AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Next Reading Manager

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Apr 2022 23:06

Ok

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 23 Apr 2022 23:09

Fans have short memories!! and I'm pretty sure Ince is well aware of this. He can leave now with his head held high and the fans singing his praise's and a job well done. On the flip side, he can take a gamble and try and oversee a total rebuild with zero funds available and risk losing all the good feeling he had with the fans and everything coming crumbling down very quickly!!
However, if he can manage a half decent rebuild and oversees a respectable season and keeps us up again then he can become one of our best managers in recent history and guaranteed an easy route back into permanent football management.

I'm pretty sure he'd rather not take this job on, but that "Gold Fever" of wanting success must be pulling at him hard.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Apr 2022 23:11

Fair

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 23 Apr 2022 23:46

Crowbar6753
I'm pretty sure he'd rather not take this job on, but that "Gold Fever" of wanting success must be pulling at him hard.

Not a gig he'll find at Reading next season. Ince is no more informed than any of us into the workings of Dai's mind.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Apr 2022 06:35

NathStPaul People like you guys are the reason why the club will never go anywhere. You accept failure.

Whatever you say mate. In February fans were angry both online and in person. Changes were made partly as a result, they've worked. Is anyone happy with 21st, no.

Am I "happy" in context of what looked likely in February, yes, but simply because it could be worst.

It's done. Now the club need to get the structure right, get a manager (Ince or not) , get a DoF and get a competitive squad. If it goes wrong, we'll probably see scenes like Feb again.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 24 Apr 2022 07:25

Stranded
NathStPaul People like you guys are the reason why the club will never go anywhere. You accept failure.

Whatever you say mate. In February fans were angry both online and in person. Changes were made partly as a result, they've worked. Is anyone happy with 21st, no.

Am I "happy" in context of what looked likely in February, yes, but simply because it could be worst.

It's done. Now the club need to get the structure right, get a manager (Ince or not) , get a DoF and get a competitive squad. If it goes wrong, we'll probably see scenes like Feb again.

Don't listen to him. It's an irrelevant opinion on the Internet from an irrelevant person.

You have whatever views you like mate. Since Ince took over it hasn't been a failure.

Only a thick bedwetter would think that.
Last edited by Loafer on 24 Apr 2022 07:29, edited 1 time in total.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 24 Apr 2022 07:28

AthleticoSpizz And the cut of Ince’s jib won’t let them. He calls a spade a spade (if that’s still allowed)

He calls a spade a spade, but if they identify as a lawnmower or rake, he calls them those aswell

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Apr 2022 08:53

Tell someone who cares what you think about it OMA.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Apr 2022 10:50

I hear Nath's position and it's fair and I think a much needed opposing view to keep us on our toes. Not fair to knock the guy for sticking his neck out to make people think.

But the club is just in a lot of shit at the moment and we just need to ride through it for a couple of years I think.

Am I accepting failure? Could we do a lot better regardless? Maybe. I don't know anymore. This season has been tiring and has broken a lot of us down. Don't even know what I can or should expect anymore. :|

King Cnut

by King Cnut » 24 Apr 2022 11:13

Sean Dyche for me. Burnley fans love him for what he’s done there. Hard but fair, doesn’t suffer fools gladly.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Apr 2022 12:29

King Cnut Sean Dyche for me. Burnley fans love him for what he’s done there. Hard but fair, doesn’t suffer fools gladly.

Seems a realistic option. :lol:

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 24 Apr 2022 12:50

Snowflake Royal

You've been slagging the team off from the first week of the season. You suddenly change your tune and turn into Mr Positivity once we have won a relegation battle we should never have been in? Hypocrite.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Apr 2022 13:01

NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal

You've been slagging the team off from the first week of the season. You suddenly change your tune and turn into Mr Positivity once we have won a relegation battle we should never have been in? Hypocrite.

I've been slagging the owner, former manager and some of the players off actually. And saying we're safe for weeks

And I haven't told anyone they're an idiot to feel satisfaction at confirming we're now mathematically safe or they shouldn't celebrate it.

So no. I'll argue my case strongly, but I try not to tell anyone the way they express their support is wrong. Unlike you.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 24 Apr 2022 13:18

Snowflake Royal
So no. I'll argue my case strongly, but I try not to tell anyone the way they express their support is wrong. Unlike you.

Unbelievable lack of self awareness there..... :wink:

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 24 Apr 2022 14:05

Context is everythng.

Nobody at all is saying "21st is completely acceptable"

What they are saying is that when Ince took over we were in a very precarious position, with many convinced we'd be overtaken by both Derby and Barnsley, as the players looked utterly finished, mentally. It was reminscent of the total collapse under Bullivant.

From there tough, we recovered at stayed up more comfortably than almost anyone could have hoped. That is the achievement people are pleased about.

What you are doing is the equivalent of complaining about people being delighted with just drawing at home to Swansea last Monday, because it was two points dropped, and we let in four goals.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Apr 2022 15:49

tmesis 21st is completely acceptable

I don't agree.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Apr 2022 18:41

Millsy
tmesis 21st is completely acceptable

I don't agree.

Sure beats the hell out of finishing 22nd.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 24 Apr 2022 22:05

Nameless
Snowflake Royal

Unbelievable lack of self awareness there..... :wink:

Quite. This is the guy whose spent years telling other posters that their opinion is utterly invalid and they were ignorant because it doesn’t match his.

I’m not a fan of NstP at all but he’s right. This season has been a fcuking disgrace and the players are responsible.

Yes Pauno was terrible. He lacked the basic understanding of what was required to put a functioning football team together but fairly early on the players needed to take some ownership of the situation.

The fact we’re still getting dicked by Hull ffs shows these cnuts need a massive rocket up them. Well the ones who’ll still be around.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Apr 2022 06:26

It is both possible to hold the position that this season was shit and also celebrate the fact that things were turned around after VP left so as not to be a total disaster.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Apr 2022 08:40

Stranded It is both possible to hold the position that this season was shit and also celebrate the fact that things were turned around after VP left so as not to be a total disaster.

Yeah which is where I sit. Overall a very poor season but eventually no damage done and we’ll be the same as the 17 or whatever other teams who stay in the champ

Honestly since Ince came in we’ve been ok. Still challenges with injuries and just general lack of quality but more good times in that brief little spell than the whole of the season before that. And generally it’s been relatively entertaining and enjoyable as well.

969 posts