17461 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rival Watch

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Feb 2023 08:30

Stranded
Snowflake Royal
Stranded
The problem with 3 draws is we have no control over how Rotherham, Blackpool and Cardiff do in their other 2 games.

So whilst in a game to game comparison it looks OK - if the others just W1 D1 they have closed the gap over two games (by 2 points) and if any of them manage 2 wins then they'll be 4 points better off in comparison. So 3 points with 3 draws not the end of the world but is the least preferable "positive" solution.

Next 3 games are essentially bald men fighting over a comb - hopefully we've managed to get a visit into the hair replacement clinic.

Same applies if we win one lose two though... we've still got no control over their other two games.

Yes but we have stopped 1 team getting 1 additional point from us - which if the season goes totally south could end up being key.

Only 2 of the bottom 4 need to overtake us. In that scenario we've deprived one of 1 point but given two an extra 2. So we've put two clubs closer to overtaking us.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 14 Feb 2023 08:35

Snowflake Royal
Stranded
Snowflake Royal Same applies if we win one lose two though... we've still got no control over their other two games.

Yes but we have stopped 1 team getting 1 additional point from us - which if the season goes totally south could end up being key.

Only 2 of the bottom 4 need to overtake us. In that scenario we've deprived one of 1 point but given two an extra 2. So we've put two clubs closer to overtaking us.

You say "only 2" but that means 2 out of Huddersfield, Cardiff, Blackpool and Wigan suddenly turning their form around and gaining points that over a season would get them into the play offs if not into an automatic spot.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Feb 2023 08:39

Mr Angry
Snowflake Royal
Stranded

You say "only 2" but that means 2 out of Huddersfield, Cardiff, Blackpool and Wigan suddenly turning their form around and gaining points that over a season would get them into the play offs if not into an automatic spot.

If Cardiff and Blackpool beat us, that job becomes rather easier and you have to ask where our next point comes from.

One of those clubs at least is likely to put together a mini run. You see it most seasons. We're in danger of being the club that crashes and burns.

We should be safe, but we've been going just one way since about game 10 at this point.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 14 Feb 2023 08:46

Snowflake Royal
Mr Angry
Snowflake Royal Only 2 of the bottom 4 need to overtake us. In that scenario we've deprived one of 1 point but given two an extra 2. So we've put two clubs closer to overtaking us.

If Cardiff and Blackpool beat us, that job becomes rather easier and you have to ask where our next point comes from.

One of those clubs at least is likely to put together a mini run. You see it most seasons. We're in danger of being the club that crashes and burns.

We should be safe, but we've been going just one way since about game 10 at this point.

I'm sure Birmingham fans were saying similar things when they lost 5 on the bounce, they've gone and won their last couple of games.

To "crash and burn" we are probably going to need to get less than 9 points in our remaining 16 fixtures for us to possibly go down I reckon anyway.

It's just a bad run of form, plenty of teams get them throughout the season, I can't see there being much to worry about at the minute. Win tonight, take whatever against Cardiff, beat Blackpool, all but job done.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 14 Feb 2023 08:50

Snowflake Royal
Mr Angry
Snowflake Royal Only 2 of the bottom 4 need to overtake us. In that scenario we've deprived one of 1 point but given two an extra 2. So we've put two clubs closer to overtaking us.

Totally agree with most of that, though I don't think we have been as bad as our results have suggested since the turn of the Year (Stoke being the exception).

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Feb 2023 11:45

Mr Angry
Snowflake Royal
Mr Angry

Totally agree with most of that, though I don't think we have been as bad as our results have suggested since the turn of the Year (Stoke being the exception).

Yes, we absolutely should get more than 1 win in the next 3.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Feb 2023 12:50

Snowflake Royal
Mr Angry
Snowflake Royal If Cardiff and Blackpool beat us, that job becomes rather easier and you have to ask where our next point comes from.

Yes, we absolutely should get more than 1 win in the next 3.

And if we don't we can have no quarrel about ending up in a relegation battle, this little run of fixture was always going to be the key part of the season and defining how it ends up. 6 or more points in the next 3 means realistically we just need a few draws to get over the line - if we somehow get 9 then you could make the argument that we are already over it and could ever try and look at a crazy play-off run.

That won't happen of course.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Feb 2023 14:15

Agreed.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 14 Feb 2023 15:12

So in conclusion, we need to get as many points as we can from the following 3 games.

Glad we are all in agreement!

:D

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 14 Feb 2023 15:54

On the BBC sports website there is quiz on a certain Mr. Warnock. I got seven out of ten correct. {I am ashamed to say).

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Feb 2023 16:49

The Royal Forester On the BBC sports website there is quiz on a certain Mr. Warnock. I got seven out of ten correct. {I am ashamed to say).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61073905

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Feb 2023 16:54

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Feb 2023 17:29

5 8)

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 14 Feb 2023 18:00

Sutekh
AthleticoSpizz Thanks Swifty and Co. :roll:

Bermin’am 2 Wba 0

Corbarans already off then?

Nope! He apparently signed a new agreement with WBA yesterday (until 2027) so we can be fairly sure he ain’t going to be moving to Leeds (or anyone) any time soon. Personally hoping WBA fail, so last night was a good result, for the possibility of much financial anguish up there next season.

What's wrong with West Brom? decent bunch of fans and have been well run for years until recently

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 14 Feb 2023 18:06

3 must not lose games now. Have to be doing the business with 7-9 points so we can stop talking about how the bottom 3 clubs are doing

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Feb 2023 07:42

Bottom 3 all away tonight. If Huddersfield lose at Stoke then the bottom 5 start to get cut off.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 15 Feb 2023 08:52

At one stage last night, Rotherham were 7 clear of the bottom 3 and in a good position, by the end of play tonight they could be a couple of points above the bottom 3 if at least one of the bottom 3 get a result, which they might do considering Cardiff's win last night.

They've all got a chance in their games as well.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 15 Feb 2023 09:01

Sutekh
The Royal Forester On the BBC sports website there is quiz on a certain Mr. Warnock. I got seven out of ten correct. {I am ashamed to say).

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 15 Feb 2023 10:30

Mr Angry
Sutekh

10 for me too. Who even am i? :oops:

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 15 Feb 2023 11:14

Dirk Gently

10 for me too. Who even am i? :oops:

5, I will take that lol

17461 posts