If The Worst Happens - The Phoenix Club

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: If The Worst Happens - The Phoenix Club

by Sutekh » 04 Jul 2023 17:15

blythspartan Tilehurst Rovers.

I wonder what area of Reading provides the largest number of supporters.

None, thought most supporters come from Bracknell and Wokingham and even they'll start dwindling if Bracknell continue charging up the leagues.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 04 Jul 2023 18:02

Hound No decent football pitches in the vicinity of Reading centre tbh. Or anything that could made into one. All flats now isn’t it?

Can’t think of any land that could be used any closer to the centre than the SCL is now

We've had this discussion before; build it where the old council offices were/part over the IDR and tie it in with a redevelopment of the Hexagon.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 04 Jul 2023 18:04

Couldn't we just call ourselves Reading FC? Seeing as the old/existing club would have ceased to exist?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Jul 2023 22:15

Jagermesiter1871 Couldn't we just call ourselves Reading FC? Seeing as the old/existing club would have ceased to exist?

I too thought we were missing the obvious there.

If people really want to distinguish then add 2023 somewhere.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 30 Sep 2023 08:50

Thames Valley Royals has got a certain ring to it.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 30 Sep 2023 15:50

Brogue
Hound
Brogue
Could convert palmer park quite easily I reckon

How? Barely any parking, a brand new leisure centre, surrounded by busy roads

Unless your total ambition is a couple of hundred inside the running track stadium

Eh? How many people do you reckon will be turning up to watch us play Sunday league football? And it’s on the 17 bus route and 20 minute walk from earley station. And there is plenty of room on the other side of seats to put some temporary stands up. Think Withdean stadium

When afc Wimbledon reformed they played at Kingsmeadow in Kingston on Thames which had a capacity of 1000. Palmer park capacity is 780 seats. You could even just have standing around the other three sides. Would be plenty big enough for our needs when starting out

+1

Wtf is so many people’s response to anything ‘where will I park my car?!?!’

Leave your car at home you lazy boring f/ck.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 30 Sep 2023 15:52

Hound Yep but doubt Brighton council spent 20m doing the place up just before the football team moved in

And parking horrendous there as it is. Can’t imagine for one minute it’d be considered

Picture this:

You. Going to the football. But not driving a car. Sounds crazy? I know. But millions of people do it every week.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 30 Sep 2023 15:55

Winston Biscuit
Hound No decent football pitches in the vicinity of Reading centre tbh. Or anything that could made into one. All flats now isn’t it?

Can’t think of any land that could be used any closer to the centre than the SCL is now

Purchase Broad Street, West Street & Friar Street from RBC. Build a new stadium, modelled on the Bombonera, in the place of the shops that are located between these streets.

Rename the town of Reading, ‘Reading Football Players Town (Select Car Leasing)’. Sink the entire council budget into youth football development. Turf out the school kids and old people who are a drain on council funds. Let people sort out their own bins. We don’t need education or social care- as long as Reading Phoenix get a top 6 finish.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 30 Sep 2023 20:12

St Pauli
Brogue
Hound
How? Barely any parking, a brand new leisure centre, surrounded by busy roads

Unless your total ambition is a couple of hundred inside the running track stadium

Eh? How many people do you reckon will be turning up to watch us play Sunday league football? And it’s on the 17 bus route and 20 minute walk from earley station. And there is plenty of room on the other side of seats to put some temporary stands up. Think Withdean stadium

When afc Wimbledon reformed they played at Kingsmeadow in Kingston on Thames which had a capacity of 1000. Palmer park capacity is 780 seats. You could even just have standing around the other three sides. Would be plenty big enough for our needs when starting out

+1

Wtf is so many people’s response to anything ‘where will I park my car?!?!’

Mainly because they don't live somewhere where using public transport would be a convenient option.

AFC Wimbledon didn't start in a ground that held 1000. It held 4500, barely changing until they got to the football league.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 30 Sep 2023 20:45

St Pauli
Hound Yep but doubt Brighton council spent 20m doing the place up just before the football team moved in

And parking horrendous there as it is. Can’t imagine for one minute it’d be considered

Picture this:

You. Going to the football. But not driving a car. Sounds crazy? I know. But millions of people do it every week.

+1

No wonder there's a child obesity crisis in this country with attitudes like Hounds et al.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Sep 2023 20:52

Loafer
St Pauli

Picture this:

+1

No wonder there's a child obesity crisis in this country with attitudes like Hounds et al.

Ha, actually made me chuckle a little that. Well done DD