Ex Players

3527 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Ex Players

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Dec 2022 15:45

Can I just point out that In The Night Garden gets nearly 3 times as many viewers as Farage and they also talk more sense.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Dec 2022 15:49

Hound TDB/Bacuna midfield for Watford today. Wouldn’t be too chuffed with that tbh

Watched a bit of them today and they were thoroughly useless. TDB still a headless chicken who makes no impact on the game.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 26 Dec 2022 17:34

Snowflake Royal
LUX I am 100% in favour of taking the knee, as long as the players want to. I can understand people finding the gesture futile, but actually being upset by it is, well, “odd”.

I support anyone anywhere making a personal statement about something important to them that does nothing to disrupt or harm others. Always.

The idiots talking about sheeple when they're angry and upset about something that has no effect on them because they've been told to by the manipulating unreliable charlatans they lap up the lies from with no capacity for critical thinking themselves amuses me.

Most football supporters pay to watch a football match not a PPB on behalf of the Black Lives Matter Marxist Party.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Dec 2022 17:47

Drop dead and raise the UK's IQ

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Dec 2022 19:01

Isn’t there some thread on ae for this type of nonsense? Certainly F all to do with ‘ex-players’

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 26 Dec 2022 20:03

Hound Isn’t there some thread on ae for this type of nonsense? Certainly F all to do with ‘ex-players’

karbota Really interesting that HRK called for all players to stop taking the knee, he also said most black premier players had already stopped. Good man. I am off to buy some of his health shots for my dodgy knee.

HRK is not an Ex player then?????????? Cancelled?????????????????

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Dec 2022 21:06

karbota
Dirk Gently
Nameless
BBC News at 6 gets rather bigger audiences than that !

Aren't statistics wonderful. Take the show with the biggest audience on one channel and compare it with the show with the smallest audience on another.

Reading are better supported than Inter milan. In March 2013, 18,241 came to watch an Intertoto cup match v Spurs at the San Siro, but that same month Reading had a crowd of 24,102 at home vs Villa.

But it is not just a one-off.

On Saturday at the GB News Christmas party, Angelos Frangopoulos told the assembled crowd that 2022 proved the year Sky News lost its crown as the No. 1 most-watched commercial news channel. 2023 will no doubt shape up to be another good year for the channel, though the illegal immigration crisis is already proving fantastic for views.

Last night Nigel Farage hit a whopping 187,500 viewers 15 minutes into his show, with an average of 148,400. Not far off the 208,000 record Farage set with his Trump interview. Thrashing the BBC’s 78,000, Sky’s 26,000 and TalkTV’s 1,800.

It’s not just Farage pulling in big audiences, however. Across prime time, GB News averaged 96,600 viewers, compared with 89,000 for the BBC, 45,500 for Sky, and 19,600 for TalkTV. Here’s to another stonking year for GBN in 2023…

Don't miss out, tune in to Freeview 236, Smart speaker "Play GB News Radio".

Are you making up those numbers yourself or is someone feeding them to you ?

elrey

by elrey » 27 Dec 2022 03:12

karbota
Snowflake Royal
LUX I am 100% in favour of taking the knee, as long as the players want to. I can understand people finding the gesture futile, but actually being upset by it is, well, “odd”.

I support anyone anywhere making a personal statement about something important to them that does nothing to disrupt or harm others. Always.

The idiots talking about sheeple when they're angry and upset about something that has no effect on them because they've been told to by the manipulating unreliable charlatans they lap up the lies from with no capacity for critical thinking themselves amuses me.

Most football supporters pay to watch a football match not a PPB on behalf of the Black Lives Matter Marxist Party.

But somehow you come on to a football website to talk politics. Go figure.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 27 Dec 2022 09:09

elrey
karbota
Snowflake Royal I support anyone anywhere making a personal statement about something important to them that does nothing to disrupt or harm others. Always.

If it is on the menu?

elrey

by elrey » 28 Dec 2022 03:10

karbota
elrey
karbota

If it is on the menu?

You made the menu.....

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 28 Dec 2022 08:44

elrey
karbota
elrey

If it is on the menu?

You made the menu.....

Re: Ex Players by karbota » 22 Dec 2022 21:25
Really interesting that HRK called for all players to stop taking the knee, he also said most black premier players had already stopped. Good man. I am off to buy some of his health shots for my dodgy knee.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Dec 2022 08:55

Is Omar Richards still injured at Forest? Seems to have disappeared without a trace

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 28 Dec 2022 09:21

Hound Is Omar Richards still injured at Forest? Seems to have disappeared without a trace

Bit of discussion here on him and another player (to summarise - he is still injured and has been since he was signed. No idea about when he will be available. Lots of fan frustration in the comments)

https://twitter.com/callumcasteln/statu ... 2799662086

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 28 Dec 2022 09:59

morganb
Hound Is Omar Richards still injured at Forest? Seems to have disappeared without a trace

Bit of discussion here on him and another player (to summarise - he is still injured and has been since he was signed. No idea about when he will be available. Lots of fan frustration in the comments)

https://twitter.com/callumcasteln/statu ... 2799662086

Such a shame we couldn't tie Omar down to at least get a fee for him.

I hope he gets fit and can get some games in the Prem to show how good he is.

