Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sheffield United (a)

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Aug 2022 21:40

Ah well, beaten by the far better team.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Aug 2022 21:40

Good management from Ince there. First signal to the players, get up to our supporters and clap them.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Aug 2022 21:40

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
genome Christ, when we lose we lose

If every 4-0 defeat is followed by 3 wins and 3 clean sheets, I'll happily take a battering every time we get beat.

Unfortunately, I can't see it going to plan just like that for the rest of the season.

Those three had shades of the early run in Clowno's first season. Riding our luck, keeping cleansheets we couldn't maintain longer term.

I get the comparison, I don't think it's quite the same though. We were absolutely under the cosh with Pauno and always looked a whisker away from defeat. Boro threw a bit at us but Millwall and Cardiff, from recent memory, didn't actually have a great deal of clear cut chances against us. Under Pauno we were just one good finish from the opposition away from crumbling whereas our previous 3 wins, we never really looked in "that" much danger of getting beat.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Aug 2022 21:41

Thank gawd that`s over.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Aug 2022 21:42

Obvs disappointing but it's the most relaxed I have felt after a 4-0 hammering
Bounce back against Stoke and all will be well

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Aug 2022 21:42

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
If every 4-0 defeat is followed by 3 wins and 3 clean sheets, I'll happily take a battering every time we get beat.

Unfortunately, I can't see it going to plan just like that for the rest of the season.

Those three had shades of the early run in Clowno's first season. Riding our luck, keeping cleansheets we couldn't maintain longer term.

I get the comparison, I don't think it's quite the same though. We were absolutely under the cosh with Pauno and always looked a whisker away from defeat. Boro threw a bit at us but Millwall and Cardiff, from recent memory, didn't actually have a great deal of clear cut chances against us. Under Pauno we were just one good finish from the opposition away from crumbling whereas our previous 3 wins, we never really looked in "that" much danger of getting beat.

I think you may say different in a few months if we fall apart. :wink:

Remember we were averaging about 38% possession across those three wins.
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 30 Aug 2022 21:44, edited 1 time in total.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Aug 2022 21:43

Ah well, lost to a far superior side, didn't really compete which is a shame and not what we are meant to be about this season. Dust ourselves off and look to regroup ahead of Sunday, 3 points would be massive I think.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Aug 2022 21:43

Zip Obvs disappointing but it's the most relaxed I have felt after a 4-0 hammering
Bounce back against Stoke and all will be well

Main problem about this is we're going to have a season of people bitching about Joao not working hard enough and comparing his work rate to Long all the time. Dull dull dull.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Aug 2022 21:44

I`m definitely staying off twitter tonight.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 30 Aug 2022 21:45

At least it was nice while it lasted. I fancy us to lose the next five games to give us a more realistic view of where we will finish.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 Aug 2022 21:45

Oh well, back down to earth with a bang. Thought the team was all wrong today and credit to Utd who were a class above. Not sure us playing well would have made any difference to the result such was the gap in quality. Love to see a really positive reaction against Stoke, the players are better than they showed tonight.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Aug 2022 21:46

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal Those three had shades of the early run in Clowno's first season. Riding our luck, keeping cleansheets we couldn't maintain longer term.

Like most others, I'm sure I would. However, the evidence under Ince's time in charge thus far shows we are looking to identify and solve our issues and we do seem to respond to adversity well. If we can keep this bounce-back ability throughout the season, we will be fine.

Positives, we remain 7 points above the bottom 3.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Aug 2022 21:46

Down to 4th Ince out.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Aug 2022 21:47

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Like most others, I'm sure I would. However, the evidence under Ince's time in charge thus far shows we are looking to identify and solve our issues and we do seem to respond to adversity well. If we can keep this bounce-back ability throughout the season, we will be fine.

We still finished 7th that season, so should be good for about 14th at this rate. :D

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 30 Aug 2022 21:47

windermereROYAL
Royal_jimmy How many 4-0 away defeats do we want up north ffs :|

4-0 at Huddersfield last season too.

4-0 Forest
4-1 Blackpool
4-0 QPR
3-0 Hull

Jesus. We need to stop capitulating like this in away games
Last edited by Royal_jimmy on 30 Aug 2022 21:48, edited 1 time in total.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Aug 2022 21:47

Jackson Corner At least it was nice while it lasted. I fancy us to lose the next five games to give us a more realistic view of where we will finish.

What? :shock:

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Aug 2022 21:49

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal I think you may say different in a few months if we fall apart. :wink:

We still finished 7th that season, so should be good for about 14th at this rate. :D

Would snap anyone's hand off for that.

Let's see where we are after game 15 or so, hopefully sitting pretty in mid table.

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 30 Aug 2022 21:49

It is, what it is. Sheff U were good, but I don’t think they’ll go up, too many others who are better than them.
Play Fornah and Loum from the start and we’ll be fine on Sunday. I’ll happily drive João to the Hawthorns myself this week from Germany, tell big Ron at the Albion we want 10m for him, he’ll bite your head off

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Aug 2022 21:50

Jackson Corner At least it was nice while it lasted. I fancy us to lose the next five games to give us a more realistic view of where we will finish.

Seriously give it a rest.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Aug 2022 21:51

Down to 5th, Ince out.

296 posts