MATCHWATCH : West Bromwich Albion (h)

175 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : West Bromwich Albion (h)

by CountryRoyal » 15 Oct 2022 17:30

Orion1871 The old Reading special of gifting a win to a team at the bottom.
The "great saves" their keeper made were pretty much all straight at him. Hitting them hard doesn't equal good shooting.

Agreed. Only really decent one was Loum's effort, but even that was a comfortable height and had he not saved it, you'd have thought he could have done a bit better.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 15 Oct 2022 17:51

Uke
Millsy Jupiter is the only planet in our solar system that doesn't orbit the sun.

We need to take the positives from this match

Learning this is it

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/scie ... 66586.html

Exactly, good man!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Oct 2022 17:53

Millsy Hendrick back to be shit again.

Rae said afterwards Hendrick was fouled. Any fans there agree? And will the TV replay will support that view?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Oct 2022 17:56

Sutekh

Rae said afterwards Hendrick was fouled. Any fans there agree? And will the TV replay will support that view?

Highlights are in SSN so make your own judgement

For me prob not but certainly seen them given. Ref certainly gave them plenty of softer fouls than that in the game

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 15 Oct 2022 18:16

Please can we end this ridiculous João and Carroll experiment

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 15 Oct 2022 18:16

Sutekh

Nah he wasn't fouled

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 15 Oct 2022 18:18

Start slow (no idea as the players haven't played for 8 days), get even worse. West Brom score and we play better without creating anything. Then we get picked off with a second goal and they sit back and we have a few chances. Oh and that referee was dire. He got so much wrong.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 15 Oct 2022 18:19

Sutekh

If he was in a WBA shirt then it would have been given as a foul.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 15 Oct 2022 19:41

Hound
Orion1871 The old Reading special of gifting a win to a team at the bottom.
The "great saves" their keeper made were pretty much all straight at him.

Only because his positioning or getting across were excellent

Tbf their second goal was a hell of a strike, just seen the highlight

Looked superb from where I was sitting

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Oct 2022 19:48

Hound
Sutekh

Highlights are in SSN so make your own judgement

For me prob not but certainly seen them given. Ref certainly gave them plenty of softer fouls than that in the game

Not for me.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 15 Oct 2022 19:55

Sutekh

From where I was sitting was surprised it wasnt given. See them given all the time. Certainly felt Carroll had a penalty claim when he was sandwiched by 2 defenders then pushed to the ground by the keeper who had his arms all over him. in the first half.

With regard Guiness Walker.....Been watching Trent Alexander Arnold too much. Terrible defending today but good going forward. I don't like the João Carroll partnership either......that needs to end.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Oct 2022 19:58

Sutekh

He also said he'd spoken to several of the West Brom coaching staff who had agreed that it was a foul.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Oct 2022 20:02

The mass assault on Carroll by the defenders in the first half (from a long throw?) where he ended up being dragged to the ground, looked a penalty to me.

Also, if the challenge in the area on Guiness-Walker (or was it Hendrick?) in the second half when he cut in from the left wasn't a penalty, why wasn't he booked for diving? Didn't look like the defender got any of the ball to me. Also the ref spent plenty of time on a couple of occasions afterwards seemingly trying to justify that decision to Hendrick and other players.
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 15 Oct 2022 20:59, edited 1 time in total.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 15 Oct 2022 20:37

RoyalBlue
Sutekh

He also said he'd spoken to several of the West Brom coaching staff who had agreed that it was a foul.

Indeed, the attacker wins the ball fairly.....which is fine, but then he trips Hendrick up and it's quite clear it's a foul. Just seen the video.

Cuppliance

by Cuppliance » 15 Oct 2022 22:13

Little bit off topic but I thought it was cool of the West Brom keeper to throw the bottles of water to the crowd before the start of the 2nd half.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Oct 2022 23:51

[quote="Pepe the Horseman"]Disgraceful decision to book McIntyre for that rather than give the free kick.[/quote

Scarcely believable. The player dived in. Clear foul and a yellow
That was such a typical home performance I have seen far too often. I just don’t get how slowly we started against a team that hadn’t won in months. You just know that it’s going to end in defeat.
Carroll and Joao do not work. We end up punting hopeful balls up to Carroll who may win the header but then what?
It also weakens us in midfield.

We were terrible for 70 minutes and it was only when Carroll went off that we looked a threat.
I also don’t get the lack of subs. Why have players like Fornah and Long on the bench if you don’t bring them on?

Tuesday night will be tough.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 16 Oct 2022 00:42

Sutekh

Complete rubbish he was dwelling on the ball and the Albion player robbed him fair and square.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Oct 2022 07:15

Think it was borderline a foul, but it’s one that’s given 9 times out of 10 watching it back. Unlucky not to get it

Do find refs decisions a bit weird at times - don’t give that but will always give that crappy defender seeing ball out dive at the slight push from the forward thing - the one that Gunter perfected (NGW did this at least once yesterday)

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Oct 2022 09:03

Oh well, after Rotherham and Sunderland the third worst performance of the season for me. Flat from the off and having seen a ton of those in the last couple of seasons you just know where that goes once the oppo score. Really hate it when you get that sort of performance, it’s really not good enough and is down to the management more than anything. Thankfully though these performances are decreasing which is what makes them more frustrating when they do turn up.

Lessons to learn. Play on the front foot more often. Give yourself the option to tear into some teams from the off. Most importantly if you play 2 up top make it Carroll and Long as I think the work rate of both will complement a whole lot better than Joao and Carroll. Come to that think Joao and Long would work better too.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Oct 2022 14:14

Zip
Pepe the Horseman Disgraceful decision to book McIntyre for that rather than give the free kick.[/quote

Scarcely believable. The player dived in. Clear foul and a yellow
That was such a typical home performance I have seen far too often. I just don’t get how slowly we started against a team that hadn’t won in months. You just know that it’s going to end in defeat.
Carroll and Joao do not work. We end up punting hopeful balls up to Carroll who may win the header but then what?
It also weakens us in midfield.

We were terrible for 70 minutes and it was only when Carroll went off that we looked a threat.
I also don’t get the lack of subs. Why have players like Fornah and Long on the bench if you don’t bring them on?

Tuesday night will be tough.

Absolutely this. It was an embarrassing performance. Hendrick continually gets caught in possession. Loud looked ok.

I’m bored of watching Joao.

175 posts