#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2684 posts
Webster750

Re: “ Sell before we Dai “ supporters action group v2.2

by Webster750 » 05 Aug 2023 18:37

You quite literally had Dai in attendance, roughly from 5 minutes - 85 minutes in, yet SBWD advise everybody to remain positive during the game so much as to not hurt the players feelings.

This then results in 100 odd(?) individuals staying around after the game to let their anti-Dai chants out when the man's already gone home. :lol:

Comical.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 05 Aug 2023 18:38

oxf*rd the group sell before we dai

Pathetic.
Self serving

Idiots!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Aug 2023 18:49

I also find it funny that Jimmy is telling us we don't care enough.

I wasn't at the game today because I was I'm in Norfolk visiting my terminally ill father in law with my wife and kids. Please someone try to tell me thats less important than the fcuking football.

I also think that when you main chant is "Dai Yongge is a fcuking pcunt", you need to grow up and rethink your strategy.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 05 Aug 2023 18:54, edited 2 times in total.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 05 Aug 2023 18:49

Was there a reason this wasn't just done at half time? I mean, there's no half time entertainment with the pitch rot right? No worries about catching buses home.

Is it just that everyone wants to get to the bar?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 05 Aug 2023 18:53

From Despair To Where? I also find it funny that Jimmy is telling us we don't care enough.

I wasn't at the game today because I was I'm in Norfolk visiting my terminally ill father in law with my wife and kids. Please someone try to tell me thats less important than the fcuking football.

Exactly this. There are far more important things going on in life than the failings of a League 1 football club. Sadly Jimmy and his ilk just have no idea about real life, theirs revolves around football and football only.

Hope your visit went as well as it could.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Aug 2023 18:57

NathStPaul
From Despair To Where? I also find it funny that Jimmy is telling us we don't care enough.

Exactly this. There are far more important things going on in life than the failings of a League 1 football club. Sadly Jimmy and his ilk just have no idea about real life, theirs revolves around football and football only.

Hope your visit went as well as it could.

It went well, thanks, surprisingly positive. He's very much at peace with his own mortality.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 05 Aug 2023 19:02

I also think that when you main chant is "Dai Yongge is a fcuking pcunt", you need to grow up and rethink your strategy.

Hope you're all OK

Football is irrelevant at times like that, although Jimmy wouldn't think so because he was having meltdowns about his friends and their jobs a few months ago :| :roll:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Aug 2023 19:16

I don't really want to turn this into a Jimmy pile on bit just because we don't stand up and sing "Dai Yongge is a fcuking pcunt", doesn't mean we don't care about what happens to the club. Realistically there's not a lot we can do but a few dozen singing abusive chants doesn't really further the cause, IMO.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Aug 2023 19:16

Webster750 You quite literally had Dai in attendance, roughly from 5 minutes - 85 minutes in, yet SBWD advise everybody to remain positive during the game so much as to not hurt the players feelings.

This then results in 100 odd(?) individuals staying around after the game to let their anti-Dai chants out when the man's already gone home. :lol:

Comical.

Presumably he turned up late and left early to avoid thr protests then. Which would suggest there's at least some.cut through.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 05 Aug 2023 19:39

Clyde1998 I’m in Scotland atm and was at Morton-Ayr today, so I’m only going on what I’ve seen online about today’s protest.

I get the impression these supporter’s groups which have popped up over the past few years have fundamentally failed to grasp that they don’t speak for the broader fan base (not just on Dai, but generally). They may speak for a certain sub-section of our fan base, but no-one can speak for an entire fan base. The people who are involved in these groups appear to be younger and/or think the response they get on Twitter is reflective of our support as a whole.

There should’ve been clear warning signs for them at Sutton when they could barely get more than 15 people to sing anti-Dai songs out of the few hundred who travelled. There doesn’t seem to be any attempt to reach out beyond their core group and anyone who makes any sort of criticism of their actions or views are faced with ad hominem attacks: something which will turn people away.

The problems which people pointed out prior to today’s protest were never addressed, leading to a complete farce of less than 100 people being involved. This has again led to ad hominem attacks on those not involved. There seems to be no acceptance that they’ve got the ability to make any mistakes in their tactics or strategy.

There’s a complete failure to understand what different groups of our support will do. There’s little actual substance in their messaging. It’s no wonder most people aren’t involved with their protests.

Agree on much of that. I don't want to be too critical of the protest group as they have got up off their backsides to do something about a thing they feel passionate about. But maybe its time they do a bit of reflecting on why their protest hasn't connected with the majority of fans.

Webster750

by Webster750 » 05 Aug 2023 19:44

Snowflake Royal
Webster750 You quite literally had Dai in attendance, roughly from 5 minutes - 85 minutes in, yet SBWD advise everybody to remain positive during the game so much as to not hurt the players feelings.

Comical.

