MATCHWATCH : Hull City (a)

250 posts
South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Hull City (a)

by South Coast Royal » 12 Nov 2022 17:22

Dreadful , typical Championship game with so little quality on show.
Great result though going into the break and we did ok considering the back 3 is around 5th or 6th choice.
Good to see Meite getting back to near his old self.

Now this break -presumably Div 1 and Div2 games will be shown on TV to keep feeding our habit as the World Cup isn't that interesting IMHO until the group games are done and dusted.

Back to Reading again, a very much needed 3 points and well done to the Inces and the rest-we do lack class on the pitch but they can be forgiven because of the effort shown and Holmes MOM for me for keeping our makeshift defence together after the early scares..

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Nov 2022 17:22

21 games played and 29 points which is a ppg of 1.38 so if that can be kept up Reading will finish pretty much where they are now - 12th on 63 points.

But note that 29 points is currently only 2 points off the play offs so who knows….

However still only 6 points above relegation places.

Next up is a visit from form team Coventry who have 29 points from 19 games and are currently 11th.

As far as I can see Coventry have nobody destined for Qatar and will likely only have 1 out injured when things resume.

Reading need to make the most of their Tenerife training camp.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 12 Nov 2022 17:24

Absolutely delighted with that. I was sat in with the Hull fans so a muted celebration when we got the winner. I really hope that we can extend Mbengue’s contract as he did well today. Probably 2-1 to Hull would have been a fairer result but who gives a flying oxf*rd. Mate now owes me a meal and then a happy drive back down to Chesterfield.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Nov 2022 17:26

Was that the first time an Ince substitution changed the game. Early subs as well, hope he’s feeling ok.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Nov 2022 17:26

Snowflake Royal Hull will be disappointed with that. Dominated large sections, how they didn't go 2-0 up I don't know when all they needed was to roll it into the net... they may argue we should have been down to 10 and they will probably claim 2 penalties, but ref got all three spot on imo.... I thought the Carroll shout he looked right at and waved away was the strongest, but probably 6 of one.

Not often you say this in the Championship, but I think the ref had a proper good game. We were ropey as oxf*rd at times and very lucky to win, but we made them work and forced the two goals in somehow. And that's all it takes.

Don’t care tbh :)

3 points all that mattered today

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Nov 2022 17:31

Hound
Snowflake Royal Hull will be disappointed with that. Dominated large sections, how they didn't go 2-0 up I don't know when all they needed was to roll it into the net... they may argue we should have been down to 10 and they will probably claim 2 penalties, but ref got all three spot on imo.... I thought the Carroll shout he looked right at and waved away was the strongest, but probably 6 of one.

Not often you say this in the Championship, but I think the ref had a proper good game. We were ropey as oxf*rd at times and very lucky to win, but we made them work and forced the two goals in somehow. And that's all it takes.

Don’t care tbh :)

3 points all that mattered today

But if the ref had given that penalty at Burnley Reading would now be back in the play off places. This division is just crazy this time round, wins are making a real difference and no wonder people are getting a bit more “agitated” about things when failing to win for any length of time.

Guess we are now all set up for the disappointment of another World Cup but all really raring to see Coventry knocked off the form perch.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 12 Nov 2022 17:40

Snowflake Royal Not an easy chance there, but not sure how Long managed to head it like that. :lol:

Seriously, Mbengue is awful.

Ive been impressed with Mbuengue

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Nov 2022 17:44

Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal Not an easy chance there, but not sure how Long managed to head it like that. :lol:

He’s been v good at cb when I’ve seen him. I rate him

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 12 Nov 2022 17:46

I'm drunk but I don't care. We are bang average but we won!!!!!!

Enjoying the train ride back

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 12 Nov 2022 17:48

Jagermesiter1871

He put in a terrific performance!!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Nov 2022 18:11

Hound
Jagermesiter1871

You all said he was good at centre back in a game I missed. Since then I've seen him play there and I'm not impressed. About all he's got is effort and pace as far as I can see.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Nov 2022 18:25

blythspartan Absolutely delighted with that. I was sat in with the Hull fans so a muted celebration when we got the winner. I really hope that we can extend Mbengue’s contract as he did well today. Probably 2-1 to Hull would have been a fairer result but who gives a flying oxf*rd. Mate now owes me a meal and then a happy drive back down to Chesterfield.

Great stuff. Agree about Mbengue. His passing certainly needs to improve but he is a proper defender and has potential. I really like his attitude. Hope we can keep hold of him.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 12 Nov 2022 18:25

Snowflake Royal
Hound
Jagermesiter1871

You all said he was good at centre back in a game I missed. Since then I've seen him play there and I'm not impressed. About all he's got is effort and pace as far as I can see.

You seem to be in the minority. Many on twitter saying he was motm and I wouldn't necessarily disagree.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 12 Nov 2022 18:29

Snowflake Royal
Hound
Jagermesiter1871

Did he nick it from Joao?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 12 Nov 2022 18:52

Really think we ought to get Mbengue tied down as he’s got heaps of potential.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 12 Nov 2022 19:19

fartdad Oh wow this game is on espn+

And "DAZN" Canada, which is great as whenever Reading TV coverage is unable to show the games DAZN gets the coverage here in Canada so not missed a game in two years apart from Cup games which you can get on Sportsnet World over here.
ESPN+ is American i believe and requires a VPN to access.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Nov 2022 19:28

Crowbar6753
fartdad Oh wow this game is on espn+

And "DAZN" Canada, which is great as whenever Reading TV coverage is unable to show the games DAZN gets the coverage here in Canada so not missed a game in two years apart from Cup games which you can get on Sportsnet World over here.
ESPN+ is American i believe and requires a VPN to access.
bugger, missed out a few weeks ago (in Sask), wish I”d known that.
Purely out of interest, whereabouts in Canada are you based?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 12 Nov 2022 19:49

Norfolk Royal Really think we ought to get Mbengue tied down as he’s got heaps of potential.

+1 He’s not the finished article but his pace will get him out of trouble more times than not. I thought he was great today. I also want us to sign NGW on a longer term deal.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Nov 2022 19:51

Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal
Hound

You seem to be in the minority. Many on twitter saying he was motm and I wouldn't necessarily disagree.

Twitter? The pit of despair well known for it's good judgement?

Ok, he was great. :roll:

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 12 Nov 2022 20:09

Great assist from Andy Carroll for the winner.

250 posts