Dunno about you lot but I always get a bit of a thrill seeing ex-players do well, especially if they were decent for us.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Dec 2022 11:11

Yeah definitely. Enjoyed seeing Olise shine with Palace though he seems to have stalled a little this year. Still young though

Worry for Richards - getting on for 2 seasons without barely playing a fully competitive game. Bayern May have been a good experience but 300 odd minutes or whatever plus this season not so good. Mid twenties now as well

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Dec 2022 15:54

Hound Yeah definitely. Enjoyed seeing Olise shine with Palace though he seems to have stalled a little this year. Still young though

Worry for Richards - getting on for 2 seasons without barely playing a fully competitive game. Bayern May have been a good experience but 300 odd minutes or whatever plus this season not so good. Mid twenties now as well

Don’t worry, Reading will probably pick him up on a free in a year or two.

elrey

by elrey » 30 Dec 2022 03:50

karbota
elrey
karbota
If it is on the menu?

You made the menu.....

Re: Ex Players by karbota » 22 Dec 2022 21:25
Really interesting that HRK called for all players to stop taking the knee, he also said most black premier players had already stopped. Good man. I am off to buy some of his health shots for my dodgy knee.

For the most part I'd say most footballers don't even know why they're taking the knee. In fact I'd say most people don't know why they're taking the knee.

A lot of people get taken in by narratives, and they feel they have to follow the narrative for fear of being labelled something.

At the same time I get the feeling there are those who oppose the taking of the knee for less savory reasons.

However the taking of the knee doesn't harm anyone, it doesn't stop the flow of football, it doesn't do anything to you. So why shouldn't they?

Can football ever be non-political? No. It's a public space, people will use such spaces to express opinions.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Dec 2022 09:36

I suspect footballers are very aware of why they take the knee, being on the frontlines of racial abuse given they work in ostensibly working class often hostile environments and have strong social media presence and name recognition.

Black footballers seem pretty regularly subject to racial discrimination.

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 03 Jan 2023 00:02

Snowflake Royal
oldebiscuit
From Despair To Where? The ironic thing is that it's only the gimps calling for the players to stop taking the knee that's keeping the fact that some players are still taking the knee in the news.

Totally disagree. Just because their opinion may vary from yours, it doesn’t qualify them for abuse. I don’t have any race issues, but I am against the taking of the knee, and have been since the start, so that makes me a gimp? Do me a favour!

In my opinion most of these players taking the knee are just following a poncey fashion, and my belief is that they will regret it when they get older and wish that they had been a bit stronger, and not followed like a sheep.

Why are you against players making a gesture in favour of racial equality, and why do you think you get a say in what they should do?

You just can’t help yourself can you? Where does it say that I think that I should get a say in what they should do? And, in my opinion (that I am totally entitled to without you unqualified disdain), I am against it for a number of reasons, and one is that it is not a gesture in favour of racial equality, it is just a fashion that young men love to go along with and be part of, it’s not for unity, it’s for fun, as I have already stated.
Another reason is, do you actually think that a racist is going to watch the taking of the knee and say to him/herself that “ oh! I’d better not be a racist anymore “? I don’t think so.
If you want to do something to show your objection to racism is that the next time you hear someone spouting out some racist stuff, then confront and object, but then I suspect you haven’t got the spine to do this and would rather hide behind a cowardly keyboard.
Change doesn’t happen until action is taken, real action of confrontation, not poncey aerobics or big statements on websites. Remember, see a racist…….confront. Get It?
Last edited by oldebiscuit on 03 Jan 2023 09:34, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Jan 2023 12:21

oldebiscuit
Snowflake Royal
oldebiscuit
Totally disagree. Just because their opinion may vary from yours, it doesn’t qualify them for abuse. I don’t have any race issues, but I am against the taking of the knee, and have been since the start, so that makes me a gimp? Do me a favour!

In my opinion most of these players taking the knee are just following a poncey fashion, and my belief is that they will regret it when they get older and wish that they had been a bit stronger, and not followed like a sheep.

Why are you against players making a gesture in favour of racial equality, and why do you think you get a say in what they should do?

You just can’t help yourself can you? Where does it say that I think that I should get a say in what they should do? And, in my opinion (that I am totally entitled to without you unqualified disdain), I am against it for a number of reasons, and one is that it is not a gesture in favour of racial equality, it is just a fashion that young men love to go along with and be part of, it’s not for unity, it’s for fun, as I have already stated.
Another reason is, do you actually think that a racist is going to watch the taking of the knee and say to him/herself that “ oh! I’d better not be a racist anymore “? I don’t think so.
If you want to do something to show your objection to racism is that the next time you hear someone spouting out some racist stuff, then confront and object, but then I suspect you haven’t got the spine to do this and would rather hide behind a cowardly keyboard.
Change doesn’t happen until action is taken, real action of confrontation, not poncey aerobics or big statements on websites. Remember, see a racist…….confront. Get It?

So you know what they're doing it for better than them, i direct contradiction of what they say?

You're saying they should stop. That IS trying to dictate how they protest.

I'll tell you one thing for sure. Taking a knee may not convince anyone to stop being racist, but it certainly doesn't hurt and lobbying people to stop taking the knee WILL embolden racists. Because it's a victory for them.

3527 posts