Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

2662 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: another, thants right another embargo for late PAYE payments - a new embargo

by Stranded » 31 Aug 2023 15:56

WestYorksRoyal
Stranded Someone else on Twitter claiming players paid now.

So many randoms on Twitter with no credibility, hard to know what to trust. Hopefully Earnshaw can confirm and we can rest easy for a few days until the 125% is due.

Earnshaw confirms.

125% due by 12th.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: another, thants right another embargo for late PAYE payments - a new embargo

by Brogue » 31 Aug 2023 15:57

Paid

James Earnshaw
@james_e1871
That horrible part of the month again where pay is a topic needing to be discussed. Players and staff paid in full. Always is in the afternoon, this one later than usual but don't think it's much of a concern. That's pay and tax sorted for another month #readingfc

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 31 Aug 2023 15:58

Snowflake Royal I look forward to Brogue's continued support of Dai if we don’t pay on time.

cough, #Dai in 8)

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 Aug 2023 17:01

I for one am shocked that a Twitter account called Ehibhatiomhan Fan Club wasn't a reliable source.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Aug 2023 17:31

Pepe the Horseman I for one am shocked that a Twitter account called Ehibhatiomhan Fan Club wasn't a reliable source.

Probably for Princewill Ehibhatiomhan though.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2023 17:49

Brogue
Snowflake Royal I look forward to Brogue's continued support of Dai if we don’t pay on time.

cough, #Dai in 8)

Bare minimal legal obligations met. Yay.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Aug 2023 19:49

Sutekh
Pepe the Horseman I for one am shocked that a Twitter account called Ehibhatiomhan Fan Club wasn't a reliable source.

He crossed my mind earlier. Was the more rated of the two iirc

Be interesting to see how he goes - at Southampton or something like that isn’t he?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Sep 2023 07:25

Hound
Sutekh

He crossed my mind earlier. Was the more rated of the two iirc

Be interesting to see how he goes - at Southampton or something like that isn’t he?

Yes, signed his first pro contract there in July 2022. Bet he wishes he'd stayed now!

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 02 Sep 2023 09:35

So are we in trouble after having failed to sell anyone during this transfer window?

I got the impression we needed to in order to pay wages AND the 125% wages.

Fezza

by Fezza » 02 Sep 2023 09:42

PieEater So are we in trouble after having failed to sell anyone during this transfer window?

Didn’t we sell Puscas for £4 million and a youngster for £1 million?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 02 Sep 2023 11:00

Our wage bill must be astronomically different from 2 years ago. Look forward to the comparisons.

If this team can get results, gates will remain decent and increase. We can really turn the corner.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 02 Sep 2023 11:46

Fezza
PieEater So are we in trouble after having failed to sell anyone during this transfer window?

We also had 4 home games in Aug

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Sep 2023 11:57

Mid Sussex Royal
Fezza

We also had 4 home games in Aug

Yes. Although the majority of home attendance comes from ST sales which happened a couple of months ago. As did both of those transfers. So very little of that is recent revenue and was available when we couldn't pay our tax bill two months running. Similarly I think the TV money gets front loaded pre-season too.

On the other hand August will be a far lower wage bill than July.

Our squad is pretty big again. Though young and mostly on new contracts. There are plenty of good L1 players in it.

I would not be at all confident that we can pay the bills and cover the 125% of wages that need to go into a separate account.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 02 Sep 2023 12:56

The only logic I could see to not playing Carroll, Holmes, McIntyre, NGW was that they were under contract and vaguely saleable. (Albeit their replacements looked better). So we must of needed to sell a player to fund this 125% wages account.

I fear the points deduction is incoming, again.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 02 Sep 2023 13:10

It`s all bloody speculation and guesswork. how do we know what`s going on beind the scenes? would we have signed all these players with no means of paying them?
Calm the fuck down and wait and see.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Sep 2023 14:28

windermereROYAL It`s all bloody speculation and guesswork. how do we know what`s going on beind the scenes? would we have signed all these players with no means of paying them?

Everyone is calm.

Remember when we signed Moore onto a contract we couldn’t afford? And signed Puscas and Joao with money we didn’t have?

We know we can only speculate, but there are plenty of knowns to do it on.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 02 Sep 2023 16:17

Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL It`s all bloody speculation and guesswork. how do we know what`s going on beind the scenes? would we have signed all these players with no means of paying them?

Everyone is calm.

Remember when we signed Moore onto a contract we couldn’t afford? And signed Puscas and Joao with money we didn’t have?

We know we can only speculate, but there are plenty of knowns to do it on.

We`ve come some way since Ron Gourley, not sure who was in charge for the Joao and Puscas contracts but I feel MB is steadying the ship now.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Sep 2023 19:56

We did sell some other 16 year old to Southampton. No idea of how much but it should have contributed

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 05 Sep 2023 23:54

PieEater The only logic I could see to not playing Carroll, Holmes, McIntyre, NGW was that they were under contract and vaguely saleable. (Albeit their replacements looked better). So we must of needed to sell a player to fund this 125% wages account.

I fear the points deduction is incoming, again.

Probably Dai's latest wheeze. Players were up for transfer. No suitable bids came in. The manager has been told not to play them. You cannot impose a points deduction on the club as a consequence.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 06 Sep 2023 00:19

PieEater The only logic I could see to not playing Carroll, Holmes, McIntyre, NGW was that they were under contract and vaguely saleable.

Mate have you watched those four ?

2662 posts