Presumably he turned up late and left early to avoid thr protests then. Which would suggest there's at least some.cut through.

As far as I'm aware he's always done this whenever he's been in attendance. Will typically disappear 5-10 minutes before the 90th minute, which makes the decision baffling IMHO.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 05 Aug 2023 19:57

Clyde1998 I’m in Scotland atm and was at Morton-Ayr today, so I’m only going on what I’ve seen online about today’s protest.

I get the impression these supporter’s groups which have popped up over the past few years have fundamentally failed to grasp that they don’t speak for the broader fan base (not just on Dai, but generally). They may speak for a certain sub-section of our fan base, but no-one can speak for an entire fan base. The people who are involved in these groups appear to be younger and/or think the response they get on Twitter is reflective of our support as a whole.

There should’ve been clear warning signs for them at Sutton when they could barely get more than 15 people to sing anti-Dai songs out of the few hundred who travelled. There doesn’t seem to be any attempt to reach out beyond their core group and anyone who makes any sort of criticism of their actions or views are faced with ad hominem attacks: something which will turn people away.

The problems which people pointed out prior to today’s protest were never addressed, leading to a complete farce of less than 100 people being involved. This has again led to ad hominem attacks on those not involved. There seems to be no acceptance that they’ve got the ability to make any mistakes in their tactics or strategy.

There’s a complete failure to understand what different groups of our support will do. There’s little actual substance in their messaging. It’s no wonder most people aren’t involved with their protests.

Completely agree with this, I made some subtle suggestions in the early days on twitter and I was shouted down as being Dai's number one fan.

I support the club passionately even though I'm in the the midlands now and have to select which games I go to. There's a reason this group only appeals to a minority of the club's fan base and from what is on twitter and the chants today you can see why.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 05 Aug 2023 19:58

It's not funding his wallet it's supporting the team that keeps my mental health in cheque and my club I love. Not going is your choice but staying away won't do much.

The players need supporting badly right now. That's what counts.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Aug 2023 20:01

Winston Biscuit

Agree on much of that. I don't want to be too critical of the protest group as they have got up off their backsides to do something about a thing they feel passionate about. But maybe its time they do a bit of reflecting on why their protest hasn't connected with the majority of fans.

Yeah, the key for me is they've done something. Unlike anyone else. And it's the usual 'do nothing but tell everyone how it should be done' lot complaining.

Of course they could do better. That list was a shambles. But they are doing more than anyone else.

I'd rather people stop criticising them doing things wrong, and got involved to give them their obvious superior expertise.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Aug 2023 20:02

Webster750
Snowflake Royal

Comical.

As far as I'm aware he's always done this whenever he's been in attendance. Will typically disappear 5-10 minutes before the 90th minute, which makes the decision baffling IMHO.

Another reason to hate the pcunt.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 06 Aug 2023 10:14

Brogue Oh and plus I am Dai

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 06 Aug 2023 10:51

Royal_jimmy
Linden Jones' Tash
Brogue
none of them virgins are going to go to the training ground. they haven't got the minerals

just strikes me as massively counter-productive strategy.....

I still have trouble processing the protest because the owner spent too much....

I'm old enough to remember the abuse Boards and Chairmen got in the past for not spending money....

But hey ho, modern life is rubbish

As per some of the other voices on here - telling fans that don't agree that they care less is also massively counterproductive and frankly insulting.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 06 Aug 2023 11:08

Despite what has been posted on here I thought the protest was quite loud when I heard it walking away from the ground.
It was also quite loud on Radio Berks but that was probably because of the stadium being otherwise empty.

There are so few ways to make a protest and I'm with Ian here in saying good luck to those who feel inclined to do something and they went along with Selles' wishes and didn't do anything during the game when the atmosphere was very supportive and far from toxic.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Aug 2023 12:50

Amen, but I easily avoid this by not giving a flying fcuk what random people on the internet think. Less and less caring what they think irl too. I hope your situation isn’t “too” hard and he’s at peace.

Ftr I too didn’t go to the game because after my surgery, Radiotherapy and mid-chemo I’m not well enough. I still have a season ticket. And royals tv season pass. Unpopular opinion but I’d sooner see Reading fold if it meant I could have my old life back. You definitely get a new perspective when faced with certain things.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Aug 2023 12:54

CountryRoyal

Amen, but I easily avoid this by not giving a flying fcuk what random people on the internet think. Less and less caring what they think irl too. I hope your situation isn’t “too” hard and he’s at peace.

Ftr I too didn’t go to the game because after my surgery, Radiotherapy and mid-chemo I’m not well enough. I still have a season ticket. And royals tv season pass. Unpopular opinion but I’d sooner see Reading fold if it meant I could have my old life back. You definitely get a new perspective when faced with certain things.

oxf*rd hell, I don't think putting your life above a football team is contravertial. Good luck with the treatment!

2684 posts