Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

2667 posts
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: another, another, yes another - you heard me right, another embargo 2023 for late PAYE payments

by Lower West » 26 Sep 2023 20:31

Snowflake Royal
Jackson Corner Administration is the best option. Sell the ground and training ground all our players start again in National league south and ground share with Aldershot,

Dai isn’t going to put himself in administration, thereby losing control of making a sale. :|

Be little choice if there's a wind up order on the table.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: another, another, yes another - you heard me right, another embargo 2023 for late PAYE payments

by Hound » 26 Sep 2023 20:36

Jackson Corner Administration is the best option. Sell the ground and training ground all our players start again in National league south and ground share with Aldershot,

Is that really the best option!?

You’re not a glass half full type are you :)

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 26 Sep 2023 23:27

I'm hoping a takeover will be completed as let's face it, we are an attractive club with plenty of history and with the right reset we have bags of potential.
However, saying we don't get a buyer straight away, if we can survive until let's say the end of December, could we possibly sell some of our young assets (Bindon, Savage and Vickers) to fund our survival for the remainder of the season?
Arsenal and Ajax are reportedly sniffing around and maybe we could get 6 million for all three plus any future incentives?

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 27 Sep 2023 07:52

Lower West
Snowflake Royal

Dai isn’t going to put himself in administration, thereby losing control of making a sale. :|

Be little choice if there's a wind up order on the table.

If you look at Southend, I think we'd have quite a way to go for a winding up order actually goes ahead.

Sharing with Aldershot would be dreadful, and very unpopular all round. We are pretty much screwed unless we stay at the Madejski. We'd be a club in limbo, just hoping a rich benefactor would come along.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 27 Sep 2023 08:42

Hound

Certainly not the best option, but it's "a" option which isn't the worst scenario it could be I suppose. Ideally, a buyer comes along ASAP and looks to put something in place to help clear the clubs of it's debt in the long-term by using our academy as well as any young players we pick up from other clubs i.e. Savage, Elliot and look to make a healthy profit on those players and look to reduce our debt in the long-term.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 27 Sep 2023 08:50

I'm surprised that Mike Ashley hasn't swooped in. He wanted Derby and Brum and we're not far off that potential.

Though, if the rumours are true then Dai had no intention of losing control.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Sep 2023 09:26

YorkshireRoyal99
Hound

Certainly not the best option, but it's "a" option which isn't the worst scenario it could be I suppose. Ideally, a buyer comes along ASAP and looks to put something in place to help clear the clubs of it's debt in the long-term by using our academy as well as any young players we pick up from other clubs i.e. Savage, Elliot and look to make a healthy profit on those players and look to reduce our debt in the long-term.

If Bearwood has to be sold. Then the academy will exist in name only.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 27 Sep 2023 09:30

I love this club more than the wife, kids etc... but I would never EVER go and watch the Royals at Aldershot.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 27 Sep 2023 10:46

The solution has been there all along, we go into administration and the new owner buys us and Oxford Utd and forms the Thames Valley Royals. Oxford have not yet got the green light on their new stadium, so still time to back out and groundshare with Didcot Town.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 27 Sep 2023 11:27

A rather nice interview with Brian McDermott on TalkSport at the moment followed by a bit of chat between White and Jordan. Simon Jordan does NOT want to buy us but sounds sympathetic to our plight.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 27 Sep 2023 13:23

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that I don't think Dai is particularly good for us.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 Sep 2023 13:30

Elm Park Kid I'm surprised that Mike Ashley hasn't swooped in. He wanted Derby and Brum and we're not far off that potential.

He'd only be interested if we went into admin.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 27 Sep 2023 14:08

Pepe the Horseman
Elm Park Kid I'm surprised that Mike Ashley hasn't swooped in. He wanted Derby and Brum and we're not far off that potential.

he apparently flirted with Coventry as well. He now owns the stadium and surrounding land at Coventry but not the football club

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 Sep 2023 15:44

3points
Pepe the Horseman

he apparently flirted with Coventry as well. He now owns the stadium and surrounding land at Coventry but not the football club

Didn't know that. Surely only a matter of time before he tries a full takeover at Cov then.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 27 Sep 2023 17:00

morganb A rather nice interview with Brian McDermott on TalkSport at the moment followed by a bit of chat between White and Jordan. Simon Jordan does NOT want to buy us but sounds sympathetic to our plight.

Do you blame him for not wanting to buy us? I don't think he'd have the money to fund us anyway.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 27 Sep 2023 18:40

For anyone that wanted to listen, it was about 20 minutes into this clip https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1695805200/1695808800/

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: another, thants right another embargo for late PAYE payments - a new embargo (1st 23/24 embargo)

by Norfolk Royal » 28 Sep 2023 09:38

Elm Park Kid
Norfolk Royal
WestYorksRoyal With the EFL's existing powers, points deductions are the only effective tool available. It definitely needs a bigger political conversation about how we regulate the game.

That's probably true although football fans being what they are if a middle-eastern oil nation took over RFC I would suspect any other worries would soon be forgotten in the rush to buy Arab head dresses to wear to the next game.

The problem with the EFL points deductions are that they appear to be predicated on the belief that the owner of a club is as invested as the ardent fans/supporters are.

Clearly that isn't the case with regards to Reading FC so the premise falls.

I keep seeing this comment about how fans would be happy if someone rich bought us - but up until recently money wasn't the problem. Remember that Dai spent an absolutely ridiculous amount of money before the EFL intervened. We're in this position due to overspending, not underspending.

What the club desperately needs is not money, it's competency. Ok. . .ok . . .the individual does need to have a certain amount of money for the club to stabilise and then prosper - but given the choice between a Saudi with $4bn to spend and someone like Mike Ashley who wants to put in £50m tops, I'd go with Ashley.

I'm all for Ashley as well. His sympathetic refurbishment of the House of Fraser store in Norwich's Chantry shopping complex is excellent.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Sep 2023 14:19

Selles mentioned in his press conference, that players and staff have been assured they will be paid tomorrow.

Which is nice.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 28 Sep 2023 14:22

So we have prioritised wages over HMRC, which is the right choice given the respective penalties. How long until HMRC's winding up petition forces us the change our priorities? Next month?

All buys time though. Another month without a points deduction for a deal to be agreed.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Sep 2023 14:41

Stranded Selles mentioned in his press conference, that players and staff have been assured they will be paid tomorrow.

Which is nice.

I’m not defending Dai in any way here, he is an absolute disaster zone

But with the chat on wages - we’ve always paid them haven’t we? At least to our own players, obvs some chat on loanees. When it’s not been on time it’s been 1 or 2 days late

Again it just seems utter incompetence on his part making it even a discussion and losing us all those points. He seems to actually be able to pay them

2667 posts