan this week so may be injured?

Apparently Paul Ince mentioned that in his post match interview. And you don't go for a scan unless something is giving cause for concern. The injury jinx continues!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Apr 2022 18:23

There are times when I think a few of our players could do with a brain scan to see if they have one.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 11 Apr 2022 20:25

Zip Who was marking Vaulks? They didn’t track back for his winner. Our midfield really were very poor in the second half.

Has Swift played his last game for us. Out for “a few weeks” when there are only four weeks left.......

Yeah this.

A lot of talk of where the likes of Macintyre, Holmes and Morrison should've been but Vaulks just ran right past Drinkwater.

Also our already depleted central midfield area is rendered even worse by moving Laurent forward and putting in the willing but positionally unaware TDB alongside a tiring Drinkwater.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Apr 2022 21:03

Vision
Zip Who was marking Vaulks? They didn’t track back for his winner. Our midfield really were very poor in the second half.

Has Swift played his last game for us. Out for “a few weeks” when there are only four weeks left.......

Yeah this.

A lot of talk of where the likes of Macintyre, Holmes and Morrison should've been but Vaulks just ran right past Drinkwater.

Also our already depleted central midfield area is rendered even worse by moving Laurent forward and putting in the willing but positionally unaware TDB alongside a tiring Drinkwater.

Yep. Thought the midfield were really poor second half. I think bar Drinkwater - who as you mentioned tired - they are all just a bit similar. Laurent like TDB just seem to be everywhere and nowhere at the same time. We do seem to find it difficult to turn the tide once the oppo get on top of us with the same old issues of dropping too deep and lack of ball retention

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 11 Apr 2022 22:49

Snowflake Royal There are times when I think a few of our players could do with a brain scan to see if they have one.

:lol:

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 12 Apr 2022 08:48

I think the second half on Saturday showed the danger of playing against a team with nothing to play for. We just took our foot off the pedal and sat back second half, and as has been said previously, Cardiff took full advantage. Vaulks is a decent Championship player - he has boundless energy, even more so coming off the bench, and will put in so much off the ball work. I wasn't surprised when he scored. Reminds me a bit of Karacan. I thought Bagan for Cardiff was excellent. He's only 20, and seeing he is from Basingstoke made me wonder how he never got on our radar as a kid.

Overall it was just a disappointing day, and a chance missed to extend the gap to the bottom three. Having said that, it's another game out of the way without the gap closing so not the worst thing ever. If we can get a point at Sheff U, regardless of any other results, it'll set us up well for the run in.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 12 Apr 2022 12:42

JedMaxwell I thought Bagan for Cardiff was excellent. He's only 20, and seeing he is from Basingstoke made me wonder how he never got on our radar as a kid.

Because he was in Southampton's academy.

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 12 Apr 2022 12:47

Yeah, thinking about it I suppose Southampton are probably a better bet in comparison to us. Prem team but with a path into the first team - obviously doesn't work for everyone but you can see from the way he played Saturday he got a decent football education.