Ince out!

1204 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Ince out!

by RoyalBlue » 10 Apr 2023 17:33

Millsy Without the deduction we'd be 5 points above the relegation zone.

But is that acceptable

1) with this squad
2) when you get yourself into a great position early on, and then produce consistently disastrous form for months
3) when you know there may well be another 6 points coming
4) when you decide to talk about dodging relegation when you're in the playoff spots and play accordingly
5) when you have absolutely no gameplan other than balls up the centre to Carroll
6) when there has been no improvement in our performances all season
7) when you are totally incapable of reading the game and making required changes in a timely manner?

I like the father and son team and appreciate them keeping us up last season and trying so hard this season.

But the answer to all of the above is no. No none of it is acceptable. To have any chance of staying up I agree we can't do worse than Bowen/Hunt/whomever.

I hope Ince has done enough to earn himself a job elsewhere but he's not the right man for Reading right now.

No other club and their owner(s) will be insane enough to give the perennial failure Ince another job in management/coaching, particularly when they see what he's done to us and our players. Most of our fans would struggle to perform as badly as he has.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 10 Apr 2023 17:35

RoyalBlue

But is that acceptable

1) with this squad
2) when you get yourself into a great position early on, and then produce consistently disastrous form for months
4) when you decide to talk about dodging relegation when you're in the playoff spots and play accordingly
5) when you have absolutely no gameplan other than balls up the centre to Carroll
7) when you are totally incapable of reading the game and making required changes in a timely manner?

I like the father and son team and appreciate them keeping us up last season and trying so hard this season.

But the answer to all of the above is no. No none of it is acceptable. To have any chance of staying up I agree we can't do worse than Bowen/Hunt/whomever.

I hope Ince has done enough to earn himself a job elsewhere but he's not the right man for Reading right now.

No other club and their owner(s) will be insane enough to give the perennial failure Ince another job in management/coaching, particularly when they see what he's done to us and our players. Most of our fans would struggle to perform as badly as he has.

This, although I’m sure Elm Park Kid will come on and tell you that it’s not Inces fault its everyone else’s

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Apr 2023 17:35

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 10 Apr 2023 17:38

Fed up with negative performances. I could accept losing if we gave it a go
INCE OUT !

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 10 Apr 2023 17:39

He has straight away thrown players under the bus in his interview. "Lack of quality"...…

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 10 Apr 2023 17:40

Ascotexgunner He has straight away thrown players under the bus in his interview. "Lack of quality"...…

Now driving the bus over them again

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 10 Apr 2023 17:42

But is that acceptable

1) with this squad

Ince should stay away from club management and I don't think anyone would hire him with a barge pole

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 10 Apr 2023 17:43

Uke
Ascotexgunner He has straight away thrown players under the bus in his interview. "Lack of quality"...…

He is having issues with gears.....he has just driven over them again. He is hoping they willll be as flat as possible.
Now he is saying didn't deserve the late winner being scored......
Whilst praising the players he didn't pick to start.
But then running the bus over Azeez saying he isn't good enough to start compared to the others.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 10 Apr 2023 17:46

Ascotexgunner
Uke

He is having issues with gears.....he has just driven over them again. He is hoping they willll be as flat as possible.
But then running the bus over Azeez saying he isn't good enough to start compared to the others.

He’s misunderstood what a flat back four means…

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 10 Apr 2023 17:47

Uke
Ascotexgunner
Uke

He’s misunderstood what a flat back four means…

LOL.....I thought he was aiming for their mental spirit.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Apr 2023 17:49

Royal_jimmy

But is that acceptable

1) with this squad

Ince should stay away from club management and I don't think anyone would hire him with a barge pole
ffs Jimmy, you’ve made your point ‘a couple of times’ previously…..calm down, have a beer and give it a rest :lol:

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 10 Apr 2023 17:55

AthleticoSpizz
Royal_jimmy

But is that acceptable

1) with this squad

ffs Jimmy, you’ve made your point ‘a couple of times’ previously…..calm down, have a beer and give it a rest :lol:

Nope not until he's gone

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 10 Apr 2023 18:00

Royal_jimmy
AthleticoSpizz
Royal_jimmy

Nope not until he's gone

Spizz stop being such a hippy.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Apr 2023 18:05

leon
Royal_jimmy
AthleticoSpizz ffs Jimmy, you’ve made your point ‘a couple of times’ previously…..calm down, have a beer and give it a rest :lol:

Nope not until he's gone

Spizz stop being such a hippy.
oh wow, I get it, I really get it, and I am as pi55ed off as anybody, but this is an echo chamber on steroids.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Apr 2023 18:10

Besides, he has the backing of all of the players….just need the owners to back him….and he’ll be gone

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Apr 2023 18:10

Maybe footballers are thick after all! Lumley has just said that they are all 100% behind Paul Ince and that he's a great bloke and a great motivator.

Yet in the very same set of interviews, Ince was throwing all of his players under the bus yet again, publicly decrying the lack of abilities of named players and not any accepting responsibility whatsoever for the dire position we're in!

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 10 Apr 2023 18:16

For weeks I’ve wanted him to get it right.
I didn’t watch today’s game (family arrangements etc), but it’s demoralising when you get the news that a youngster from the academy scores, only then to give it away in injury time.
It’s time to say goodbye to Ince and as I’ve seen others say give Noel a chance. What could possibly go wrong apart from relegation, which looks quite certain now.
To those who went / watched it: I’m told by Snr that 1st half we kept them at bay. What happened in the 2nd half that changed? Any chance of Ince quotes from presser?

retro royal

by retro royal » 10 Apr 2023 18:22

Surely ask Brian to come back, with the help of Noel til the end of the season, I'm sure I remember Brian said he'd come back if the team really needed his help for free (Well expenses)

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 10 Apr 2023 18:26

Franconian Royal To those who went / watched it: I’m told by Snr that 1st half we kept them at bay. What happened in the 2nd half that changed? Any chance of Ince quotes from presser?

1st half we were shite to begin with and then looked less shite as it went on but had a bit of luck on our side. We had nothing going forward despite Carroll and Joao up front. It was always a matter of time before they were going to score.

Second half nothign really changed much, was probably a case of them having a manager who knew how to react to games and us having Ince. Started poorly as the first half started and just got progressively worse quickly.

Ince presser in a nutshell (paraphrase obviously): "It's the players' fault for making wrong decisions all the time."

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 10 Apr 2023 18:29

RoyalBlue Maybe footballers are thick after all! Lumley has just said that they are all 100% behind Paul Ince and that he's a great bloke and a great motivator.

Yet in the very same set of interviews, Ince was throwing all of his players under the bus yet again, publicly decrying the lack of abilities of named players and not any accepting responsibility whatsoever for the dire position we're in!

Amazingly Lumley may not have been listening to the radio or been in the room with Ince

1204 posts