BFTG Burnley

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

Re: BFTG Burnley

by URZZZZZZZZ » 16 Apr 2023 07:53

Franchise FC
AthleticoSpizz Yes of course…..but “cramp” ffs

Get real sucker

Genuinely, do you understand what cramp is ?
Whether someone suffers from it can depend on a myriad of elements including, but not limited to, the circulatory system, the ability of muscles to release lactic acid, a temporary imbalance of electrolytes
It MAY be his conditioning, but it isn’t exclusively that

He’s made his mind up, you can’t reason with him. I respect him not letting science get in the way of his argument :lol:

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 16 Apr 2023 09:01

I enjoyed that one, it was a decent sized crowd and we definitely looked like we had more of a plan. I have often slated Sarr but I thought he did well.

I have asked myself if we had turned in that performance under Ince would I have been so happy. Possibly not, as we never looked like scoring but we were up against by far the best side in the Championship even if it wasn’t their full strength team.

On the way home in the car some fella on BBCRB was pretty negative and I thought what a knob tbh. The team had given everything and Hunt got the tactics spot on and that’s all I expect.

Fezza

by Fezza » 16 Apr 2023 09:03

Royal_jimmy
Elm Park Kid
Sutekh We’ll do e to everyone, really dug in well and deserved a point that finally stops Burnley’s chance to break the record.

Yiadom easily motm but everyone played their part. Brilliant to see Camara get returned to the squad and again impressed in his small cameo, Azeez did provide the only real outlet, if only his crossing was more consistent. Joke referee booking Lumley for time wasting, I presume he was expected to take the goal kick while the ref had his back turned to play :roll:

If only they’d dumped Ince after the Hull game and given Hunt a couple of weeks grace to pull things together we may have given ourselves a better shot at staying up.

At least that should give confidence to the players and some belief in what Noel is trying to do. Can’t help think Luton might turn out to be harder still though.

To be fair the ref - Lumley dropped the ball, picked up a bottle, had a bit of a leisurely drink, and didn't even look like taking the goal kick until he got booked. It was pretty textbook time wasting.

+1 he was clearly wasting time

100% this, he did the same against Birmingham and got away with it - ball boy threw him the ball, Lumley let it bounce off his legs and back to the boy, ball boy then threw it to his chest, Lumley headed the ball over the hoarding, ball boy threw ball onto the pitch, Lumley dribbled around to the other side of the goal and spend time scraping out his boot (2 minutes wasted).

Given we were happy with a draw against Burnley this behaviour and card were fine, against Brum it was hugely frustrating. He's clearly had instruction to do this though.

Given Burnley were a man down for the last 7 minutes I would have liked us to push more for a winner, particularly when Carroll drew the foul.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Apr 2023 09:05

Tbf Azeez had 3 or 4 very good opportunities on the break. Any of those could have ended in a goal. A bit more composur/killer extinct from him and we could have scored. That definitely looked our most likely route.

3 great balls to set him free as well from Joao (twice) and AC

Azeez looked dangerous though - liked his general play a lot. Just make sure you take the electrolyte gels next time Femi

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Apr 2023 09:08

URZZZZZZZZ
Franchise FC

Get real sucker

Genuinely, do you understand what cramp is ?
Whether someone suffers from it can depend on a myriad of elements including, but not limited to, the circulatory system, the ability of muscles to release lactic acid, a temporary imbalance of electrolytes

He’s made his mind up, you can’t reason with him. I respect him not letting science get in the way of his argument :lol:

Get your prep and nutrition right and you really shouldn’t be getting cramp, esp not then. 25c at Wembley in extra time maybe. Not like he has been rushed back from injury without training etc

Will give him some leeway as he will not had any games of that intensity this season (and he did work his backside off) but don’t expect to see it again

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Apr 2023 09:23

Greatwesternline
MR.CYNICAL
AthleticoSpizz I am not criticising the kid, just the choice of starting a 70 minute (capable) player….if Ince had dared do that, he’d have been rightly pilloried here….big time

No, Ince had been pilloried for not starting with Azeez more.
Better to start with a '70 minute (capable) player' so as to get the best from him and sub him when he's done.

Indeed. Given that a well organised team will have let their players know at half time who is coming off when given specific score permutations, if you know you're coming off at 70 you should try to empty your tank to the 70th minute, so that you've made the maximum contribution possible.

Why would you leave something in reserve if you know you're not playing the whole 90?

Not sure Azeez emptying his tank would’ve helped him with cramp? Although might have taken his mind off it…

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Apr 2023 09:24

blythspartan I enjoyed that one, it was a decent sized crowd and we definitely looked like we had more of a plan. I have often slated Sarr but I thought he did well.

I have asked myself if we had turned in that performance under Ince would I have been so happy. Possibly not, as we never looked like scoring but we were up against by far the best side in the Championship even if it wasn’t their full strength team.

On the way home in the car some fella on BBCRB was pretty negative and I thought what a knob tbh. The team had given everything and Hunt got the tactics spot on and that’s all I expect.

Yeah that cock on the radio sounded like a Team Boarder tbh

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Apr 2023 09:32

Hound
URZZZZZZZZ
Franchise FC Genuinely, do you understand what cramp is ?

Get your prep and nutrition right and you really shouldn’t be getting cramp, esp not then. 25c at Wembley in extra time maybe. Not like he has been rushed back from injury without training etc

Will give him some leeway as he will not had any games of that intensity this season (and he did work his backside off) but don’t expect to see it again
which was pretty much my point. Your eloquent assessment comes across so much better than mine….thank you

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Apr 2023 09:33

https://twitter.com/ReadingFC/status/16 ... -6rNwtAAAA

Sorry but I find this embarrassing! Can't wait for the centenary celebration of the 1927 cup semi final or the next Thai song!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Apr 2023 09:36

Royal_jimmy
Elm Park Kid
Sutekh We’ll do e to everyone, really dug in well and deserved a point that finally stops Burnley’s chance to break the record.

