Next Reading Manager

969 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Next Reading Manager

by paultheroyal » 15 Apr 2022 22:14

karbota WOW, Wrexham narrows the gap as Stockport loses to Grimsby. Surely it's got to be Parky.

That ship has sailed

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Apr 2022 08:08

If Ince wants it, it's his.

Players seem to want to play for him, he may even persuade some to stay who may not have wanted to and likely still has some good contacts for loans etc.

My view is he may not be perfect but is probably best for where we are now. It may just be the kind of relationship that suits all parties.

Rusty royal

by Rusty royal » 16 Apr 2022 08:34

Watching the players and coaching staff at the end of the game (yes! I watched the game on TV) There certainly was a togetherness, Ince and Joao hugging and smiling says it all. It's an in for Ince for me.

We have our club back, thank goodness

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Apr 2022 11:57

Yes loved the passion throughout yesterday, in a strange kind of way it felt like Leicester again, I`m all for giving it to Ince, providing we get over the line.
But next season will be a whole new and different challenge with many of our present squad no longer here.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 16 Apr 2022 12:05

Ince seems to have given the players belief. If we had conceded that goal in the 90th. minute under any of our last few managers, we would not have scored a winner. Instead, our heads would have gone down and would have only drawn, or even conceded another goal in added on time. Give him a chance to rebuild the team. having worked with the team for a while now, he will know which players he wants to sign a new contract. Sign PInce now, or when we are safe from relegation, so the club can start talking to players about renewing contracts. The players are now playing as if they WANT to play for this club again and want to win games..

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 16 Apr 2022 12:06

Ince> Parky

I'm glad we have a black British manager

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Apr 2022 12:29

Really want to see us win a game by more than one goal before the season ends. That would really seal the already pretty good looking deal. And preferably not against Hull, who have been largely toss this year. Or rather, not only against Hull.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 16 Apr 2022 13:24

Snowflake Royal Really want to see us win a game by more than one goal before the season ends. That would really seal the already pretty good looking deal. And preferably not against Hull, who have been largely toss this year. Or rather, not only against Hull.

Have we won any game by more than a goal other than the Peterborough game?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Apr 2022 13:30

tidus_mi2
Snowflake Royal Really want to see us win a game by more than one goal before the season ends. That would really seal the already pretty good looking deal. And preferably not against Hull, who have been largely toss this year. Or rather, not only against Hull.

No.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Apr 2022 15:42

tidus_mi2

And that 2 goal advantage was only achieved in the 88th minute. If Reading have had a 2 or more goal lead in a game before the 88th minute they’ve done their damnedest to try and cock it up - usually most successfully too!

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 16 Apr 2022 17:45

Loafer Ince> Parky

Why bring race into it ?

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 16 Apr 2022 18:26

72 bus
Loafer Ince> Parky

Why bring race into it ?

Because its a fact

And it triggers the racists

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 16 Apr 2022 18:57

Loafer
72 bus
Loafer Ince> Parky

Why bring race into it ?

Because its a fact

Funny how those who virtue signal their dislike of racism are always the first to mention race

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 16 Apr 2022 18:57

Loafer
72 bus
Loafer Ince> Parky

Why bring race into it ?

Because its a fact

You mean such as yourself? as you are the one that keeps mentioning colour.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 16 Apr 2022 19:52

:lol:

Its so funny that the racist is shouting into the void

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Apr 2022 20:00

Think we all agree, we want the best manager, regardless of colour, nationality and Parky.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 16 Apr 2022 20:36

Stranded If Ince wants it, it's his.

Players seem to want to play for him, he may even persuade some to stay who may not have wanted to and likely still has some good contacts for loans etc.

My view is he may not be perfect but is probably best for where we are now. It may just be the kind of relationship that suits all parties.

I'm not saying this is note true, but players are also performing for their Championship status as well as futures at the club as well, that probably plays a part. Not to go against the job Ince has done so far, he's been at the helm, but it would be interesting to see how we'd react should we survive and he gets the job full time, that would give us a clearer indication at least anyway of who/what the players are fighting for.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Apr 2022 20:57

YorkshireRoyal99
Stranded If Ince wants it, it's his.

I'm not saying this is note true, but players are also performing for their Championship status as well as futures at the club as well, that probably plays a part. Not to go against the job Ince has done so far, he's been at the helm, but it would be interesting to see how we'd react should we survive and he gets the job full time, that would give us a clearer indication at least anyway of who/what the players are fighting for.

I'm sorry but I find this argument come up time and again, how it is the players who gave stepped it up - not just now but this is essentially a re-hash of the we won despite the manager not due to him, yet when we lose it is because the manager didn't do X or Y.

Ince has tightened up the defence, got us stopping crosses and actually playing like a team. This squad has known all season that they may well move on this summer, if they had performed as they have over the last few weeks all season, then the offers they may get would have been a hell of a lot better.

Ince has done a great job in getting these players to play like team not 11 blokes looking at their next move, at a time when that move is only a few games away. He deserves credit and part of that is getting the players to buy into what he wants them to do.

By the logic of that we may as well have kept VP as the players would eventually have performed.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Apr 2022 21:03

To be fair to Ince, he's got previous for dragging teams up by their bootlaces. He performed miracles at Macclesfield.

In some respects he's turned us around by getting the basics right. There's maybe an argument that any half decent manager could have achieved the same results but I think you have to lay a huge slice of the credit at his door. He's earned the right to have a shot longer term. For the sake of continuity he's the sensible choice. He knows the players and staff and they know him.

To be honest, I wonder if players like Rinomhota and Laurent have hit their ceiling. I'm not sure either have the consistency to get much higher so maybe signing a 2 year contract here is a more and more attractive option.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Apr 2022 21:50

again….would he actually want the job? knowing what lays ahead?

Has definitely put himself out there to the L1 Sunderlands of this world.

Without down-playing his credentials here, he has also had the benefit of a Championship squad being available to pick from, (unlike Pauno didn’t have for months).

Yes, give him it…if he really wants it

969 posts