Rival Watch

17530 posts
Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by Royal_jimmy » 20 May 2023 11:03

Wigan are unlikely to be up there based on what their owner said on them having a tiny budget.

Blackpool will be in the top 10 I expect. Bolton will be right up there. Expect Portsmouth will have a better stab of it. If Sheffield Wednesday don't go up they'll definitely win the league next season. Barnsley will be top 6 if they don't. Derby will definitely make the top 6.

One of Wycombe, Charlton and Oxford may be a dark horse.

Getting below top 6 next season really would be a tragedy based on the competition we have. We should be capable of finishing 5th or 6th at the very least.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 20 May 2023 11:12

tidus_mi2 Also gets rids of one long arse away trip next season.

We'll lose one trip to Yorkshire but we may gain one away day to Greater Manchester, Cumbria or a team further north in Yorkshire.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 20 May 2023 11:23

Royal_jimmy
tidus_mi2 Also gets rids of one long arse away trip next season.

We'll lose one trip to Yorkshire but we may gain one away day to Greater Manchester, Cumbria or a team further north in Yorkshire.

To be fair, apart from Peterborough, the teams in the L1 play-offs were all in the upper ends of England.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 May 2023 11:24

Royal_jimmy Wigan are unlikely to be up there based on what their owner said on them having a tiny budget.

Blackpool will be in the top 10 I expect. Bolton will be right up there. Expect Portsmouth will have a better stab of it. If Sheffield Wednesday don't go up they'll definitely win the league next season. Barnsley will be top 6 if they don't. Derby will definitely make the top 6.

One of Wycombe, Charlton and Oxford may be a dark horse.

Getting below top 6 next season really would be a tragedy based on the competition we have. We should be capable of finishing 5th or 6th at the very least.

Points deductions and not paying players is likely to see Wigan not trouble the top 6.

Be a few years to bounce back there I expect.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 20 May 2023 17:23

Come on Carlisle!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 May 2023 17:39

Royal_jimmy Come on Carlisle!

Through! 3-1 aet and god knows how many minutes of injury time.

Issue for them though. Ben Barclay, who scored their 3rd, is on loan from Stockport County!

Reckon Stockport will edge the final though.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 20 May 2023 17:55

Sutekh
Royal_jimmy Come on Carlisle!

Through! 3-1 aet and god knows how many minutes of injury time.

Issue for them though. Ben Barclay, who scored their 3rd, is on loan from Stockport County!

Reckon Stockport will edge the final though.

Whoever wins them will get relegated next season. We're bad but we're miles better than those teams

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 20 May 2023 19:19

Away to Stockport or Carlisle

oxf*rd hell, the absolute pathetic indignation of it

How far have we fallen

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 20 May 2023 19:21

Loafer Away to Stockport or Carlisle

How far have we fallen

Both have got absolutely brilliant, old school grounds.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 20 May 2023 19:31

One that's prone to flooding and one that needs burning down

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 20 May 2023 19:32

It's just pathetic

We were a penalty kick away from playing man City, man United and Chelsea not long ago

Now we are closer to dorking wanderers and aldershot ffs

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 20 May 2023 19:35

Royal_jimmy One that's prone to flooding and one that needs burning down

Demonstrate to the world that you're shallow and soulless without actually saying that you're shallow and soulless...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 May 2023 20:54

How far have we fallen

Hate this attitude given we have literally played clubs such as Burton and Yeovil in the Championship in recent years.

Stockport in particular should be applauded for working their way back from NLN in a sustainable way. A club we, and many others could learn from.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 May 2023 01:06

Stranded

How far have we fallen

Hate this attitude given we have literally played clubs such as Burton and Yeovil in the Championship in recent years.

Stockport in particular should be applauded for working their way back from NLN in a sustainable way. A club we, and many others could learn from.

yeah this.

it's no different to premier league clubs sneering at us. We all have a right to exist (apart from Fulham and Newcastle)

edit: and spurs, arsenal, wolves, sheff utd, liverpool, glasgow rangers and Aston Villa - the cnuts

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 21 May 2023 06:40

leon
Stranded

How far have we fallen

yeah this.

it's no different to premier league clubs sneering at us. We all have a right to exist (apart from Fulham and Newcastle)

edit: and spurs, arsenal, wolves, sheff utd, liverpool, glasgow rangers and Aston Villa - the cnuts

++ mk dons

nailseabiscuitman

by nailseabiscuitman » 21 May 2023 10:28

How far have we fallen

I seem to remember when Derby got relegated a similar quote got used and quite rightly the Hobnob board was very indignant about it. Yet here you go spouting similar nonsense. You should be ashamed for denigrating clubs now playing at the same level as us. I supported the team when we were in the old division 4 and never heard that sort of claptrap spoken then.We are where we are because we deserve to be.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 21 May 2023 10:32

leon
Stranded

How far have we fallen

yeah this.

… and The Ronalds

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 21 May 2023 12:10

nailseabiscuitman

How far have we fallen

I seem to remember when Derby got relegated a similar quote got used and quite rightly the Hobnob board was very indignant about it. Yet here you go spouting similar nonsense. You should be ashamed for denigrating clubs now playing at the same level as us. I supported the team when we were in the old division 4 and never heard that sort of claptrap spoken then.We are where we are because we deserve to be.

Who tf are you? Literally no idea what you're on about or never even seen a single post by you before.

nailseabiscuitman

by nailseabiscuitman » 21 May 2023 13:41

Loafer
nailseabiscuitman

How far have we fallen

Who tf are you? Literally no idea what you're on about or never even seen a single post by you before.

What does it matter who I am or how much I have posted, I dont like sneering at so called smaller clubs when we were once in that position. And I'm sure plenty of people on here remember the quote about Derby knowing they had been relegated as they were going to be playing teams like Reading

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 May 2023 14:01

nailseabiscuitman What does it matter who I am or how much I have posted, I dont like sneering at so called smaller clubs when we were once in that position. And I'm sure plenty of people on here remember the quote about Derby knowing they had been relegated as they were going to be playing teams like Reading

Ignore the weird little child. You'll be happier.

17530 posts