Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: CONFIMRED - Paul Ince sacked

by NathStPaul » 06 Sep 2023 15:39

Jaap says hi.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 06 Sep 2023 15:48

'Phenomenal' :lol: Has he had a one too many shandy on the golf course? And then said to his ex-pro buddies "Here lads, I'm going to wind up that Reading lot a right treat. Teddy, how d'ya you spell fernomurnal?"

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 06 Sep 2023 17:10

RoyalBlue
Mid Sussex Royal An arrogant git as shows again in the interview but I still maintain we wouldn't have been close to going down without the points deduction even with the dire football on offer.

The news broke just after our win against Blackpool which left us a dozen or so points clear - it just seemed to fall apart after that.

Ince, however, admitted that he had none since January that it was almost inevitable. He should probably have treated it as such from that point onwards. Instead he kept vainly trying to defend nil and go for draws rather than the wins which would have seen us safe even after the further 6 point deduction.

The clown claims that the games after his sacking were winnable, which is incredibly rich given how many before his sacking were winnable but were missed out on because he set his teams up for draws and consequential failure!

Made me laugh, winnable games at the end.

Hunt's first three were Burnley, Luton and Coventry, the latter 2 on really good runs in to the play offs

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 06 Sep 2023 18:21

LUX
Linden Jones' Tash "I love Noel Hunt and no disrespect to him, but to bring in someone like that with the pressure of the position we were in was one of the reasons we went down."

this could get interesting - wtf does he mean by "someone like that"?

I guess he means "inexperienced".

I love Noel Hunt too, but that was undeniable.

I guess you're right - one could argue that PINCE's appointment - following his years in the wilderness could be described as 'someone like that'....

Not a fan of the 'no disrespect...' and then throwing extreme shade on that person turn of phrase.

Another fine example of the Dunning Kruger effect

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Sep 2023 18:50

Didn’t agree at all with keeping him on but he really lost me when he kept saying we’re shit when we were in the top 6. I know he was tempering (?) expectations but what can that do for confidence and belief within a team?

The difference between the teams outside of the top 2/3 is marginal imho and confidence and belief go along way.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Sep 2023 21:32

Linden Jones' Tash
LUX
Linden Jones' Tash "I love Noel Hunt and no disrespect to him, but to bring in someone like that with the pressure of the position we were in was one of the reasons we went down."

this could get interesting - wtf does he mean by "someone like that"?

I guess he means "inexperienced".

I love Noel Hunt too, but that was undeniable.

I guess you're right - one could argue that PINCE's appointment - following his years in the wilderness could be described as 'someone like that'....

Not a fan of the 'no disrespect...' and then throwing extreme shade on that person turn of phrase.

Another fine example of the Dunning Kruger effect

I think what he actually meant was that Hunt had charm and ability. Things Paul finds abhorent.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 07 Sep 2023 07:55

Good shout CountryRoyal, bang on.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Sep 2023 08:41

CountryRoyal Didn’t agree at all with keeping him on but he really lost me when he kept saying we’re shit when we were in the top 6. I know he was tempering (?) expectations but what can that do for confidence and belief within a team?

The difference between the teams outside of the top 2/3 is marginal imho and confidence and belief go along way.

Particularly liked the way he only praised his son after every game that must’ve really helped team harmony.

In his first interview as manager he was inarticulate and aggressive. That only got worse.

The bloke was a twat as a player so it was no surprise he was as a manager .

Ricardo

by Ricardo » 07 Sep 2023 10:55

Ince has always been an arrogant tosspot and should never have been anywhere near managing a championship club.
And by the way his son was an entitled petulant twat.
Good riddance to the pair of them and shame on whoever was responsible for employing them.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 07 Sep 2023 12:13

Sounds as if some people need counselling.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 07 Sep 2023 13:12

CountryRoyal Didn’t agree at all with keeping him on but he really lost me when he kept saying we’re shit when we were in the top 6. I know he was tempering (?) expectations but what can that do for confidence and belief within a team?

Yeah I don't see why the message couldn't have been looking to build momentum and continuing as we were rather than what he ended up saying. A lot of negativity from Ince unfortunately throughout.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Sep 2023 14:23

YorkshireRoyal99

Yeah I don't see why the message couldn't have been looking to build momentum and continuing as we were rather than what he ended up saying. A lot of negativity from Ince unfortunately throughout.

Exactly. A big negative nelly. Failed to learn from what he did when things did occasionally go well and equally completely failed to learn from the things he did wrong when things went bad and all the while just kept heaping more and more "the world's against us" mentality on top of it while throwing players under the bus fairly regularly. Really can't see any British league club ever taking him on as manager again.

traff

by traff » 07 Sep 2023 16:15

Sutekh
YorkshireRoyal99

Exactly. A big negative nelly. Failed to learn from what he did when things did occasionally go well and equally completely failed to learn from the things he did wrong when things went bad and all the while just kept heaping more and more "the world's against us" mentality on top of it while throwing players under the bus fairly regularly. Really can't see any British league club ever taking him on as manager again.

Imagine that's what the Blackpool fans believed too!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Sep 2023 16:24

Lower West Sounds as if some people need counselling.

What an odd comment.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 07 Sep 2023 16:43

leon

What an odd comment.

To be fair, that comment could have been aimed at PINCE

MIM Royal

by MIM Royal » 07 Sep 2023 17:22

We went down as a result of the owners failure to manage the club properly, and the 6 point penalty applied in April was the killer. We all saw the shoulders drop, on and off the pitch.

Players that we got were here because no one else wanted them and the defence was woeful. We flattered to deceive until the World Cup break, with the Blackburn game the 3 year stand out performance. The results at Birmingham, Preston and Cardiff, and the home draw with QPR showed how our players could just implode by themselves.

Ince didn't and hasn't helped himself with the comments he made, but he called it right and in all honesty most times. He didn't unduly favour his son, who was our best, most consistent player, and he was as passionate about wanting RFC to stay up as anyone.

If he had stayed, we may have scrapped by, with more chance than poor Noel, who was the sacrificial lamb.

Fans expecting miracles from the team we had, was never going to happen. There is a reason Reading were described as a basket case, and it wasn't Ince.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Sep 2023 17:25

Didn’t know you had a login Tom.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 07 Sep 2023 18:05

leon

What an odd comment.

To normal people would make perfect sense.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 07 Sep 2023 18:27

Franchise FC
leon

What an odd comment.

To be fair, that comment could have been aimed at PINCE

Which if he was reading hob nob would be perfectly accurate as well.

188 posts