Yiadom easily motm but everyone played their part. Brilliant to see Camara get returned to the squad and again impressed in his small cameo, Azeez did provide the only real outlet, if only his crossing was more consistent. Joke referee booking Lumley for time wasting, I presume he was expected to take the goal kick while the ref had his back turned to play :roll:

If only they’d dumped Ince after the Hull game and given Hunt a couple of weeks grace to pull things together we may have given ourselves a better shot at staying up.

At least that should give confidence to the players and some belief in what Noel is trying to do. Can’t help think Luton might turn out to be harder still though.

To be fair the ref - Lumley dropped the ball, picked up a bottle, had a bit of a leisurely drink, and didn't even look like taking the goal kick until he got booked. It was pretty textbook time wasting.

+1 he was clearly wasting time

Have to give him some real credit in the "dark arts" of the game. He can be very subtle at times and think that was only his 4th booking of the season despite BBC Berks making out he must have had about 5 suspensions due to his time wasting.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Apr 2023 09:40

Sutekh https://twitter.com/ReadingFC/status/1647289329994338304?cxt=HHwWgMDUyd-6rNwtAAAA

Sorry but I find this embarrassing! Can't wait for the centenary celebration of the 1927 cup semi final or the next Thai song!

Although there's something ironic about being called embarrassing by an Oxford fans who's Twitter banner celebrates finishing second in League 2.

Could remind him where they finished in 2005/06.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 16 Apr 2023 09:45, edited 2 times in total.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Apr 2023 09:41

Get real sucker

Think Benson was initially suffering with cramp for Burnley so it's not exactly unknown for professionals to cramp up.

Just one of those things. To be fair to Azeez recently he's just been on the bench and just getting a few minutes now and again so to suddenly be the only attacking outlet for 90 minutes is a big change for his body.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 16 Apr 2023 10:05

Hound
URZZZZZZZZ

Your second paragraph has given EXACTLY the reason why a player would be cramping up in a high intensity game against one of the best sides this league has ever seen. He’s played 388 minutes this season, and no amount of training will match the kind of rigour your body will be under in a match environment. In pre season you will rarely get many players playing more than an hour as they get their body up to speed with what is required of them, it’s no different in this instance for a player who has criminally been underused this campaign. I would also hazard a guess that his distance covered blitzed everyone’s yesterday (perhaps with the exception of NGW).

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 16 Apr 2023 10:40

What a relief. I had a real concern that yesterday was going to be the first of the actual final steps into relegation and the end of the Madejski era, in that the 106 record would go. In particular it would also vindicate Warnock's view of Burnley being the best team he'd ever seen at this level, he's never liked us. Superb effort yesterday, even though we might yet have to share that record. Still concerned about the points tally, but I think we'll scrape into 47 with a number of teams and be saved by QPR on GD. Of course, I hope we'll actually fare better.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Apr 2023 10:58

TiagoIlori It’s a strange feeling. I cannot fault the performance and would hardly expect us to be producing countless chances against Burnley, but I still don’t feel confident we have enough quality to build on it.

Luton and Coventry will be a real test. If we go to Wigan at home being at least level with someone that isn’t Huddersfield then absolutely no reason why we can’t stay up.

See, I watched that and thought against a lesser team than Burnley - everyone - we'll have more of the ball and create chances. And Azeez will only get better at decision making the more he plays.

A couple of times we were very close to being in with a great chance.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Apr 2023 11:01

Hound
URZZZZZZZZ

Baffled by people getting on Azeez back over it when Benson suffered far worse.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Apr 2023 11:04

Stevie G What a relief. I had a real concern that yesterday was going to be the first of the actual final steps into relegation and the end of the Madejski era, in that the 106 record would go. In particular it would also vindicate Warnock's view of Burnley being the best team he'd ever seen at this level, he's never liked us. Superb effort yesterday, even though we might yet have to share that record. Still concerned about the points tally, but I think we'll scrape into 47 with a number of teams and be saved by QPR on GD. Of course, I hope we'll actually fare better.

The 106 team would have smashed us yesterday.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 16 Apr 2023 11:17

Snowflake Royal
Stevie G What a relief. I had a real concern that yesterday was going to be the first of the actual final steps into relegation and the end of the Madejski era, in that the 106 record would go. In particular it would also vindicate Warnock's view of Burnley being the best team he'd ever seen at this level, he's never liked us. Superb effort yesterday, even though we might yet have to share that record. Still concerned about the points tally, but I think we'll scrape into 47 with a number of teams and be saved by QPR on GD. Of course, I hope we'll actually fare better.

Burnley clearly had an off day, the 106 team had a few of those towards the end of the run. WE will never know.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Apr 2023 11:20

ayjaydee
Snowflake Royal

Burnley clearly had an off day, the 106 team had a few of those towards the end of the run. WE will never know.

There were off days, yes.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Apr 2023 11:42

URZZZZZZZZ
Hound
URZZZZZZZZ

Your second paragraph has given EXACTLY the reason why a player would be cramping up in a high intensity game against one of the best sides this league has ever seen. He’s played 388 minutes this season, and no amount of training will match the kind of rigour your body will be under in a match environment. In pre season you will rarely get many players playing more than an hour as they get their body up to speed with what is required of them, it’s no different in this instance for a player who has criminally been underused this campaign. I would also hazard a guess that his distance covered blitzed everyone’s yesterday (perhaps with the exception of NGW).

Think would be a good reason to get tired rather than to get cramp. But anyway, he’d been off on 70m one way or the other I expect. Hopefully he can manage the full 90 next game